Football Thread No. WhoCares - Let's keep the conversation going

baxus

So what's the consensus on Firmino so far? I haven't been paying too much attention, but so far this season he hasn't really impressed me too much- he's tidy enough and works hard, but for someone signed to be a centerpiece attacker there's very little creativity or flair, it seems.

Well 2:0 horrible. Let's hope that Coutinho will be fit, because without him it's horrendous. Congrats to Newcastle, they desërved this victory.

According to Neil Ashton Abramovich is still fully backing Mourinho. I mean they learned their lesson with constant change of managers. Refreshing to see that, but Mourinho is totally lost there. When they lost to Bournemouth...well that was a embarassment of the highest level. If they go out of Champions League. It could be fun for them. They would be lucky to get into top 6 or even manage to do something in UCL or FA Cup.

Well fought by Newcastle. I knew they would when everyone started saying we would thrash them. The newspapers did McLaren's job for him. They earned a draw and got a win with some luck (og and an offside).

The Moreno offside stole a point from us but the bigger issue is that we still have changes to the front line every week because of injuries and fatigue. Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge, and perhaps Lallana, would have created a lot more.

Ibe's pace is a big threat but his decision making and final ball often disappoint, but he's definitely improving. Benteke and Milner are not in the flow of the team yet and Clyne is horrible in attacking possession (but defending well and making good decisions on when to attack). Firmino only looks good with Coutinho and maybe Lallana.

wow. what a game. newcastle fought and fought. the two players who had the most criticism after recent results have been colo and sissoko. both of them played their hearts out. i want that from them each and every week. 

this match made me think perhaps we are not a club that will be relegated. but, there is a lot more football to play.

domestically heading downtown later to watch the mls cup final with the dc mates. i still have a soft spot for portland timbers having seen them play so many times and having them as my first hometown team. obviously i will be pulling for them to take the title.

Winning four games in a row, thrashing City and Southampton in the process and then lose to a team that's very much deserved its spot in the relegation zone... It is so Liverpool it's no surprise a few boarders saw it coming.

Archived