Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

As someone who defines Lex Luthor as Gene Hackman (like 99.9% of the people who will see this movie), Zuckerberg's portrayal of Lex didn't bother me.  Combined with the other viral marketing they've been doing that casts this Lex as a tech billionaire, I think it could be a fresh approach.

I liked everything about it and the conversation between Clark and Bruce was great.

I do worry about pacing.  I figure we get the Bats v Supes fight that comes to a semi resolution in the second act and then Lex hurriedly brings out Doomsday for the third act.

And... Some of our issues with Man of Steel have been resolved with the allusions to Superman rescuing kittens and such.  Sounds like he's now doing superhero stuff and not just putting 18 wheelers into telephone wires.  

Anybody get the feeling that this trailer was put together solely for the purpose of courting those who aren't big on this movie anyway ? The humour, the explicitly pointing out that the heroes are eventually going to team up ; all of this seems calculated to counter charges against DC movies

+ Affleck looks like the best part of this movie. 

+ Eisenberg seems ok. I'm interested in whether he's really the hyper weirdo he seems or if it's just a front, because this guy doesn't seem at all like the guy in the trailer.

- It gave away so much. Only thing I'm wondering about now is what happens to Luthor. 

Take a closer look at around 2:19, when Lex says "The Devil will do it!". In the background it is Bizarro ! Also when Superman kneels before him in the previous trailer, i bet it's in fact Bizarro also. That's the twist.

What makes you think it's Bizarro and not just Superman? The pale skin?

Anybody get the feeling that this trailer was put together solely for the purpose of courting those who aren't big on this movie anyway ? The humour, the explicitly pointing out that the heroes are eventually going to team up ; all of this seems calculated to counter charges against DC movies

Well that's what most trailers do. The people who go to these types of film, were pretty much guaranteed to be going anyway, it's those who might not who need to be convinced.

I look at Eisenberg's Luthor and wonder where they found the left over wigs Jim Carrey wore as the Riddler...I'm not digging the seemingly manic, wild eyed lunatic thing, again, done already by Carrey as the Riddler...

If that is Bizzaro, then perhaps the plan in is to unleash Doomsday and have a Superman of his own to save the day for Luthor and the plan doesn't work, so that's what brings Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman together?  You know, because that kind of plan worked well for Syndrome...

I've never been anti Affleck as Batman.  I'm just not certain that the creators are putting together a coherent universe...

Normally I'd be saying this trailer shows way too much, but it's pretty much what everyone has predicted anyway. Looks good, but, as someone said earlier, so did Man of Steel.

Also Batman looks like he's holding a gun in that last shot. What's with that?

There's a failry detailed plot synopsis out there which lines up very well with this trailer. The way it reads seems fairly well paced and inclusive of the various characters but we'll see how that translates to screen.

The gun appears to be based on some anti-Kryptonian technology that Batman (at first) uses to level the playing field against Superman

+ Affleck looks like the best part of this movie. 

+ Eisenberg seems ok. I'm interested in whether he's really the hyper weirdo he seems or if it's just a front, because this guy doesn't seem at all like the guy in the trailer.

- It gave away so much. Only thing I'm wondering about now is what happens to Luthor. 

What makes you think it's Bizarro and not just Superman? The pale skin?

Why would Superman stay in Lex's background while he implies a "Devil is needed" to take Superman down ? 

Didn't see em, but that sounds kind of like Apokolips shock troops...:D 

Look in the sky in the part where Batman is wearing a duster and fighting men in the desert. One of them actually flies in front of Batman, but it's really quick. 

Doomsday looks disappointingly like Abomination from the Hulk movie. And I'm sad that we lost his backstory and also his entrance of busting his way out of that tank and all that.

Other than that it looks good, though the trailer gives away waaaaaaaaaay too much, including what should have been money shots saved for the movie itself.

On where they're fighting- I suspect it's the rebuilt-but-not-yet-repopulated parts of Metropolis from the first one. I can't see either one allowing a fight on that destructive scale go on anywhere else.

The trailer did reveal a bit too much. But methinks the movie may end up being good. For the very first time since Affleck was cast, I am hopeful.

Affleck sold me with his delivery. I've never had a problem with him, and he was really good in the Town and Gone Girl. But he has that aged, weathered look down pat now. Someone upthread mentioned he looked bloated but that seemed like irrational hate. He looks solid as hell.

I was not sold on Luthor before, but JE is sort of selling me on it now. I mean, Luthor is a bit of a joke villain in any case, as is Doomsday to be honest.

It looks good. My only concern is that Synder is going to have a 45 minute battle sequence at the end with a million people dying...again. It was the only part of Man of Steel that I didn't like. I don't think he's a bad director, but I have the feeling that he rubs one out all of the time to Michael Bay and lets that bleed out into his movies. I think he needs to calm down on the city leveling shit.

I've gone from zero interest to very little interest; which is more than I expected. Looks like way too much plot is going on and I'm real tired of superhero movies anyway, but Eisenberg and Affleck both looked good in their parts.

I want to like this movie... I'm not sure if I will... Although I do think that not being much of a DC fan will help,,, I won't be burdened with expectations from source material... and I'll be able to just watch it on its own merits...

Whereas Civil War is something I'm really familiar with... So I'll probably be annoyed at stupid things...lol

Archived