[Poll] How would you rate episode 605?

Ran

How would you rate episode 605?  

610 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

This episode was fantastic , I criticize this show a lot it has had some major flaws, this episode had some crappy moments, Littlefinger teleporting again, a bunch of seemingly intelligent people sitting around a table thinking Ramsey would wait around long enough for Brienne to ride all the way to the Riverlands, Leaf is apparently thousands of years old hmm I dunno how I feel about that.. Every scene was entertaining and progressed the plot, the acting was superb. The kingsmoot could've been done better but the acting and intensity was spot on , Sansa and Brienne making littlefinger squirm was a really good scene. The scene with Jorah and Dany was one of their best in the entire series very heart breaking.I loved the scene were Jaqen and Arya are walking through the hall of faces and he was explaining where the first faceless man came from, I feel that scene and Sansa confronting littlefinger were the strongest in terms of dialogue.The mummers play was perfect , the wart covered cock was a bit gratuitous but who cares in the greater scheme of things.The great revelation that the children of the forest created the nights king that scene was well done the CGI and cinematography were on point. Bran is now the key to the wights being able to breakthrough barriers put up by the children of the forest that is interesting and a huge plot development, I laughed when leaf died holding the  pine cone hand grenade it is such a cliched action movie moment,  last but not least poor Hodor and Summer , a moments silence please....I gave this episode a 10 , it was very enjoyable, everyone that voted 10 HOLD THE DOOR!! don't let those 1/10 voters get through

Edited by darksellsword

For All of the feels, I gave it a nine. Summer and Ho(ldthe)door forever! I cry every week, but that ending hurt! What are Meera and Bran going to do without them?

Love Tormund's continued lustful looks at Brienne. "And that man with the beard" lol. Sansa gave LF a good talking too, we shall see where he is found lurking next...All things Castle Black.

poor Jorah! I loved the tenderness of that scene and the pride. And Dany leads the Kahlasar, the mare that will mount the world.

i was happy to see the play and a taste of Braavos outside the temple. It's hard to be no one watching a play about your family. Poor Arya. Nice full frontal male shot in the mix... :o

the kingsmoot wasn't so bad, but I wanted more. I wanted the dragon horn. Yara already talked about rocks and acorns... Theon looked better. Sounded stronger. Euron wasn't enough.

Varys's getting told his own story was cool. The look on his face was pure disbelief. I wanna know the words. And Tyrion. Oh Tyrion.

and so many wights. Will Coldhands come now?

so many questions.

Awesome episode. I really did not see that Hodor back story coming. I really expected him to have been bullied by the Starks or something.

The Origins of the Others/WW...Wow. I also did not expect that. I'm a bit shocked that the Nights King was able to see Bran, let alone actually touch him.

They mentioned Manderlys. Here is hoping....

Of course, if would not be ASOIAF forum without the constant minority of haters. Loving the fact that at this moment, 10 has 46% of votes, 9 and 8 have another 27. 1 has 8%. No, it has nothing to doing with just being a hater. I guess some people can never be satisfied.

I don't think I can rate it yet. 

Hold the door :(

Bran warged Hodor & made him sacrifice himself...I just can't. 

Also who let them cast Sam's older brother as Euron?! That is just terrible. :angry:

Eta: I am soooo done with the direwolves dying!

Edited by Lyanna<3Rhaegar

I voted as a solid 6. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. All it did was bring more questions to the table than it did answer them. 

If you voted a 10 you seriously need to sit down and think about your critique a little more. A 10 would be the best episode you've ever seen in your life, going above and beyond what you thought possible or perfect. 

This was one of the most haunting / impactful episode for me, similar to The Mountain and the Viper ... even more since I did not know the story this time around.

I can still see scenes from the ending if I close my eyes. The past few episodes have reaffirmed my faith in the writing abilities of D&D, without detailed sources from GRRM, after the loss of it due to the Mehsurrection.

35 minutes ago, Daniel Tarly said:

Only people who have never read the books or are casual watchers would like this episode. Or people who are such fanboys they are blind.

The Bran Stark Plot now rivals the Dornish plot for stupidity.

I suspect that you read the books but didn't understand them. At all. 

43 minutes ago, Daniel Tarly said:

Only people who have never read the books or are casual watchers would like this episode. Or people who are such fanboys they are blind.

The Bran Stark Plot now rivals the Dornish plot for stupidity.

Considering it sounds like a substantial part of Bran's story is straight from GRRM, sounds like you're going to be really disappointed in the final books.

Being a major fan of Bran's storyline, he's the main reason I still watch the show. Gave it a 9 only because this episode finally gave me something new and good about it (even though at this point we can't know if it'll match the books). Also up to now I don't remember seeing in season 6 a better scene than today's final one.

1 hour ago, Foodini said:

Its crazy how the same show can give cheap deaths to awesome characters like Stannis/Roose and amazing ones to Hodor ect. Its as if one was written by someone and another by someone else....

mystery

Still thought the episode was good, so a 9 out of 10 for me ;)

Amazing people deserve amazing deaths . Same can't be said about child burning dimwits.

29 minutes ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

I voted as a solid 6. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. All it did was bring more questions to the table than it did answer them. 

If you voted a 10 you seriously need to sit down and think about your critique a little more. A 10 would be the best episode you've ever seen in your life, going above and beyond what you thought possible or perfect. 

Rating means different things to different people. By your criteria I would never give out ten for any show I've ever watched. Some people make ratings far more complicated than it needs to be.

9/10

It is interesting to feel like an unsullied again after all these years when watching and nice to have some surprises - even if I didn't love all of them 100%.  

I've given up on wondering how fast Littlefinger's private jet is and marvelling at the speed of wi-fi all over Westeros but things like Sansa's sewing speed still tend to irk me.  I wasn't that thrilled to hear the mention of House Hornwood either.

Overall, just happy to see the story progressing.