Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

I haven't been active in the thread but I'm loving this show.  This is the standout TV of 2015.  The mix of tension and humor is just right.  I just went and bought S1 on Amazon video too.

People were worried Season 2 could not match the quality of Season 1, so I think you'll enjoy it.  :)

uuh, OK is Hanzee the head mob guy from season one before plastic surgery? Were those kids Wrench and Numbers? 

Edit: anyone wondering what I'm talking about should put on episode six of season one if you can. Just watch the first four minutes or so. 

uuh, OK is Hanzee the head mob guy from season one before plastic surgery? Were those kids Wrench and Numbers? 

I didn't even think of that. I mean the kids were pretty obvious, but Hanzee being the mafia guy is certainly possible as well.

Palindrome.

The events recited by Lou that occurred on the USS Kirk are completely true.  When troops were ordered out of Vietnam, the ships pulled up anchor and left as well.  And of course there were still so many Vietnamese people who wanted to get the hell out.  So members of the Vietnamese air force loaded up the helicopters with as many people as they could and flew out as far as they could to find the US fleet.

This year was the 40th anniversary of the end of the war and in the spring there were all kinds of stories about the escapes from Saigon, including a very good documentary made by, geez, I think it was a Kennedy granddaughter.

There was also a book called Inside Out & Back Again, and I heard several interviews with the author.  Inside Out and Back Again, just like a palindrome.  A tribute to valor, then?

If you are curious about the story, here's a link to various PBS Viet Nam stories. http://www.npr.org/series/129580052/the-uss-kirk-valor-at-the-vietnam-war-s-end

Damn.  I'd have to watch Season 1 again.

Did we ever see Lou sitting shotgun on the front porch?  We didn't, did we?  Season 3?

This episode really had a Game of Thrones feel to it.  The big drama in the penultimate episode, and then wrap-up in the last.

Poor, poor Ed. :(

So you think we'll ever get another prequel season, showing us what Lou, Mike, Hanzee and all of the other amazing characters who survived this season did after the events of season 2?

I know season 3 is taking us back to the present, but another trip to the past would always be fun as well.

I didn't even think of that. I mean the kids were pretty obvious, but Hanzee being the mafia guy is certainly possible as well.

Well they both used very similar phrasing, too similar to be a coincidence. Between that, the talk of facial reconstructive surgery and starting a new empire I think that's what they were suggesting. Plus Numbers and Wrench worked for that boss guy. I'm trying to remember now (season one spoiler:)

I'm pretty sure Malvo killed that guy in his spree, so Malvo killed Hanzee. 

Did we ever see Lou sitting shotgun on the front porch?  We didn't, did we?  Season 3?

I seem to remember we did, early on. I wanna say right after he had that talk with Peggy and Ed about turning themselves in but they wouldn't. 

So you think we'll ever get another prequel season, showing us what Lou, Mike, Hanzee and all of the other amazing characters who survived this season did after the events of season 2?

I know season 3 is taking us back to the present, but another trip to the past would always be fun as well.

My guess is that if they keep getting renewed, that they'll jump back and forth in time from season to season. 

Lou sitting outside happened at the end of episode four I believe. And yeah I think that was definitely supposed to be Wrench and Numbers. So much season 1 callback/references tonight. 

What a great season of TV, probably my favorite of the year. They pretty much killed Mike Milligan :( . Dunst was the standout again I think the first twenty minutes was the best part of the ep. 

So, is there any series out there that can even give a fair fight to Fargo this year ? Man, this season was amazing. Not without it's flaws but still.
 Dunst and Wilson are definitely winning all awards in contention. Both roles were difficult to pull off and could easily have slipped into cliched 'cop man' and 'obvious psycho' territory  and it is to the actor's and writer's credit that they didn't.

This season was some of the greatest tv I've seen in a long time and season 1 was very good in it's own right. I love the web of characters this show created and how they all fit together. I hope season 3 can keep up this level of quality and story telling.

This season was some of the greatest tv I've seen in a long time and season 1 was very good in it's own right. I love the web of characters this show created and how they all fit together. I hope season 3 can keep up this level of quality and story telling.

Archived