Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, 666

JonCon's Red Beard

Kingsguard is the worst job ever!

It's like night watch with better life (i don't know if i can called it "better")

What their real job description anyway?

Protect your king until you die

Hold no land

Father no children (?)

Take celibacy (I don't know what this is mean)

At least in night watch's vow they only say : "take no wife" sooo this is mean you can slept with any woman you want as long as you don't married with one you still keep your oath, right??? 

When the Kingsguard was first created after the conquest, Visenya Targaryen modelled the Kingsguard vows on those of the Night's Watch, which is why they sound so alike.  I suppose there is an argument that the Kingsguard essentially do the same job as the Watch, though instead of protecting the realm, they protect the royal family. Certainly the Kingsguard get to travel a lot more that the majority of the Night's Watch and spending their time in the south, it is probably a lot warmer where they are!

Take celibacy (I don't know what this is mean)

At least in night watch's vow they only say : "take no wife" sooo this is mean you can slept with any woman you want as long as you don't married with one you still keep your oath, right??? 

I think that last one is a loophole. The high officers say nothing because it's better to keep the men "happy" than face a rebellion and avoid aggressions between each other.

Confession: I really enjoy reading the threads about why character X married character Y or who would be a good match for N. Or discussions of Targaryen marriages, those are always fun. It's like celebrity gossip, but without real people, so it's less creepy.

Confession: I really enjoy reading the threads about why character X married character Y or who would be a good match for N. Or discussions of Targaryen marriages, those are always fun. It's like celebrity gossip, but without real people, so it's less creepy.

Me too! 

I like it to an extent.  Not for the idea of romance in itself, but for the possible political and/or plot repercussions.  For example, I sorta ship (I guess you could call it that) Aurane Waters with Asha Greyjoy or Wylla Manderly, just for the awesome naval power (and potential awesome battles at sea) that might incur.

I think that last one is a loophole. The high officers say nothing because it's better to keep the men "happy" than face a rebellion and avoid aggressions between each other.

I dont think KG are required to be celibate, just encouraged. Ariannas uncle or something, had a paramount. 

I like the bloodriders. I don't think they're discouraged from having a family, just that the ruler is blood of your blood and more important then life itself. And there's no worry of him getting old and bad at fighting, because he dies with the khal

I like it to an extent.  Not for the idea of romance in itself, but for the possible political and/or plot repercussions.  For example, I sorta ship (I guess you could call it that) Aurane Waters with Asha Greyjoy or Wylla Manderly, just for the awesome naval power (and potential awesome battles at sea) that might incur.

I thought I was alone in the Aurasha ship (yeah, that's what I'm calling it). I wouldn't wish a low key scumbag like Aurane on poor Wylla, though

Somebody suggested the idea of Jon warging into Wun Wun at his betrayal (It was a joke), but now I can't get the mental image of Jon Wun stomping off to Winterfell with the pink letter clutched in one massive hand and simply stepping on Ramsey out of my head. Makes me smile every time.

LMAO !:lmao:

Well I really want Stannis to win the throne and hope the dragons to die !

I confess i have imagined and utterly knarly way Jon should kill Ramsey Bolton and that i want GRRM to pull off something like that. I mean i'm to the point i'm sending messages via telepathy to George on that one .l want Jon to eff Ramsey up sooooo bad 20 years later when people talk about a pretty messed up way to die they think about that. It should be so bad a terminology will arise to rival getting "bobafetted." Argh i hate that guy.

I must admit I think Lysa actually saved her son's life by murdering Jon. Her mama boy would have never survived with Stannis, especially without this soothing milk she still gave him.

I must also admit that said mama boy is one of the characters I dislike most, despite knowing that it's her fault for turning him into what he is.

My friends are dumb assholes.I borrowed my books to them and their textual interpretation are horrendous:

-He thinks that Stannis only went North to take Gilly's child and burn it.

-His argument that Stannis is a bad commander is that he drove his ships onto the Wildfire. 

-He hates Brienne a lot because her chapters are boring.

-He never noticed that Renly was gay until i said it to him.

-...Which made him hate Renly.Yes, just because he was gay.

And my other friend is even worse, he is still at the beginnig of the first book, but this is how he interpreted Lyanna/Rhaegar/RR.

-He thinks Rhaegar and Aerys are the same person.

-...And that Aerys burned Lyanna.

-...And that Elia died in the ToJ.

Sadly, they don't seem to be kidding or anything of the sort.My second friend had watched the show before, and the first started to watch the show when he was in the 3rd book.So, can someone help me about their state of mind?Do you think it has something to do with the show or are they just empty heads by nature? I'm not kidding or anything, this is serious.

How old are your friends? :lol:

Well, the first is a 17 and the other is 16.Nothing wrong with the age, i suppose.

You need better friends :lol:

Out of the four i have, one doesn't even know about the existence of ASOIAF neither cares about the show, the other is a show fanboy, and the other two are those brainless anomalies.It seems you're right. :( 

Archived