This Watch, Watched, and Watching Thread? I like it. ANOTHER

AndyBaelish

I watched American Beauty this afternoon. Pretty different from what I expected (the message and other storylines), but I thought it was great. Excellent acting throughout.

I watched that years ago. There are some great jokes in there.

ETA: And how could I forget to say that I watched The Force Awakens and loved it?

Love American Beauty. It's one of my favorite films. It's still hard to believe the guy who wrote it (Alan Ball), and did Six Feet Under, could go on to do something as terrible as True Blood. 

Love American Beauty. It's one of my favorite films. It's still hard to believe the guy who wrote it (Alan Ball), and did Six Feet Under, could go on to do something as terrible as True Blood. 

I loved it too. I haven't seen anything else by Ball though. He did right by this story at least.

I recorded this last night :P

I just love it so much, I can practically say the lines along with it. "You paint my ass I paint yours." :lol: 

Hateful 8 is out in cinema already!?!? 

I think it comes out January here. Although I think there was a premiere on in London a couple of weeks back. At least, I was walking through Leicester Square, there was some premiere on, and there seemed a lots of Hateful 8 posters, so I assumed it was that...

I'm hooked on the History Channels Tuesday night lineup of The Curse of Oak Island and Hunting Hitler. My curiosity with the possibilities of each keep me tuning in weekly.

I recently read that someone found a roman sword on Oak Island while fishing or something. It was a while ago and the sword was passed down after the original finder had died and someone finally went public about it. I don't know how true the story was, but that would be pretty cool.

Has anyone seen the London Spy miniseries? Im like halfway through the first episode and I really like Ben Whishaw, but is this not actually about spies like I thought it was? I knew nothing about it other than the name and that Ben was in it when I started and was expecting some Spooks/MI-5 type stuff, but it doesn't look that way yet.

Normally I dont like science fiction that much but I totally adore Robert Carlyle. So I started to watch Stargate Universe. I might get angry at television makers but normally I do not get really emotional. The only series until now was actually Downton Abbey 

when Sybil died

But Stargate Universe broke my heart already two times. 

I have watched the final season of Justified. First half of the season was pretty slow but it picked up a lot of steam and ended up great. Although it didn't quite reach the heights of seasons two and four.

- I gotta say I was a little disappointed that Boyd didn't get killed, because by the end he really deserved it.

- I loved the showdown between Raylan and Boon. Very appropriate.

- Mikey's death was the best scene of the season.

Sam Elliot looks weird without a moustache.   

I just rewatched Blade. I have to say, I think it has been quite a while sine I last saw it and man it's better than I remembered. Some of the effects are horribly outdated, but overall this film is really good. It's a very good actionflick almost all the way through (final face-off a bit less so) and Wesley Snipe hands out some of the most convincing asswoopings ever. You just totally buy him fucking all those people up. I'd have no problem putting it up there as one of the best superhero films (admittedly not a genre with a lot of competition), alongside The Dark Knight and Unbreakable. 

Archived