Supergirl TV show: anticipation or wary?

BlackBethaRidesAgain

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

I really enjoyed the first season of the Flash and most of this season, but the last few episodes I've gone from lifting an eyebrow to deadpan staring at the screen like "WUT?"  But they might be able to pull it together.  You never know.

I watched a trailer for LoT... looks pretty bad :(

SG has aspects that are cringeworthy as well, but for light, mildly entertaining superhero stuff it isn't unwatchable.  Compare anything on network TV to Jessie Jones though, for example, and there is no contest for me.

Agreed. JJ/DD are better than any of the network superhero shows I watch. I'm looking forward to Iron Fist as well, not so much the Luke Cage spinoff though.

So I just saw that Supergirl is moving to the CW. I guess that means a lot more cross over in future seasons. Though hopefully it's Flash/Arrow going to Earth 3, because Supergirl would be a bit OP in Earth 1. I mean she could probably deal with Zoom without having to have a psychotherapy session about her mummy issues with the yellow rays of the sun.

11 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

While I've decided to give up all these shows, I would consider watching a Justice League type show with all these characters, just because it might, hopefully, reduce the number of useless characters, reduce unnecessary drama surrounding some characters, and most importantly I would watch only one show instead of four. But I don't think I would want any character from Legends of Tomorrow, except maybe Sara.

The characters I would choose:

• from The Flash - Barry only if Wally or Jesse turn out to be just as bad superheroes as he is; and Cisco
  • from Arrow - Oliver; Diggle, but only if they turn him in the Green Lantern
  • from Supergirl - Kara, the Martian Manhunter
  • from LoT - Sara, but with some worthier weapons, not those crap sticks.  

The CW writers can't handle casts of more than 3 so unless the Justice LEague is Barry, Arrow and Supergirl there's not much point.

The fact the shows are going to cross over more makes it easier for me to ditch Arrow as the last thing i need is to be told I have to watch one type of show 4 nights in a row.

Despite my negativity it's a good thing Supergirl is part of the fold as if that's the way CW wants to take the franchises it may as well dive staraight in. It works for the comic books but that's why I don't follow Marvel/DC anymore. There's a big difference between films crossing over twice a year and the netflix model which separates each show. CW is pretty much the DC channel every evening. Great if you like that kind of thing though.

I guess at thins stage I'm likely to keep watching SG and I'll catch those crossovers. Not entirely sure what I'm gonna do about Flash. maybe I'll just hope the DCU does a better job with The Flash when they bring him into the Justice League movies.

• 4 weeks later...

I went looking for who he was in Road to Perdition, he was the kid. That gives me absolutely no indication of how he'll be as Superman. I hope Superman's involvement is kept minimal, Supergirl did very well without him, no need to change things up too much.

I worry this will go the way of the other two CW shows, that struggle to balance large casts. The Alex/Hank/Kara core with fringe support worked well for me. I hope they are cautious in making changes.

And for godsake keep it positive, that was what I really enjoyed the most.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Hoping he's not brought in too much, I liked having him on the periphery.

I'd agree with that, I think it was starting to get a bit absurd having him mentioned so often but never quite appearing fully on-screen so I think they had to include him, but if he's included too much he's going to overshadow the show's own hero.

On 7/28/2016 at 4:15 PM, The BlackBear said:

I'm not keen. He just looks off to me, too slim a face maybe? The whole blue suit thing too just looks odd, needs breaking up. Hoping he's not brought in too much, I liked having him on the periphery.

Yeah, the faces in that pic are both horribly photoshopped. Also, his suit is off. The boots and neckline are awful. And would it freakin' kill them to put the trademark curl back in Superman's hairdo? C'mon, man!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived