Why did they show us Sandor's "sword"?

5 hours ago, Davos's Scopolamine Patch said:

But the boobs are always sexualized.  Why not a shot of a nursing mom, flopping one out to feed a baby.  That's about as exciting as seeing a dude pee.  

But really, I thought maybe I missed something intricate to the show.  

25 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

We already had lots of that with Lysa/Sweetrobin

We've seen attractive, unattractive, and neutral contexts for nudity from both genders on the show, but the female nudity trends towards being attractive in a sexualized context.  The male nudity trends towards being shown in neutral and unattractive contexts.

This is the kind of unequal nudity issue that I was trying to refer to in my long ranty post.

Why not? It's not like it was an useless scene with a close-up to his genitalia. He was taking a piss and he was talking at the same time.

I am not one to be bothered by nudity, but we had plenty of feminine nudity and only a handful of male nakedness. 

On 13.6.2016 at 5:32 PM, Davos's Scopolamine Patch said:

Aside from further intimidating the audience, was there a point?  Was there something in the river we were supposed to see?  I thought maybe a dead Blackfish would float by.  Thoughts? 

It's to show how normal killing has become in that area of Westeros particulary. They hang three people, argue who might kill how many, the hound steals the shoes of one hanged before he is even dead without noticing the death struggle and then he gets a piss. It shows the dehuminizations.

On 6/13/2016 at 2:59 PM, Grizzly Mormont said:

I was disappointed he didn't lift his leg to pee. 

He should've peed on a red fire hydrant. 

I'm picturing the Blackfish's corpse just swimming by and Sandor peeing on it like in that one episode of Wilfred when he peed on a sleeping homeless dude. 

Also, it legit just dawned on me that this thread was about dick. I totally missed Sandor's dachshund. 

48 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

He should've peed on a red fire hydrant. 

I'm picturing the Blackfish's corpse just swimming by and Sandor peeing on it like in that one episode of Wilfred when he peed on a sleeping homeless dude. 

Also, it legit just dawned on me that this thread was about dick. I totally missed Sandor's dachshund. 

Haha, this.

I mean, he was pissing front to the camera and it should be totally obvious, but only this thread made me realize there was a dick.

On 14. 6. 2016 at 5:46 PM, Davos's Scopolamine Patch said:

But the boobs are always sexualized.  Why not a shot of a nursing mom, flopping one out to feed a baby.  That's about as exciting as seeing a dude pee.  

But really, I thought maybe I missed something intricate to the show.  

So your problem is that there was a dick, or that the dick was not shown in a sexy way?

OP might have not realised, but the reason was spoken here a few times. It´s because people still talk about "nudity quota". It´s because people still notice it as if it was something important. It´s because it bothers people and that´s funny, that´s why.

I think they should make an entire episode with everyone naked, it would be amusing to see people complaining the episode lacked content because they were too uncomfortable with the nudity to pay attention to the words.

44 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

The package was barely out of his pants, so hard to tell about size really. Looked to be as long as his fingers.

And his hands are REALLY big.  Rory McCann hand

I always thought the Hound was more of a pee outta the bottom of your shorts kinda guy...

Cool down, girls!

Maybe it was simply a Hodor situation: not Rory McCann's real one but prosthetic. A proxy-penis. Actually it struck me as being quite the pale worm. Or they cgi-ed that little piece of flesh into a faded pink for better visibility.

Archived