[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

2 hours ago, apovsic said:

Slightly offtopic: on blue-ray editions, with history and lore, do they still follow Martin's history or did they start to "improve" it too?

Some little things are nice but they do change things which are actually kind of important. IMO this is a very important moment for Jaime's character: 

The day had been windy when he said farewell to Rhaegar, in the yard of the Red Keep. The prince had donned his night-black armor, with the three-headed dragon picked out in rubies on his breastplate. "Your Grace," Jaime had pleaded, "let Darry stay to guard the king this once, or Ser Barristan. Their cloaks are as white as mine."

Prince Rhaegar shook his head. "My royal sire fears your father more than he does our cousin Robert. He wants you close, so Lord Tywin cannot harm him. I dare not take that crutch away from him at such an hour."

Jaime's anger had risen up in his throat. "I am not a crutch. I am a knight of the Kingsguard."

Rhaegar had put his hand on Jaime's shoulder. "When this battle's done I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago, but . . . well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when I return."

In the history and lore Rhaegar said this apparently to Barristan. Maybe something small but it takes something away of Jaime's character and the relationship between Rhaegar and Jaime (who did not only admire Dayne but the Prince too I believe)

48 minutes ago, The Wull said:

Anybody see that picture of Qyburn?  Looks like he's about to get Kevan'd to me.  Does that fill our Shocking Death quota, or should we still be worried?

Partly I am sad Qyburn might be dead because he is kind of likable ... but then I remember what he did. So probably no tears? And also boring! Like all the other murders. We really should start to take bets which will be the last one to survive before (s)he is killed by Darth Maul's army. 

24 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

So, what's the probability of

Hide contents

Shaggydog's coat being presented along with Rickon as the "gift" in the next episode

^^Spoiler's based on trailer info and film rumors.

Nooooooooo, :leaving: *my reaction when I hear such spoilers - time to leave!*

Spoiler

Probably true because those wolves are really so annoying. Wait? Do they not need the wolf to proof it is Rickon Stark. Manderley at least thought this was very important in the books ... They probably did no think of this

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Some little things are nice but they do change things which are actually kind of important. IMO this is a very important moment for Jaime's character: 

The day had been windy when he said farewell to Rhaegar, in the yard of the Red Keep. The prince had donned his night-black armor, with the three-headed dragon picked out in rubies on his breastplate. "Your Grace," Jaime had pleaded, "let Darry stay to guard the king this once, or Ser Barristan. Their cloaks are as white as mine."

Prince Rhaegar shook his head. "My royal sire fears your father more than he does our cousin Robert. He wants you close, so Lord Tywin cannot harm him. I dare not take that crutch away from him at such an hour."

Jaime's anger had risen up in his throat. "I am not a crutch. I am a knight of the Kingsguard."

Rhaegar had put his hand on Jaime's shoulder. "When this battle's done I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago, but . . . well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when I return."

In the history and lore Rhaegar said this apparently to Barristan. Maybe something small but it takes something away of Jaime's character and the relationship between Rhaegar and Jaime (who did not only admire Dayne but the Prince too I believe)

Partly I am sad Qyburn might be dead because he is kind of likable ... but then I remember what he did. So probably no tears? And also boring! Like all the other murders. We really should start to take bets which will be the last one to survive before (s)he is killed by Darth Maul's army. 

Nooooooooo, :leaving: *my reaction when I hear such spoilers - time to leave!*

Hide contents

Probably true because those wolves are really so annoying. Wait? Do they not need the wolf to proof it is Rickon Stark. Manderley at least thought this was very important in the books ... They probably did no think of this

I'm just guessing.  Of course, they might do the even stupider thing and have the Bolton's not bother killing the wolf, like the Night's Watch mutineers not killing Ghost.  Anything is possible with D&D

3 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

Hodor thought. Possibly injured whilst trying to protect Lyanna during the abduction. Knights horses are trained to kick and bite maybe he struggled with them and was accidentally or intentionally injured, trying to prevent the abduction.

Far too reasonable.  There's probably some sexual violence in his past that he's trying to repress causing him to lose his speech.  

/D&D

10 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

Hodor thought. Possibly injured whilst trying to protect Lyanna during the abduction. Knights horses are trained to kick and bite maybe he struggled with them and was accidentally or intentionally injured, trying to prevent the abduction.

I thought there was spoiler news from filming season that 

Robert spars with him, and this causes it.  Am I misremembering?

10 hours ago, Tijgy said:

He at least mentions it is something psychotic. Kind of hilarious he says during filming we can to the decision ... So D&D only decided who dies, how and ... but there is not a real why someone dies. I never intend to watch something from D&D again but I really want to know how they handle a thriller (murder mystery). Probably the most gruesome death ever made on screen. Why did this murder happen? No idea. Let decide it when we are filming :dunno:

Too early for Osha. First we need to get a few really sweet and heartwarming scenes between Rickon and Osha, and then she can be killed. :rolleyes: 

ETA: Sorry, wonky quote! Was quoting @sweetsunray

30 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Hide contents

Fairly certain that was from a highly questionable random 4chan user claiming to have seen the whole thing. Definitely wouldn't put much, if any, stock in it.

