Rank your 2016 TV shows throughout the year

Corvinus85

These four shows I watched live, GOT and WW were my favorite regular tv/cable shows this year.

Game of Thrones, watch it on DVR next day also. Westworld, The Walking Dead, The Night Of

These all I like and make a point to watch, plus my favorite binging shows from Netflix so far

Stranger Things, binged over 2 day span, The Leftovers, Sense8, currently binging on this, Mr Robot, Better call Saul, Big Bang Theory, Silicon Valley

Next level shows

Designated Survivor, Vikings, Preacher, Daredevil, House of Cards, took a dive IMO last season

Most of these I watch whenever and if I had no DVR, I likely wouldn't watch them

Jessica Jones, Shades of Blue, Marco Polo, realized I still haven't seen S2, and not entirely eager to, Blindspot, needs to wrap up, Quantico, needs to wrap up, Bull, Kevin can wait, Scorpion, Timeless, Ballers, Fear the Walking Dead, Lethal Weapon, MacGyver, Into the Badlands, Vinyl, Narcos, watched 4 episodes and never went back to it

So I decided I'm just going to do a Top 10 because I watch entirely too much TV to do much else. Here's what I've got:

Dramas:

1. Better Call Saul

2. Westworld

3. Black Sails

4. The Night Of

5. Stranger Things

6. Game of Thrones

7. Orange is the New Black

8. Mr. Robot

9. The Path

10. Peaky Blinders

Comedies:

1. Baskets

2. Atlanta

3. Bojack Horseman

4. Broad City

5. Lady Dynamite

6. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

7. Silicon Valley

8. It's Always Sunny

9. Veep

10. Archer

Honorable mention: Harmonquest and Take My Wife. Seeso has some surprisingly decent offerings

1. The Americans Season 4
  2. Daredevil Season 2
  3. The Night Manager
  4. Game of Thrones Season 6
  5. 3% Season 1
  6. Orange is the New Black Season 4
  7. Sense8 - Christmas Special
  8. The Crown Season 1
  9. Luke Cage Season 1
  10. Outlander Season 2
  11. Marco Polo Season 2
  12. The Expanse Season 1
  13. Sherlock: The Abominable Bride
  14. House of Cards Season 4
  15. War and Peace
  16. The Big Bang Theory Season 9
  17. The Great British Bake Off
    1. Season 7
    2. Season 6
    3. Season 3
    4. Season 5
    5. Season 2
    6. Season 4
    7. Season 1
  18. The Good Wife Season 7
  19. Agent Carter Season 2
  20. Limitless Season 1
  21. Gilmore Girls: A Year in Life
  22. Code Black Season 1
  23. Lucifer Season 1
  24. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Season 3
  25. Vikings Season 4
  26. Grey's anatomy Season 12
  27. Quantico Season 1
  28. Scorpion Season 2
  29. Scandal Season 5
  30. Conviction Season 1
  31. Arrow Season 4
  32. The Flash Season 2
  33. DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1
  34. The Shannara Chronicles Season 1

OK, just to separate comment from the list. It is easier that way :D

First, still have to finish Westworld, The Young Pope and watch The OA and Stranger Things. And then we can move to 2017 :D

@HelenaExMachina, dear, it was amazing... I loved it. I loved almost as much as I loved DD and Sense8 (I rated it higher than CS of Sense8 because, as someone said, those felt more like the first two episodes of Season 2 than a Special). This is how dystopian programming should be done. "The Hunger Games"  could have used some of the notes from 3%. 

It is not perfect. There were some glaring plot holes and I didn't buy the change in Marco. Ideology is interesting and I find nepotism to be one of the greatest supporter of corrupt society. It was nice to see how they handled that :D

Spoiler

I am also not sure whether I will be able to get in. The cube test seems rather easy for me, the scene test was also no brainer. I can be starved, but I am not sure whether I would get out of the hallucinatory tunnel...

