Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

Watching the rerun now, I'm really enjoying listening to Freeman narrate.  The first time around I was trying to absorb every little detail. like Mike whistling after leaving the phone booth, and feeling the sadness of Sylvia's Mother.

ETA:  oh, I do hope Hank makes it.

I hope Mike goes back to his boss next week and takes full credit for what happened. Seeing him just drive up to the massacre, only to get back in his car and leave seconds later, had me laughing my ass off.

I also really enjoyed the narration. I was kinda iffy on the UFO at the end up until Peggy's line which made it worth it for me haha

I was so over the UFO theme until that very moment.  Bless Peggy and her madness. 

I wish I had time for a rewatch of the entire season.  Or even just this episode.  So good.  So so so good.  I don't even know what to comment on just yet.  I definitely cracked up when the cops got out of uniform just to put on another uniform.  I mean, lol hahhaa wut.

Freeman's narration in the beginning reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Oh the carnage. Hanzee is sooo tired of everyone's shit. I loved Milligan's "OK then" when he sees the aftermath. The UFO was a bit much but I loved Ed and Peggy's reactions. Peggy is surprisingly the most capable character outside of Hanzee.

so I guess this flying saucer is this season's Fish falling out of the sky

Well, not really. The fish didn't get as much focus as the UFO does. Unless I'm forgetting. Plus isn't the fish thing an actual (if rare) phenomenon where animals get sucked up in tornadoes or whatever? Or am just putting too much faith in things I heard from the movie Magnolia? 

What was that stuff dripping down from the saucer?

I figured just water? Like it had emerged from the ice maybe? 

What did Ben say just as shit got real? "It's River Falls all over again?" Was he referring to a previous case of his? Some of the prohibition violence alluded too earlier in the season? Something that happens in season three because there's aliens so why not some kinda time loop shenanigans? Early groundwork for season four?

Edit: Also in all the excitement I almost forgot how fucking heartbreaking it was when Molly found her mom. At least she has Noreen to comfort her. Or tell her that it was inevitable and ultimately irrelevant because Molly will die too. 

Edit2: Also, everyone's hung up on the UFO, but did Bear not shrug off a bullet to the head before attacking Lou? 

I hope Mike goes back to his boss next week and takes full credit for what happened. Seeing him just drive up to the massacre, only to get back in his car and leave seconds later, had me laughing my ass off.

That was a nicely placed 'okay then' too. Such a funny quick scene.

Ths episode had Wes Anderson-esque narration, Scorsese freeze frames, and Tarantino-level violence. I wonder if the finale will be a bit of a denouement after this wonderful wild clusterfuck. 

I was so over the UFO theme until that very moment.  Bless Peggy and her madness..

it's getting pretty polarizing reactions from what I've seen. I didn't love it but I was expecting something like that to happen and yeah Peggy's line was just perfect. 

Poor Hank didn't even get to see the UFO. :( 

didn't even think of that. 

What did Ben say just as shit got real? "It's River Falls all over again?"

I thought he said "Rapid City".

Crazy episode. That ufo was....interesting. not entirely sure how i feel about it. tense episode, however. 

That was a nicely placed 'okay then' too. Such a funny quick scene.

Ths episode had Wes Anderson-esque narration, Scorsese freeze frames, and Tarantino-level violence. I wonder if the finale will be a bit of a denouement after this wonderful wild clusterfuck. 

The finale won't be as awesome as that but plenty of people still have to die. 

Archived