Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

Huh?

Dodd doesn't seem like the type to give in to a bit of roughing up, especially from the likes of Ed and Peggy. Likewise it doesn't seem likely that Ed and Peggy would torture someone, perhaps they've reached their breaking point.

Most obvious explanation to me is that Hanzee caught up to the 3 of them, is sitting in a car or hotel room with Peggy and coerced Ed to lure Milligan up to Sioux falls for an ambush.

That's a really interesting explanation.  Except that Ed looked pretty satisfied after the call, he didn't look stressed by the fact his wife was Hanzee's hostage.

Someone was calling the Gerhardt residence all day long. That could be Ed. It's possible that they tried to exchange Dodd in exchange for protection or something. Then Ed realizes this is futile and goes to Mike. Next episode might show what the Bloomquists were up to the entire time and how they found out about Mike.

Okay, like last season, it's time to speculate who gets who. Mike Milligan is definitely going down at Lou's hands. I'm sort of hoping Hanzee doesn't die but if he does then it's Mike. I can see Floyd and Charlie surviving but Bear is going down, idk. 

And what the hell is up with the UFOs ?

Someone was calling the Gerhardt residence all day long. That could be Ed. It's possible that they tried to exchange Dodd in exchange for protection or something. Then Ed realizes this is futile and goes to Mike. Next episode might show what the Bloomquists were up to the entire time and how they found out about Mike.

Yeah this is my take as well. I don't mind that they didn't cover Ed, Peggy or Hanzee much this episode -- they covered a lot without them. Have to say though, while I like Mike Milligan's character and dialogue, I feel like him and the kitchen brother have been less intimidating as time goes on (even with taking out the Undertaker). More talk and less walk.

Jean Smart was solid but Betsy Solverson was the highlight of the show. And I'm not just saying that because I am in love with Cristin Milioti. 

Da fuck with Hank's room? Didn't know what to make of that.

Not sure how I feel about a Season 3, the juxtaposition of these extraordinary events in very ordinary settings is such a crucial part of the show that I wouldn't feel comfortable with Fargo becoming an abnormally violent place. Sioux Falls was set up perfectly by the first season, it doesn't really make sense that anything as notably violent could have happened between 79 and 14, when on numerous occasions people refered back to 79 as the last time this happened and not some other incident. Personally, I'd go back another 30 years or so. Something during the war perhaps ..... might be a bit too on the nose to repeat the trick and have a young Hank and his family. We do have a story ready though, the one about Hank finding the body? I forget the details but I think that was during the war?

What about going forward to present day? 2006 (season 1) - 2015 is a decent amount of time for some stuff to brew in the area.

It already feels like a period piece in season 2, I think it'd be a nice change of pace to jump back to present day (although I have no idea how they'd link the story in that case). 

I really wouldn't be surprised if next season is a prohibition era story. They've mentioned the extreme violence of that era twice, and shown it once (and even already cast young Dodd) Between Ben's line about Otto taking over (something like "WWI's over, but say hello to Adolf Hitler." ) and the "heads rolling in the streets line" I can't imagine where else they would go, if they're going for another period piece. Plus that it's long enough ago, and in a time known for the rise of organized crime helps with the "this is getting ridiculous" thing. There could be no Solverson connection at all. 

Also Miller's Crossing was set during prohibition, so there's that Coen connection. 

Personally I'd rather seem them go forward and have Molly involved at least in some capacity. As I said before Mr. Wrench is something of a loose end from season one. 

What about going forward to present day? 2006 (season 1) - 2015 is a decent amount of time for some stuff to brew in the area.

Season 1 was set in 2006? I didn't realise. But still, you end up with Jack-Bauer-itus. How much can happen to poor Molly? And I still think the normality of the setting is too crucial. The mostly inept police who never deal with these things, the quiet and polite suburban life of Lester, the quaint and moderate aspirations of the Blomquists. Average Minnesota/Dakota life is the back drop, the extraordinary events are the plot.

In a way, it's a shame they've tied themselves to one location with the title because simply moving it all would solve this problem.

In a way, it's a shame they've tied themselves to one location with the title because simply moving it all would solve this problem.

Have they? For a show called Fargo they seem to spend an awful lot of time in Minnesota. IIRC, season 1 barely had anything at all take place in Fargo itself. I think as long as they keep some connection they could probably move the show almost anywhere.

Have they? For a show called Fargo they seem to spend an awful lot of time in Minnesota. 

Wasn't it the case in the original Coen movie as well though? I remember wondering why on earth it was called Fargo, if practically all the action took place in Minnesota.

Well Fargo has certainly featured or been mentioned at least in both seasons. Quite how they'd crow bar it in if it was in Florida, I don't know. I think the accent's become part of the show's identity now, it needs to be in that vicinity I think.

Oh, I largely agree, especially wrt the accent. Just making the point that the show is a lot less tied to Fargo itself than it may immediately appear and they have a lot of potential places to go.

Wasn't it the case in the original Coen movie as well though? I remember wondering why on earth it was called Fargo, if practically all the action took place in Minnesota.

I had to look it up, but I do believe you are correct.

I'm probably only half interested (if that) in this show if werent in the region and settings for the movie and 2 seasons. It'd be (changing locale) like moving Deadwood to NYC or some stupidity like that. It would be like moving "Heat of the Night" to a Boston setting.

It would be like moving the "Wire" to a cargo port or something.......

wait......

Archived