It should be noted that 3% is the first TV show on my list that is not in English. I like that... Spreading the views via Netflix

Ok, updating mine:

1. Travelers (Favorite Show of 2016!!!)
  2. Better Call Saul
  3. Stranger Things
  4. South Park
  5. Limitless (Come on Netflix season 2 PLEASE!!!)
  6. The Colony
  7. The OA
  8. Designated Survivor
  9. Code Black
  10. Last Man on Earth
  11. Fresh Of The Boat
  12. House Of Cards
  13. Love
  14. Master of None
  15. The Middle
  16. The Goldbergs
  17. Daredevil
  18. Speechless
  19. The Flash (but I'm behind) (I think I'm done)
  20. Supergirl

Plan on Watching New Seasons Of:

1. Young Justice
  2. Fargo
  3. Humans
  4. Silicon Valley (Season 3 was shit, but I'm still going to go ahead and watch season 4)
  5. The Leftovers
  6. Sense8
  7. Orange is the New Black
  8. Game of Thrones
  9. Fear The Walking Dead

(Still) Maybe plan on picking up/returning to (should I?):

1. The Americans (seen 2 seasons)
  2. Mr. Robot (seen 2 episodes)
  3. Orphan Black (seen almost 2 seasons)
  4. Gotham (a few episodes)
  5. Jessica Jones (2 episodes)
  6. Vikings (1 episode)
  7. Luke Cage
  8. Timeless
  9. Frequency

Last entry of the year. Not a great show. (and damn, almost made it 40). 

1. Westworld  S1
  2. Black Sails  S3
  3. Daredevil  S2
  4. Penny Dreadful  S3
  5. Stranger Things  S1
  6. Luke Cage  S1
  7. The Man in the High Castle  S2
  8. The Expanse  S1
  9. Star Wars Rebels  S2+S3
  10. Limitless  S1 (cancelled)
  11. Outlander  S2
  12. Marco Polo  S2 (cancelled)
  13. House of Cards  S4
  14. Grimm  S5
  15. Game of Thrones  S6
  16. Mr. Robot  S2
  17. The Blacklist  S3+S4
  18. Sherlock: The Abominable Bride
  19. South Park  S20
  20. Killjoys  S2
  21. Vikings  S4
  22. The Walking Dead  S6+S7
  23. Brooklyn 99  S3+S4???
  24. Agents of SHIELD  S3+S4
  25. Elementary  S4+S5
  26. Dark Matter  S2
  27. The Big Bang Theory  S9+S10
  28. Designated Survivor  S1
  29. Medici: Masters of Florence  S1
  30. Arrow  S4+S5
  31. Once Upon A Time  S5 (no longer watching)
  32. Agent Carter  S2 (cancelled)
  33. Supergirl  S1+S2
  34. Gotham  S2 (no longer watching)
  35. The Flash  S2+S3
  36. The Strain  S3 (probably no longer watching)
  37. Legends of Tomorrow  S1 (no longer watching)
  38. The Shannara Chronicles  S1 (no longer watching)
  39. Heroes Reborn (cancelled)

7 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

There is still time :D The Young Pope is only ten episodes ;) If you don't sleep, you can still make it!

7 minutes ago, Corvinus said:
  1. 40. The Shannara Chronicles  S1 (no longer watching)
  2. 39. Heroes Reborn (cancelled)

I probably already made this comment, but the fact that there was a show worse than The Shannara Chronicles out there is something that I find deeply disturbing. 

(Still) Maybe plan on picking up/returning to (should I?):

1. Mr. Robot (seen 2 episodes)

I saw the entire thing with the exception of the finale and it's not worth it I'd say. The fact that I still have no inclination whatsoever to go back and watch that finale probably says everything about how engaging that season was. 

5 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I probably already made this comment, but the fact that there was a show worse than The Shannara Chronicles out there is something that I find deeply disturbing. 

Your lack of faith is what is deeply disturbing. :P Sorry couldn't resist. I also think I've said it before, but for all its shitty stuff, Shannara at least had a simple, cohesive plot. Heroes Reborn couldn't even manage that. But watch it if you don't believe me.

