MMA & Boxing 17: And NEW

Gears of the Beast

I don't think people realise how long it takes to add muscle mass naturally. For an athlete already at the top of his sport? 5-10lbs would take like a year of focus on lifting. He's no heavier than he is before he cuts to fight at FW

2 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I also liked the youtube comment that this time Conor's mind games might not work, because Nate may not have a mind.

Meh that's pretty low effort. I saw one that was something like "Nate having the attention span of an insect might actually be an advantage for him here", now that's a good youtube comment. 

I like that one as well :)

I see one of two things happening. Scenario 1 has Conor exposing the defensive holes in Nate's game and knocking him out. Scenario 2 has this being a much more competitive game that last all rounds and goes to Conor on a decision.

25 minutes ago, Ken Stone said:

I'm really enjoying Nate. "This is America. No one knows what a Gazelle is".

The best was when Conor mocked his training partners and he was like "you're playing touch butt in the park with the goofball with the ponytail and I don't have any training partners?" Even got a laugh from Dana and Holly.

And, let's face it, this does look goofy. Especially given Ido Portal's look.

I don't think it's that he's stupid so much as he has no fucks to give about McGregor's shit.

Without much background knowledge, just going off what you guys have posted here, this Diaz dude does come across as developmentally challenged.

The night has been kind of underwhelming so far, in my opinion. This is the first time I've watched one of these things live, and I just hope Mcgregor makes it worth it.  

The fights up to this one have been snooze fests (I was reading on my Kindle) but Meisha and Holly's fight was great. No way Holly wasn't winning that if it went to the cards, but Meisha got the clutch take down after being stuffed so many times, got it.

Give Holly some more experience learning ground defence and she's going to be really hard to deal with.

Edit: And I think ol'Connor is in for a bit of a surprise with Nate.

3 minutes ago, Gears of the Beast said:

The thing to actually be annoyed about is that a non-title fight is headlining over a title fight. 

Oh I thought this was for the title. That is dumb. 

Archived