NBA 2016 Playoffs Edition: Farewell, Kobe!

Tywin et al.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is there anything crueler in sports than making Mark Jackson call Warriors games?

Well, when Stan Van Gundy was calling games it was pretty cruel making him call a game Dwight was in and playing well.

At least Jackson's firing was because he wasn't a good fit for the team, Stan was fired just because Dwight's an asshole.

Eh, on the flip side Dwight hasn't been as good or successful since he got Stan fired, while Jackson has to watch his former team be so much better without him. 

I'm impressed how it's the 4th quarter and Boston has yet to reach 50 points. Who says early 2000s Eastern Conference basketball is dead? 

ETA: Equal misery is watching what's left of the Grizzlies try to score on the Spurs defense. Not the most enthralling night of NBA basketball. 

11 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I'm impressed how it's the 4th quarter and Boston has yet to reach 50 points. Who says early 2000s Eastern Conference basketball is dead? 

ETA: Equal misery is watching what's left of the Grizzlies try to score on the Spurs defense. Not the most enthralling night of NBA basketball. 

Yeah, that was miserable. The Celtics got off to a horrible start (when I turned the game on they were down 24-3) and never recovered.

Meanwhile, the Grizzles...as a fan I would just invoke the mercy rule right now.

2 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Yeah, that was miserable. The Celtics got off to a horrible start (when I turned the game on they were down 24-3) and never recovered.

Meanwhile, the Grizzles...as a fan I would just invoke the mercy rule right now.

I think it's impressive the Grizzlies even made it this far. Didn't they lose Gasol early on and Conley late? Coupled with their high profile blow out losses early on, it was surprising that they were as far ahead as the 5th seed late in the season.

27 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

I think it's impressive the Grizzlies even made it this far. Didn't they lose Gasol early on and Conley late? Coupled with their high profile blow out losses early on, it was surprising that they were as far ahead as the 5th seed late in the season.

Yes, they won a lot of games in the 2nd half that they had no business winning, given how piecemeal the roster has been since Gasol went out in early February. Given what he's had to work with, Dave Joerger has done a great job this season.

3 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Yes, they won a lot of games in the 2nd half that they had no business winning, given how piecemeal the roster has been since Gasol went out in early February. Given what he's had to work with, Dave Joerger has done a great job this season.

The funny thing is they would have been much better off losing games and getting a lottery pick.

Decent games today though. Cavs vs Pistons is interesting to me, Clippers vs Blazers, can the Clips dominate again, and Charlotte will want to get back at Miami ( and I hope they don't).

Thibs to the W-Wolves. Hmmm. Don't really have an opinion in it other than I hope T-Wolves do great next year.

Yeah Idk how to feel about it either. He's a very good coach, but he over uses his players. Idk why he should be team president too though. And at $10 million a year you'd think we could have gotten literally anyone other than Pop.

Fun 15 sec clip I just ran into. 6'9 Tyler Hansbrough first encounters 7'3 Boban Marjanovic from the Spurs from the 1st time. 

It's just amusing, I'm 6'2 and if I stand next to a 6'9 guy you feel very undersized, it's just a huge gap.

To then be 6'9 and feel the same...

And from the same source I was linked to a pick of Shaq standing next to 6'4 Jon Jones ( UFC fighter)

http://i.imgbox.com/aabNZFlO.jpg

Shaq's overall 7'1 size is just nuts.

Rockets and Wizards both fighting for Scotty Brooks. Who'd have thought!

Seems like the fact that the Thunder are exactly the same, or even worse, under Donovan, has done wonders for Brooks  reputation.

If I'm watching a Spurs game I find myself watching Boban the entire time when he's on the court, he's just so massive. 

I miss Thibs and glad he got a big payday, Wolves are gonna be scary very soon. He can overuse the starters, like Tywin said, but other than that he's one of the best around.

Archived