Just now, Corvinus said:

Your lack of faith is what is deeply disturbing. :P Sorry couldn't resist. I also think I've said before, but for all its shitty stuff, Shannara at least had a simple, cohesive plot. Heroes Reborn couldn't even manage that. But watch it if you don't believe me.

Oh, I believe you all right. I wish I didn't, because that would make sleeping easier at night :P To exist in a world that produces shows that are even more terrible than The Shannara Chronicles is frankly not what I signed up for ;) 

• The Americans season 4
  • Planet Earth 2
  • Jessica Jones
  • Westworld
  • The Expanse
  • Daredevil Season 2
  • Games of Thrones season 6
  • Luke Cage
  • Humans season 2 (still need to watch the last few episodes)
  • Agent Carter Season 2
  • Limitless
  • Agents of SHIELD season 3
  • Supergirl
  • The Musketeers
  • Sherlock : The Abominable Bride
  • The 100 Season 3 (stalled halfway through)
  • The Blacklist Season 3 (not sure if I'll ever get round to season 4)
  • Quantico
  • The Shannara Chronicles

Also watched Person of Interest, Arrow, Flash, Continuum, Defiance, Brooklyn 99 but those were older episodes not broadcast in 2016.

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Oh, I believe you all right. I wish I didn't, because that would make sleeping easier at night :P To exist in a world that produces shows that are even more terrible than The Shannara Chronicles is frankly not what I signed up for ;) 

Well, it is also a world where Trump is the President of USA so deal with it :D

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

This one I left for the last days of the year, along with some other TV shows... Watched the first episode... Not impressed, like really not impressed.

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

1. Westworld  S1
  2. Black Sails  S3
  3. Daredevil  S2
  4. Penny Dreadful  S3
  5. Stranger Things  S1
  6. Luke Cage  S1
  7. The Man in the High Castle  S2
  8. The Expanse  S1
  9. Star Wars Rebels  S2+S3
  10. Limitless  S1 (cancelled)
  11. Outlander  S2
  12. Marco Polo  S2 (cancelled)
  13. House of Cards  S4
  14. Grimm  S5
  15. Game of Thrones  S6
  16. Mr. Robot  S2
  17. The Blacklist  S3+S4
  18. Sherlock: The Abominable Bride
  19. South Park  S20
  20. Killjoys  S2
  21. Vikings  S4
  22. The Walking Dead  S6+S7
  23. Brooklyn 99  S3+S4???
  24. Agents of SHIELD  S3+S4
  25. Elementary  S4+S5
  26. Dark Matter  S2
  27. The Big Bang Theory  S9+S10
  28. Designated Survivor  S1
  30. Arrow  S4+S5
  31. Once Upon A Time  S5 (no longer watching)
  32. Agent Carter  S2 (cancelled)
  33. Supergirl  S1+S2
  34. Gotham  S2 (no longer watching)
  35. The Flash  S2+S3
  36. The Strain  S3 (probably no longer watching)
  37. Legends of Tomorrow  S1 (no longer watching)
  38. The Shannara Chronicles  S1 (no longer watching)
  39. Heroes Reborn (cancelled)

It's extraordinary you've managed to find 10 shows to rate below "Medici" in one year. I would've thought such a feat would take a decade.

11 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

It's extraordinary you've managed to find 10 shows to rate below "Medici" in one year. I would've thought such a feat would take a decade.

To be honest, it gets difficult to rank so many shows. Besides the dregs that are the very bottom, Medici and the ones just below it can be put on the same pedestal.

52 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

To be honest, it gets difficult to rank so many shows. Besides the dregs that are the very bottom, Medici and the ones just below it can be put on the same pedestal.

