Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

• 3 weeks later...

Man, the more i see/read about this, the more i think it will be a dumb action movie with wayyyyyy too much happening. This was going to be my favorite movie EVER, i am such a big batman fan that there was no way they could ruin this......... but it looks like they have.

I still have SOME hope, but it's slowly draining away. The only positive side, is that unlike man of steel, it looks like their will at least be some fun parts. 

At this point, i'm more excited for Suicide Squad and Deadpool. 

Dumb question but Suicide Squad is the same universe as this movie right? All the Batman and Joker references between the 2 moves are referring to Affleck and Leto right?

That's my understanding.

Dumb question but Suicide Squad is the same universe as this movie right? All the Batman and Joker references between the 2 moves are referring to Affleck and Leto right?

Yep. Looking at an older more established Gotham setup. Waller directly references Superman's appearance as a sort of beacon for the Squads more outlandish villains appearance in the SS trailer. I have high hopes for Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman, I want to be excited, but it does look very very crowded.

Man, the more i see/read about this, the more i think it will be a dumb action movie with wayyyyyy too much happening. This was going to be my favorite movie EVER, i am such a big batman fan that there was no way they could ruin this......... but it looks like they have.

I still have SOME hope, but it's slowly draining away. The only positive side, is that unlike man of steel, it looks like their will at least be some fun parts. 

At this point, i'm more excited for Suicide Squad and Deadpool. 

No matter how much I may or may not despair over how good this may or may not be, you're  gonna need to pay me a heaping ton of cash to see either Suicide Squad or Deadpool. The first simply looks like a complete hot mess and the second is one of the dumbest characters ever invented and who's popularity escapes me fully.  Fetishizing and celebrating anything created by Rob Liefeld us never a good thing.

No matter how much I may or may not despair over how good this may or may not be, you're  gonna need to pay me a heaping ton of cash to see either Suicide Squad or Deadpool. The first simply looks like a complete hot mess and the second is one of the dumbest characters ever invented and who's popularity escapes me fully.  Fetishizing and celebrating anything created by Rob Liefeld us never a good thing.

Which is a fair opinion, i'm sure many share that same opinion on those two movies. As much as i hate rob Liefeld, the worst comic artist of all time that still makes money, i absolutely love Deadpool and brings me back to my childish humor side. As for suicide squad, the trailer impressed me, it looked good and i'm really curious how DC will pull this off. 

At the very least Deadpool could be hilarious fun. They seem to have got that right.

batman vs superman however could be a total disaster. I happen to really like man of steel but there is something off about everything I've seen from the trailers here. Too dark, too much Cgi , too serious. That's what comes to mind here. Doesn't look like fun to watch at all. Like a chimp had watched the Nolan movies and tried to do the same thing.

This looks better than Suicide Squad, but that's not really saying much.

Have to disagree there JB ;) Suicide Squad looks a lot more interesting to me. Heck, Margot Robbie alone elevates Suicide Squade over Batfleck v. Henry Cavill. 

I get that people like what they like.... but I never got the appeal of DC.... I like Batman as much as any nerd.... but Superman --to me-- is boring as hell.... he's way too powerful.... and unless you can pull some Kryptonite out of your ass, he is unbeatable... there's no context writers can provide when their characters level cities when they fight... it might work in a comic book, but I don't think it can work in a live action universe...

the whole brand just seems disjointed.... like the right hand not knowing what the left is doing... is Ben Affleck the same batman that Christian Bale was?.... was Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern part of this narrative?.... will they change from movie to movie?... I know that the movies and TV are totally separate....  which is stupid IMO.... but their disorganization seems to run deeper

Archived