Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

"Sansa now is a force to be reckoned with", and that was used for s 5 and is being used again for s 6. If they keep using that line it will eventually become true, right around s 13 when Sansa will channel her inner Xena and kill everyone, and ride a dragon into the sunset with LF. 

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Can we just take the time to congratulate D&D for under stranding rape so well that they have a victim obsessed with going back to the place they were raped. Congratulations guys clearly understand the implications of what you are doing

Even Sansa wants to learn all about Myranda's backstory.   /:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Can we just take the time to congratulate D&D for under stranding rape so well that they have a victim obsessed with going back to the place they were raped. Congratulations guys clearly understand the implications of what you are doing

That makes zero sense. Actually giving her some down time to recover from severe trauma they inflicted on her? No way. Charging into battle to return to the place they made hell on earth? Way.

And this "family" thing - that's not anyone else's main goal. The other siblings have lives of their own. Friends/loves of their own. Interests of their own. They aren't living for Fansa. But Fansa is living for them.

Also rape isn't actually an empowering experience. Fansa was a teenage virgin, already traumatized at the hands of family killers, the show took everything away, but she was already empty and alone. This is far from realism. For contrast:

“When people have experienced trauma, or when they’re going through PTSD, it doesn’t just affect that person, it affects their relationships and the people around them,” explains Caitriona Balfe, the actress who brings Claire to life... Claire’s sadness and Jamie’s alienation are one way in which Outlander addresses the long, ugly repercussions of rape. (As many will surely point out, this stands in stark contrast to shows like Game of Thrones, which loves to depict the act onscreen yet remains reluctant to work through the consequences.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/09/outlander-s2-how-caitriona-balfe-fought-for-jamie-and-claire-s-most-important-sex-scene-yet.html

OT: Some guy they arrested yesterday confessed he was the third terrorist of the attack at Brussels airport. I think I am not going to party already because a week after they arrested Salah the attacks at Zaventem and Brussels happened. 

I read a few more interviews with Turner. It seems to me she really doesn't get Sansa's book story. She wants Sansa to end up with Jaime Lannister, and never once mentions the Hound. 

And it's coming, SanSan. I wonder if she'll be surprised. 

@Tijgy, here's to all being arrested soon, and thrown in jail for good. 

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

That's going to be the worst. I wonder if Wamsay will cry...

It will be so heart wrenching to hear him snuffle out tears while telling fSansa all about him raping Myranda for the very first time.  Such drama and pathos, I'm crying now myself!   

Ok, not.   :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I read a few more interviews with Turner. It seems to me she really doesn't get Sansa's book story. She wants Sansa to end up with Jaime Lannister, and never once mentions the Hound.

Oh, I am going to enjoy when she has to talk that up. :lol: And it's going to happen, they set it up every which way to Sunday. They even had Ramsay set it up last season with beauty and beast hints. Which shows how bad they are at this writing thing, but we knew that...

There are so many things they didn't have to do, if not for telling that story. My guess is the next point will be when she hears about him, that has to happen sooner or later. She runs into Brienne again, at some point, the other shoe has to drop, what she knows.

I bet the reason for Ramsay not hunting Sansa and Theon himself is that he either doesn't realise they're gone (despite implying he was going straight to rape her again by saying "my wife must be lonely" at the end of last season) until they're too far away, or he'll be too upset over Myranda's death. We saw a photo of him looking sad, bet he organises a funeral for her.

A funeral for the Kennel Master's daughter. 

https://i.imgflip.com/128fxp.jpg

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, I am going to enjoy when she has to talk that up. :lol: And it's going to happen, they set it up every which way to Sunday. They even had Ramsay set  it up last season with beauty and beast hints. Which shows how bad they are at this writing thing, but we knew that...

There are so many things they didn't have to do, if not for telling that story. My guess is the next point will be when she hears about him, that has to happen sooner or later. She runs into Brienne again, at some point, the other shoe has to drop, what she knows.

Yeah, it will be a thing of [beastly] beauty! :lol:

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

My greatest concert at the moment there was yesterday an article that the authorities were still looking after backpack full with explosives which apparently still lies somewhere in Brussels :dunno:. But yeah, how more of those bastards behind bars the better. 

Am i the only one who is losing interest in the show? I mean it started alright nothing really too dark or anything that unusual i'm used to more darker shows and for an american TV it was good.  Now so many seasons later i just think it lived it's life.  It seems staled somehow like it offers nothing really new...  

ps: Writing am i the only in a rant topic.

ps2:  Still gonna pirate it :D

1 hour ago, dreem24 said:

Am i the only one who is losing interest in the show? I mean it started alright nothing really too dark or anything that unusual i'm used to more darker shows and for an american TV it was good.  Now so many seasons later i just think it lived it's life.  It seems staled somehow like it offers nothing really new...  

ps: Writing am i the only in a rant topic.

ps2:  Still gonna pirate it :D

I'll keep you company

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I read a few more interviews with Turner. It seems to me she really doesn't get Sansa's book story. She wants Sansa to end up with Jaime Lannister, and never once mentions the Hound. 

I feel like Sophie is sort of aware of SanSan, but she's just not personally interested in it. In 2013 she said that she doesn't ship it romantically, but she thinks it's a beautiful relationship. And she's had a crush on Nikolaj since like the first (?) season. 

Still not over her thinking that Jaime was going to be her new love interest. That truly tickled me :lol: 

Archived