Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

Was just coming to post about this.  When this season started I thought this for sure had to be it for this show, how could they go on.  But it's so top notch that I have found myself feeling eager for another season.  I'm curious about where they go, what era they look to.  Sometime between young Molly and older Molly?  Or sometime pre Molly or post Molly?  

Awesome. Can't wait for more details. I wonder if there are any hints in the remainder of this season as to the plot of season three. You have to wonder though how many stories like this set in and around Fargo they can do before it gets ridiculous. 

Was just coming to post about this.  When this season started I thought this for sure had to be it for this show, how could they go on.  But it's so top notch that I have found myself feeling eager for another season.  I'm curious about where they go, what era they look to.  Sometime between young Molly and older Molly?  Or sometime pre Molly or post Molly?  

What year did season one take place in? I assumed present day. I don't expect them to go more than a year or so into the future, that'd be weird. Would it strain credulity to have Molly, Gus et al. involved in another case like this? I guess not she is the head cop out there. If something came up where she like saw security footage of Mr. Wrench (I believe he was the one who survived, the deaf hitman) committing a murder I bet she'd get involved. Then it just has to spiral out of control from there. 

Awesome. Can't wait for more details. I wonder if there are any hints in the remainder of this season as to the plot of season three. You have to wonder though how many stories like this set in and around Fargo they can do before it gets ridiculous. 

What year did season one take place in? I assumed present day. I don't expect them to go more than a year or so into the future, that'd be weird. Would it strain credulity to have Molly, Gus et al. involved in another case like this? I guess not she is the head cop out there. If something came up where she like saw security footage of Mr. Wrench (I believe he was the one who survived, the deaf hitman) committing a murder I bet she'd get involved. Then it just has to spiral out of control from there. 

I'm more in favor of the loose anthology the writers are employing. I enjoy having a new cast of characters each season. Not meaning to detract from any of season 1 or 2's characters. They've all been great.

Good news but the way the movie and 2 tv seasons have panned out with body counts stacking up doesn't it get a bit silly if that keeps happening. At least in S1 we had references to something bad happening 30-40 years ago in Sioux falls so what's their plan for S3? Either they limit the number of dead to 1 or 2 or have it set pre-war, otherwise the town of Fargo is the new Sunnydale High.

iirc, Buffy occurs over a period of a handful of years.  With Fargo, we have two events that happen a generation apart.  That's enough time between to greatly level out murder rates over a period of decades so the comparison with Sunnydale High doesn't work.  There might be dialogue coming (or already happened?) about another event that happened a generation previous to what's happening this season.  

Pfffft.. who the fuck cares if the body count is high and ridiculous? I'll take 10 more seasons of a show like this if it keeps the quality. I don't care if they wipe out the entire state of Minnesota or North Dakota twice over. The important thing is to be entertained by the deaths of simple, innocent, harmless, small town folk by bloodthirsty monsters masquerading as human beings. 

There might be dialogue coming (or already happened?) about another event that happened a generation previous to what's happening this season.  

Maybe that stuff about the violence during prohibition and "heads rolling in the street."

Or the further adventures of the Butcher of Laverne.

Oh my are the Gerhardts imploding. I didn't know Bear had it in him. I loved Floyd playing the cops and Lou knowing it all along.

Lou's line to Schmidt was priceless. I would love to have more Lou and Mike Milligan confrontations. They are so entertaining. I love that Milligan isn't letting KC take him out of the fight.

Thoughts on Hanks room? 

Really loved Bears and Simone's "Millers Crossing" scene and both sequences in Milligans hotel room especially the confrontation with Lou although him taking out the undertaker was awesome. 

Wonder if next week will flashback a bit to show some of Dodd/Peggy/Ed/Hanzees journey to Sioux Falls.

Thoughts on Hanks room? 

That was probably the most interesting part of the episode but I still have no idea where they're going with the alien stuff. I kinda figured it'd never be explained but now I feel like they have to explain that part at least.

Enjoyed the Big Lebowski nods this episode. The lady Betsy told Karl not to let Lou marry shares Bunny Leboswki's maiden name (I won't even try to spell it.) Also of course they used the song "Just Dropped In" from the movie twice. 

Enjoyed the Big Lebowski nods this episode. The lady Betsy told Karl not to let Lou marry shares Bunny Leboswki's maiden name (I won't even try to spell it.) Also of course they used the song "Just Dropped In" from the movie twice. 

I don't know.  The song was written as a warning about using drugs, specifically LSD in the song.  She uses at least marijuana and cocaine that we know of, and comes across as someone who was tripping a bit too much, delusional about what she could and couldn't do.  And she certainly came to bad end...

ETA:  And Ed presumably was the person who kept calling at the Gerhardt house, saying he knew where Dodd was.  Finally he gives up and calls Milligan.  And Just Dropped In plays, so maybe Ed is as delusional as Dodd's daughter had been.  He had a funny smile, so I assume he thinks he's setting a trap.  He and Peggy may end up as dead as Simone, in the Loplop episode.

And this episode was called  "Did You Do This?  No, You Did It!", a reference to the conversation between Bear and Simone.  Not what I was expecting...

I've been harsh on her (the character), but I felt so bad for her when she was begging for her life. I was really hoping Bear would let her go.

Maybe if she had asked him to look into his heart like nine times he would have. 

I don't know.  The song was written as a warning about using drugs, specifically LSD in the song.  She uses at least marijuana and cocaine that we know of, and comes across as someone who was tripping a bit too much, delusional about what she could and couldn't do.  And she certainly came to bad end...

I'm sure that's all true but it's still a nod to the Big Lebowski. There were a couple more I missed too, like Hank talking about cutting off his toe, and apparently Milligan said "Sometimes, there's a man" at one point. 

I hope next week's episode does include some flashbacks, cause I'm still not clear on how Ed and Peggy got away. Wasn't Ed on foot while the cops were in a car following close behind him? 

Archived