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

What?!  They're giving Qyburn the Book!Pycell treatment?  I somehow missed this

There's a picture of Qyburn with several children facing him for the released epi 3 pictures. You see his face and their backs.

Add the short shot of what looks to be children facing something or someone on the ground and what seems to be stabbing

=> Qyburn gets Kevaned?

33 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've seen speculations about this when we got the casting calls many months ago, people were wondering and talking about it as a possibility. 

It all gets mixed up in the noggin sometimes.  Seems like an odd detail for them to make important if they're just rushing to the end (not that it has stopped them before).  Wonder if it's more important than it seems in the books.  I know there are a few GRRM comments that have made me think something important will happen with out big friend beyond just being Bran's vessel.

7 hours ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

Who is this "Catelyn" you speak of?

I remember Littlefinger talking about some woman, but her name was "Your Sister".

:lmao:yes, "your sister" was one of my favorite characters ;) I should have remembered her name.

28 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

There's a picture of Qyburn with several children facing him for the released epi 3 pictures. You see his face and their backs.

Add the short shot of what looks to be children facing something or someone on the ground and what seems to be stabbing

=> Qyburn gets Kevaned?

Ah, thanks!  That's what I meant - the Kevan treatment (although I think Pycell was offed as well).

45 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Too early for Osha. First we need to get a few really sweet and heartwarming scenes between Rickon and Osha, and then she can be killed. :rolleyes: 

ETA: Sorry, wonky quote! Was quoting @sweetsunray

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Probably Pycelle can be added to the quota if Qybrun is Kevan'd... He's still alive inthe show, isn't it? About time he gets the knife, if Balon who won the Wo5K by default is dead too. Two birds with one stone, so to speak... euhm, scratch that. Two maesters with six birds.

2 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

hahaha, you misunderstood me :) I meant what Martin's HS and sparrow movement might be based on, not show-HS, which obviously is inspired on an alltogether different movement.

I haven't read the books, but the closest parallel I see to the show movement (simplistic and anachronistic as it is) is the movement of Savonarola. From what I know, he preached against the corruption of the Catholic church officials and tried to help the poor. He was also quite a fanatic, burning sinners and such, and he ran a sort of pre-mafia-esque gang of orphan kids, who blackmailed the wealthy people (into giving money), if I recall correctly.

ETA: He was the de facto lord of Florence for a couple of years.

7 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I haven't read the books, but the closest parallel I see to the show movement (simplistic and anachronistic as it is) is the movement of Savonarola. From what I know, he preached against the corruption of the Catholic church officials and tried to help the poor. He was also quite a fanatic and ran a sort of pre-mafia-esque gang of orphan kids, who blackmailed the wealthy people (into giving money), if I recall correctly.

Yes, that seems a rather correct figure to link with the HS - he was anti-corruption, going back to the Christian roots, preached heavy against sins, enciting people with bigoted talk, and wanted to establish a republic and oust de Medicis from Florence (the city state).

9 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I haven't read the books, but the closest parallel I see to the show movement (simplistic and anachronistic as it is) is the movement of Savonarola. From what I know, he preached against the corruption of the Catholic church officials and tried to help the poor. He was also quite a fanatic, burning sinners and such, and he ran a sort of pre-mafia-esque gang of orphan kids, who blackmailed the wealthy people (into giving money), if I recall correctly.

ETA: He was the de facto lord of Florence for a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Yes, that seems a rather correct figure to link with the HS - he was anti-corruption, going back to the Christian roots, preached heavy against sins, and wanted to establish a republic and oust de Medicis from Florence (the city state).

Hmm...that does sound like an apt comparison.  It sounds like this movement of Savonarola was a bit hypocritical in that it was ostensibly against corruption, etc. while engaging in corruption itself.  Also, it sounds like he wanted to oust the current rulers of Florence only to replace them himself (i.e. playing the game of thrones, wanting power).  If so, then that sounds like the Faith in the books.  I'm not so sure about the Faith in the show...  

I'm not sure book Faith is a power-grab for the sake of a power-grab.  It could be, but I think it is a legitimate effort to both protect the smallfolk and place the Faith in general as a perpetual power because of their beliefs, not because the High Sparrow wants to be in power.

I thought it was quite brilliant, actually, to end the first episode with the Melisandre revelation, which then later really informs the second episode, hugely.

WTH is this guy talking about? That Melisandre revelation played no role in the second episode at all.

1 minute ago, David Selig said:

WTH is this guy talking about? That Melisandre revelation played no role in the second episode at all.

The whole interview is insane, I have no idea what he meant and not just this part but everything. 

Archived