Who kills Faegon? (Besides Drogon)

2 hours ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

why the Gods Eye?

prince Aegon and Aerion?

No, beneath the God's Eye was Maegor vs Aegon. Two rival claimants, a nephew and an uncle for an aunt. The bigger black dragon defeating Aegon's smaller dragon. Aegon backed by the faith and Maegor despised by them.

1 minute ago, chrisdaw said:

No, beneath the God's Eye was Maegor vs Aegon. Two rival claimants, a nephew and an uncle for an aunt. The bigger black dragon defeating Aegon's smaller dragon. Aegon backed by the faith and Maegor despised by them.

So this mean that Dany will become new Maegor. heh

1 hour ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Maegor and Visenya and Rhaenyra and Daemon Targaryen...

Maegor, son of Visenya, fought against the Faith Militant, after having forced his way past his nephew Aegon, grandson of Rhaenys, to seize the Iron Throne, while mounted on Balerion, the Black Dread.

Consider this...

Khaleesi there sits Balerion, come again.

Daenerys I, Clash

And this...

...the only children born of his seed proved monstrosities: misshapen, eyeless, limbless, or having the parts of man and woman both.

Maegor I, TWOIAF

And this...

"Monstrous," Mirri Maz Duur finished for him. The knight was a powerful man, yet Dany understood in that moment that the maegi was stronger, and crueler, and infinitely more dangerous. "Twisted. I drew him forth myself. He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years."

Daenerys IX, Game

And Rhaenyra's wee dragon bairn too...

When the babe at last came forth, she proved indeed a monster: a stillborn girl, twisted and malformed, with a hole in her chest where her heart should have been and a stubby, scaled tail.

The Princess and The Queen

Rhaenyra named the little monster Visenya.

He was knighted at six-and-ten, like Maegor I, and Jaehaerys I himself gave Daemon the Valyrian steel blade Dark Sister for his prowess.

Viserys I, TWOIAF

Recall that Visenya wielded Dark Sister before Daemon Targaryen, who would go on to support the blacks against the greens.

Daemon Targaryen had one of those little dragon babies too, with Laena before he wed Rhaenyra.

The analogy breaks down a bit when Aemond claims Vhagar. But perhaps the analogy survives since Aemond's action was one of the four foundations for the Dance of the Dragons.

6 hours ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Yeah, it's pretty clear the most central characters, Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya, Sansa, etc, are foreshadowed in multiple characters and ways. It makes sense, they have lots of content, go through 'phases' on their arc, have different sides to their personalities, and have a public perception that is often different than reality. So different historic characters foreshadow just parts of their arc, it couldn't be otherwise really as if it were there'd just end up straight copies. An example is the heroic and much loved Aemon the Dragonknight as well as the infamous Criston Cole both foreshadowing different pieces of Jaime.

Maegor was a cruel monster and what not so Dany fans will recoil at the idea he could foreshadow her, but it's really just one part of her story arc he's set to foreshadow, and probably it will be the simplistic public perception that she'll endure for a time. The HS is literally praying the gods will show him the way, an alternative to the current sinful court, and then Aegon lands. Cloth dragon, cheering crowds. Then comes Dany with her heretical army to dance with the mummer's dragon, prompting Dany vs the Faith, like Maegor vs the Faith.

8 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Yes that was what i meant by price aegon

and i said Aerion, but i meant aemond who also died there.

This might be too fairytale for Martin, but if Aegon is based on famous pretender Lambert Simnel (whose protector was also called John) then maybe he'll share Simnel's fate and end up working as a spit boy in the royal kitchens after being pardoned by whoever's in charge. 

This could be foreshadowed when what's his face Flowers takes Aegon to introduce him to the rest of the Company and says something like, "We'll go and meet the cooks first. Good folk to know."

11 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Yeah, it's pretty clear the most central characters, Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya, Sansa, etc, are foreshadowed in multiple characters and ways. It makes sense, they have lots of content, go through 'phases' on their arc, have different sides to their personalities, and have a public perception that is often different than reality. So different historic characters foreshadow just parts of their arc, it couldn't be otherwise really as if it were there'd just end up straight copies. An example is the heroic and much loved Aemon the Dragonknight as well as the infamous Criston Cole both foreshadowing different pieces of Jaime.

Maegor was a cruel monster and what not so Dany fans will recoil at the idea he could foreshadow her, but it's really just one part of her story arc he's set to foreshadow, and probably it will be the simplistic public perception that she'll endure for a time. The HS is literally praying the gods will show him the way, an alternative to the current sinful court, and then Aegon lands. Cloth dragon, cheering crowds. Then comes Dany with her heretical army to dance with the mummer's dragon, prompting Dany vs the Faith, like Maegor vs the Faith.

It would be too predictable if everything what will do daenerys in future books already happened in history with different characters. 

Also killing your nephew just because he has better claim to iron throne is cruel no matter how you look. 

13 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Him being killed by Drogon is much the same as him being killed by Daenerys.  The only other way I'd expect him to die is randomly, in battle against her. 

A successful Targaryen ruler has to combine some of the qualities of Maegor the Cruel with some of the qualities of Jaehaerys the Conclilator.  Dany hasn't really got that balance correct so far, in part because she doesn't want to acknowledge some of the things she'll have to do to win power.

20 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Him being killed by Drogon is much the same as him being killed by Daenerys.  The only other way I'd expect him to die is randomly, in battle against her. 

A successful Targaryen ruler has to combine some of the qualities of Maegor the Cruel with some of the qualities of Jaehaerys the Conclilator.  Dany hasn't really got that balance correct so far, in part because she doesn't want to acknowledge some of the things she'll have to do to win power.

Succesful Targaryen ruler should be able to govern well without cruelty. Jaehaerys was best king to ever sit on iron throne for many reasons, not only because he gave westeros 50 years of peace. And entire Maegor reign was pure atrocity.

33 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Succesful Targaryen ruler should be able to govern well without cruelty. Jaehaerys was best king to ever sit on iron throne for many reasons, not only because he gave westeros 50 years of peace. And entire Maegor reign was pure atrocity.

Thought the same but you can't blame him for fighting the faith millitant. Just like now the millitant was used to super cede or bypass the royal court. The conciliator was def best targ King ever bc he was understanding and somewhat forgiving but had an iron fist when need be 

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Thought the same but you can't blame him for fighting the faith millitant. Just like now the millitant was used to super cede or bypass the royal court. The conciliator was def best targ King ever bc he was understanding and somewhat forgiving but had an iron fist when need be 

Maegor had right to fight faith militant, but he already won trial of seven what prove his right to throne, when he burned sept of remembrance along with praying there warrior's sons. He only started this conflict again. 

On 20/5/2016 at 11:19 AM, JonisHenryTudor said:

With what boredom as she reads her titles? :cheers:

If he is like me he will die die like that. I think that I fall asleep during Dany's titles.

On 20/5/2016 at 11:19 AM, JonisHenryTudor said:

I can't see her killing him, perhaps ordering, but actually killing? 

Killing him with her own hands no, but after all Tywin is to blame for Aegon and Rhaenys not just the Mountain.

• 11 months later...

Archived