NBA 2016 Playoffs Edition: Farewell, Kobe!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

If Detroit can keep this contained they will steal this one in Cle. Reggie Jackson is the best closer we've had since Chauncey, the dude is an ice PG in the closing minutes on 3pt shooting, penetrating and drawing contact, hitting the FT's.

One thing i'm certain of they will have to keep composure as a young team because the Cavs will get most of these close calls and they will have to shake that and play through it. Its Crunch time, can they hold on in a road game?????

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

Kevin Love's corpse has come back to life! 

Thanks be to the intercession of the spirit of Bradley Beal from beyond!

Cavs are better with Delly out there...

Noticed that as well.

The Heat are turning this game with Charlotte into a laugher early.

But what was it they used to say on SportsCenter?  Maybe Van Pelt?  "This is the NBA and everyone makes a run."

Whiteside has really established himself this year, he's the real deal. Miami having their way with Charlotte on the HC today. Still expect this series to tighten up significantly as it goes on. Charlotte had the NBA's 3rd best record after the All Star break ( behind only GS and S.A.), so they can still answer the bell (for games 2,3,4,etc.) but this is a drubbing through the 3rd.

Of the four Western Conference playoff games, the "closest" was the Clippers by 20.  Ugh, I wish these were still best of 5, or if there could be a "mercy rule" that if you win the first three, the series is just over. 

EDIT: On the plus side, the Thunder and Clippers looked good, maybe the second round will be more compelling?

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Of the four Western Conference playoff games, the "closest" was the Clippers by 20.  Ugh, I wish these were still best of 5, or if there could be a "mercy rule" that if you win the first three, the series is just over. 

EDIT: On the plus side, the Thunder and Clippers looked good, maybe the second round will be more compelling?

I really do think the second round of the West will be great.  I think LA and OKC both match up pretty well with Golden State and San Antonio, respectively. I think both of those series go at least 6.

Very good performance by Detroit, really went all the way with a full strength Cavs team. That is a promising start, but can they keep that intensity up? 

Other game I saw was the Rockets getting crushed by Golden State. Harden was woeful. Even if they rest Curry the rest of the series, Golden State has this, such is the difference. I'll also note that I think Detroit is definitely a stronger team than Houston.

16 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Raptors have evened things up with the Pacers in game 2 of their series. The Mavs are keeping pace with OKC, 54-48 Thunder about halfway through the 3rd. Curry officially out of Game 2 with the Rockets.

Dwayne Casey finally grew some balls and benched DeRozan.  Result?  Easy win.  Don't let the final score fool you the game was over with 3 mins left with the pacers down twenty and subbing out their good players.  The only time Indiana was in the game was the second quarter when DeRozan allowed everyone and their mother to score on him.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Raptors have evened things up with the Pacers in game 2 of their series. The Mavs are keeping pace with OKC, 54-48 Thunder about halfway through the 3rd. Curry officially out of Game 2 with the Rockets.

Started watching in the 2nd during Sharks intermission and was like, how is this game so close.

Eventually I figured it out.

Archived