I just saw that you put Agent Carter BELOW Arrow... And I thought you have any taste :D 

6 minutes ago, Risto said:

I just saw that you put Agent Carter BELOW Arrow... And I thought you have any taste :D 

I thought season 2 of Carter was much weaker than season 1 and Arrow and its sister shows are basically guilty pleasures. (except Legends which is too shitty to continue with). Also no one has ever accused me of having good taste. ;)

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I thought season 2 of Carter was much weaker than season 1 and Arrow and its sister shows are basically guilty pleasures. (except Legends which is too shitty to continue with). Also no one has ever accused me of having good taste. ;)

Well, you did put both Westworld and Daredevil in front of Game of Thrones :D That is enough... 

21 hours ago, Risto said:

OK, just to separate comment from the list. It is easier that way :D

First, still have to finish Westworld, The Young Pope and watch The OA and Stranger Things. And then we can move to 2017 :D

@HelenaExMachina, dear, it was amazing... I loved it. I loved almost as much as I loved DD and Sense8 (I rated it higher than CS of Sense8 because, as someone said, those felt more like the first two episodes of Season 2 than a Special). This is how dystopian programming should be done. "The Hunger Games"  could have used some of the notes from 3%. 

It is not perfect. There were some glaring plot holes and I didn't buy the change in Marco. Ideology is interesting and I find nepotism to be one of the greatest supporter of corrupt society. It was nice to see how they handled that :D

Reveal hidden contents

I am also not sure whether I will be able to get in. The cube test seems rather easy for me, the scene test was also no brainer. I can be starved, but I am not sure whether I would get out of the hallucinatory tunnel...

It should be noted that 3% is the first TV show on my list that is not in English. I like that... Spreading the views via Netflix

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. (It was me said they seemed like the first two episodes :D Great minds ;)). I also thought about the Hunger Games when watching this. But it's infinitely better than those books/films are.

I don't think I would make it either. TBH I would probably be booted in the interview

:lol: 

I did buy the change in Marco actually. He had this sense of entitlement because of his family, and their seemingly impressive track record of people successfully making it through the tests. He's a competent man, that much is true. And when he can show off his skills he does. But when things get desperate his entitlement becomes much uglier and more vicious. Leading to the mob hunts. And actually I very much believe the mob thing, people can be at their most ugly when they feel cornered and desperate.

I felt very sad for Agata. And I would have liked to know what she saw in the tunnel.

Joana was by far my favourite character. Hoping to see her and Fernando join up with the Cause if there is a season two.

i liked that they didn't try to answer too much in this first season and left the Offshore to be explored in the future

I also have to express disappointment with Medici. I did not finish the series, got to around episode 3 and gave up. Real shame.

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. (It was me said they seemed like the first two episodes :D Great minds ;)). I also thought about the Hunger Games when watching this. But it's infinitely better than those books/films are.

As for Sense8, I adored, and let me repeat, ADORED each of the montages and music was to die for. I actually listened to the birthday mix during my own b-day several days ago... It was so cool...

As for 3%, it is amazing. Truly amazing. Yes, it is infinitely better than The Hunger Games and many similar franchises. It is serious, it has the gravitas something like this needs. It will be interesting to see what can happen when outsiders become insiders...

Spoiler

I think I am good in interviews :D But facing my demons... Not so much :D

Re: Marco. It would make more sense if he was behaving like an entitled brat the entire course of the series. But, he didn't. He was actually humble, he was doing the tasks, he never presumed it is his right. Ironically, that opinion is what gets them purified. To be honest, I knew that some of them would snap, but Marco, IDK, it really didn't fit for me. 

I also liked Joanna. There was a strength there that none of the other characters had. Most importantly, again and again, she showed what amazing person she is and that one can actually make the best choices even when they think they have none. Her refusal to kill is what truly makes her stronger than any of them.

It is tantalizing... Not giving too much of anything. I would like to think that Netflix will expand this... This one has the potential. And I hope it will become culturally relevant to make money for all Netflix markets. I know that people in Serbia are truly amazed by it. 

Oh, boy, Medici really look troublesome... And I only finished episode 1. 

9 hours ago, Veltigar said:

There is still time :D The Young Pope is only ten episodes ;) If you don't sleep, you can still make it!

That might be a problem, though, all I did while "watching" the first episode of The Young Pope was sleep.

Archived