Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

Just hypothesising, with Darkseid as a presumable future Big Bad, and his demons possibly showing up in what we think might be a fear dream of Batmans, it seems likely that he is using some form of manipulation to bring the two into conflict, especially as he must view Supermans presence as a threat to him. I'm not really that familiar with the character, does it seem like him?

Those were the Parademons, an easter-egg to Darkseid.

Wow, there's a lot going on in this movie. 

Just hypothesising, with Darkseid as a presumable future Big Bad, and his demons possibly showing up in what we think might be a fear dream of Batmans, it seems likely that he is using some form of manipulation to bring the two into conflict, especially as he must view Supermans presence as a threat to him. I'm not really that familiar with the character, does it seem like him?

I know very little about the DC universe but they could be setting up Darkseid like Marvel has been with Thanos. Or it could just be an easter egg they don't intend on following up on. When you say fear dream you mean like from the Scarecrow gas? Or just a regular bad dream? 

Yeah, it fits his MO to some degree. Darkseid has his own retinue of super-powered lackeys. Two of them in particular, the brother and sister team of Glorious Godfrey and Amazing Grace are particular adept at psychic manipulation and persuasion. Could be he's using one or both of them to fuck with the Bat. 

Are they turning Zod into Doomsday?

I believe that's the general supposition.

Michael Shannon had a quote a few months back after filming that he had a hard time going to the bathroom on set because of the rubber flippers on his arm.  Presumably, the markers for eventual CGI claws.

Yeah, it fits him MO to some degree. Darkseid has his own retinue of super-powered lackeys. Two of them in particular, the brother and sister team of Glorious Godfrey and Amazing Grace are particular adept at psychic manipulation and persuasion. Could be he's using one or both of them to fuck with the Bat. 

Oh, man. I would forgive Snyder for everything if only he would make a full-on Kirbyesque (ie batshit insane) Apokalips movie featuring GG, the Female Furies, and Granny Goodness.

The first trailer was a lot better. THis one showed way too much. I don't normally advocate this, but this is a film that needed to be split in two.

Movie 1:

A1: Explore the main characters and where their world is.

A2: Confrontation (like them meeting at the ball), and proxy wars.

A3: Batman v. Superman, with WW saving Bats aand point them to the real villian, Lex.

Movie 2:

A1: Lex escapes from prison and completes Doomsday.

A2: Superman thinks he can handle Doomsday alone and nearly gets killed.

A3: Bats rallys the other not yet members of the JL and together, with Superman, fight Doomsday, and lose because they're not quite yet the JL.

Movie 3 can be them actually learning how to work together and defeating Doomsday.

And I'll just leave this idea here:

Lex should have been played by Billy Zane.

It's not immediate that Lex shaves his head and becomes super sinister and calculating, and given the images already released I'm really hoping that this is something we see on screen by the end of the film - Lex as supervillain and not just tech-billionnaire-playboy. 

Shaves his head? He lost his hair in a lab accident that he blames Supes for. That, in part is what drives him over the edge. Or was this some sort of specific reset story? 

Yeah; for me, the Motherfucking Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor from the Superman/JLU cartoon is the best version of Lex, period. Calculating, intelligent, patient, smart, charming and a magnificent bastard. 

Right now, Eisenberg doesn't have the gravitas. To be fair, neither did Spacey or Hackman (though Spacey almost got there), but I really want Luthor to be a bit less...goofy and eccentric. 

Yeah; for me, the Motherfucking Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor from the Superman/JLU cartoon is the best version of Lex, period. Calculating, intelligent, patient, smart, charming and a magnificent bastard. 

Right now, Eisenberg doesn't have the gravitas. To be fair, neither did Spacey or Hackman (though Spacey almost got there), but I really want Luthor to be a bit less...goofy and eccentric. 

Oh fuck yes. Clancy Brown probably has the best villain voice ever, outside of maybe James Earl Jones' Darth Vader. Just impeccable. 

Well it's Lex Jr., but I don't like the casting. And I have nothing against the actor.

Well it's Lex Jr., but I don't like the casting. And I have nothing against the actor.

I was just going to ETA that point. This is clearly a younger iteration of the character than the one portrayed in the JLU cartoons, so I think it could work. You wouldn't expect this Lex to have the same gravitas.

I was just going to ETA that point. This is clearly a younger iteration of the character than the one portrayed in the JLU cartoons, so I think it could work. You wouldn't expect this Lex to have the same gravitas.

Yeah, but LL is basically a wealthy businessman version of the Kingpin. Having him turn into a tech nerd is lame IMO.

Yeah, but LL is basically a wealthy businessman version of the Kingpin. Having him turn into a tech nerd is lame IMO.

What? He is very much so a tech nerd. He corrects scientists, and see him often in laboratories and stuff building some tech. His company builds war machines and all that, which he (like i said) corrects scientists when they fuck up. 

"Lex Luthor might be known as a genius on all fronts (business, strategy, and overall fiendishness), but it’s his tech abilities that are the most impressive. "

"There is a reason why Luthor has never become a smear of humanity on Superman’s fist, and it’s because he’s a techie at heart. Give him some spare parts and a little bit of time and he can make Earth’s mightiest heroes quiver."

Yeah, while I would too like a Lex with more focused intensity (which we might get if the poster clues are anything to go by - and this might actually work as a transition for movie audiences from the OTT land magnate from the earlier movies to the more sinister comic version), you've definitely read him wrong if you think he's not a techie. He is, in many ways, an evil Tony Stark.

Archived