Most anticipated TWoW Storylines?

Ruhail

I'm oddly excited for Sam's storyline, and learning more about Oldtown.

The Wall, and whoever GRRM gets to scout out the Lands of Always Winter

I've always had a certain sympathy for Davos, and would like to see what becomes of him.

Arya.

Brienne, Ceresi and Jamie to a lesser extent seem to drag on to various degrees. Hope they change up a bit

It has to be the battle of Meereen and its aftermath. So many different important characters gathered in one space, Tyrion, Barristan, Victarion, Daario, Jorah, Moqorro, Marywn, Brown Ben Plumm, the Tattered Prince, Hizdahr, Rhaegal and Viserion. Its going to be amazing seeing who survives the bloodbath that I believe all these characters and their respective armies will cause. 

Close behind Meereen is the battle of Ice as the whole future of the North hinges on that battle and who survives it.

Mine in the order of anticipation:

Battle of Fire.

Dany and Dothraki.

The riverlands plot.

KL trials.

Battle of Ice.

Sam,Euron, Oldtown.

Aegon, Arianne and Dorne.

Sansa and the vale.

I don't care about Jon, not really interested in Darkstar, Arya bores me to tears and we won't see more of Bran.

• 2 months later...
On 18 lutego 2016 at 5:22 PM, dariopatke said:

You mean the one where Randyl beheads Sam for oathbreaking?

I don't think he does, he seems to be a principle zealot only when it's convenient to him.

Mine:

- Jaime, Brienne, LSH (yeah, not to original with this one)

- the Riverland plot

- Sansa hopefully doing something by herself and not only observing LF

- Cersei's violent rampage. The KL plot in itself not so much, after Kevan's death it feels like there is nobody sane left.

- The North Remembers

- Bran the ceiling cat

- direwolves, cannibals, unicorns

- the Gravedigger :P

I don't really care about:

- Essos (let's it sink back to the ocean, sorry Tyrion)

- fAegon (we haven't seen that many Targs and I already see them as the most tedious House)

- the resurrection of the boy prettier than half of Craster's daughters (probably the show's hype did it to me)

- the Ironborn

I would be interested in Doran's plans or in Sam's story, but Martin's pace with those is even worse than the rest of his books' average.

Jon's revival. More than anything else. I hope he will owe nothing to Melisandre.
Moqorro and Euron dealing with Daenerys' dragons.
Cersei's affairs in KL, maybe her death at last.
The White Walkers finally kicking asses in the South.
The end of the Mummer's show in the North, and the return of the Starks, by Rickon.
Aegon conquest of Westeros, and clashing at some point (maybe next book) with Daenerys.

Jaime/Brienne/Lady Stoneheart - What happens next?

Arya - Where does she go, what does she do, and why?

Sansa - How does she take down LF and what happens next?

The North in general:

-  Jon, his revival/resurrection, and the invasion of the Others.

-  Stannis and the battle for WF

-  Bran and the CotF

- Davos and his (likely) trip to the far North

Some interest in:  Sam and the Citadel; KL/Cersei/Margaery

No interest:  Essos/Daenerys/Tyrion - until they get to Westeros, I don't care;  Aegon/JonCon/Martells - sideshow, yawn.

On 2/18/2016 at 9:22 AM, dariopatke said:

You mean the one where Randyl beheads Sam for oathbreaking?

Sam is at the Citadel on direct orders from the LC and has the paperwork to prove it.  

And if he helps defend Oldtown from the Greyjoys, he is defending where he lives from pirates and raiders (sort of like defending the North from pirates and raiders, aka Wildlings)

I see no oathbreaking here.

My most anticipated storyline is definitely Sam in Oldtown. The teases of a maester conspiracy/larger role in things in both Feast and Dance were intriguing, not to mention that Sam could be finding out first hand about all of the discrepencies in the history of Westeros mentioned during both of those books. Plus we have everything that Marwyn's group is up to, what Jaqen is doing in Oldtown, and Sarella Sand. I'm really looking forward to that one a lot.

I'm also really excited to see what happens next for Sansa. It's been a long time since her last chapter, and there seems to be a lot of potential there. I want to see how her growth continues, and her eventually taking Littlefinger down.

Davos going to Skagos and looking for Rickon and Osha should be great fun, too. Really, I'm interested in just about every storyline, but these are the ones that I'm most eager to see right now.

The Battle of Ice and the Battle of Fire are the two events I'm the most looking forward to.

I'm also intrigued about what Aeron is up to, and I want to see what happens in King's Landing as well.

On 2/14/2016 at 0:12 PM, Hangover of the Morning said:

Somewhat in this order:

1. Jaime/Brienne/LSH, though I am starting to strongly suspect that Jaime won't make it back alive so more dreading it than looking forward to it. 

<snip>

I feel exactly the same way.

- All the Stark and Snow stories, and the Wall, wildings, Others, and Davos with them. (If I had to prioritize - Jon's and Bran's would come first).

- The Battle of Winterfell.

- I don't know how interested I am in the endgame, but a few more chapters of Cersei the Loon should be fun.

Archived