US elections 2016 - "Go ahead, throw your vote away"

IheartIheartTesla

I have to ask, is anybody actually forward to the debates?

One a further note, I feel some degree of pity for the American posters on this board. I am fortunately living a land far far away from the Donald and his support, so that I have very little to do with those. But even the short encounters are by that point sufficient to really provoke at least some degree of anger in me. If I actually were American or living in the US I would probably be raging on a Hulk like scale by now, and wish every Trumpeteer a journey to the darkest places in the Dreadfort. So I admire your patience.

4 minutes ago, Notone said:

Not really, mostly because all Trump has to do is to show up and every analysis will say he did great even if 3/4ths of what he said is a flat our lie or has zero actual substance to it. I'm already seeing "keys to win" for each candidate and Trump's key was "Stop lying" and Clinton's was "Sell your presidency to the american people and what you'll do for the voters". I mean, come on. The different level of standards for these candidates is driving me up the wall and making me want to avoid everything to do with the debate and politics over the next month. The fact that they're being graded on a curve is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. 

But I'll watch anyway cause that's what I do. 

I've seen comments saying that all Trump has to do is not drool, but honestly, I think most of the media would give him a pass on drooling. I'm not even joking about that.

What he actually has to do is stick to his script, which will be much harder for him than not drooling. It's when he ad libs that he makes mistakes and says things he has to walk back. But he loves doing it, because it boosts his ego.

At this point in the campaign he appears able to lie all he likes: but if he says something unwise, the post-debate coverage will be dominated by his mistake and Clinton will win by default.

16 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

So board liberals and/or rational people, how panicked are you, on a scale from one to "I can feel the No-God has arisen," about the latest poll results?

I am very concerned, but the No God does not yet walk.  Looking at polling at the moment I feel like FL is very much a toss up (everything is within 2 points), and that is a state where campaign organization can make a difference.  Clinton doesn't have to win there, but if she does, it's over.  But I'll admit, I am very very leery of hoping Florida saves us when it comes to the presidency.  So many bad memories, and that state is so dysfunctional. 

49 minutes ago, Notone said:

I actually were American or living in the US I would probably be raging on a Hulk like scale by now, and wish every Trumpeteer a journey to the darkest places in the Dreadfort. So I admire your patience.

Yea I'm "struggling" with my feelings toward trump voters a lot less right now.   There is no justification to vote for this pile of human garbage.   And I have no sympathy for the Supreme Court excuse either.   What the could possibly be that important to these alleged "disgusted by trump but voting for him anyway" people that they think Clinton will snatch away that's worth it to them to inflict a putrid heap of incompetence on this country?   I think I've reached my limits   

3 minutes ago, sologdin said:

am anticipating that she crushes him.  is there any analyst that can change that by flattering trump? who are these credulous persons who are swayed by journalistic 'analysis' (i.e., jaundiced editorial)?

hopefully in the cold, merciless grip of a Caterpiller P-5000. That's  just good television

I'm trying to imagine the level of nervousness I would have going into a debate like this. Regardless of who you support, it is a pretty amazing thing to have risen to the level where you are one of two people being considered for one of the more powerful jobs in the world. I'm pretty sure I would faint before even walking on the stage. I give the candidates a lot of credit just for having the chutzpah to get out their and verbally joust. Really don't get anyone who claims not to be interested in watching. If you spend time on this thread and have even a baseline level of interest in civics this is going to be very interesting. There is a chance we may see the level of discourse sink well below any other debate in history. That alone is worth watching.   

3 minutes ago, mormont said:

I've seen comments saying that all Trump has to do is not drool, but honestly, I think most of the media would give him a pass on drooling. I'm not even joking about that.

What he actually has to do is stick to his script, which will be much harder for him than not drooling. It's when he ad libs that he makes mistakes and says things he has to walk back. But he loves doing it, because it boosts his ego.

At this point in the campaign he appears able to lie all he likes: but if he says something unwise, the post-debate coverage will be dominated by his mistake and Clinton will win by default.

But that won't change the Trumpsters minds a bit. They think that, like small children and teenagers, the person who yells the loudest and tosses out the most insults wins.

Hillary is going to push his buttons and I'm waiting for him to call her a b**** or the c word. He won't be able to help himself. 

His fans will love it and declare him the winner. 

Just now, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

But that won't change the Trumpsters minds a bit. They think that, like small children and teenagers, the person who yells the loudest and tosses out the most insults wins.

Hillary is going to push his buttons and I'm waiting for him to call her a b**** or the c word. He won't be able to help himself. 

His fans will love it and declare him the winner. 

This debate won't be about changing Trump fans' minds. It's about the undecideds. There are a lot out there. 

27 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

So board liberals and/or rational people, how panicked are you, on a scale from one to "I can feel the No-God has arisen," about the latest poll results?

I'm hugely panicked. I'm starting to think about what I and my family need to do to prepare for a trump presidency.

Just now, Mexal said:

This debate won't be about changing Trump fans' minds. It's about the undecideds. There are a lot out there. 

I'm flummoxed that there are ANY undecideds at this point in the game. IMO, what's there to think about? The fact that we have a man running for the highest office in the land who has deep ties to the Russians and is apparently under investigation for secret meetings with them, and who lays bare his bigotry and hatred towards everyone not a white male should be enough to make any reasonable person make up their mind in a hurry. 

Trump is in it for one thing: money. This is the biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of this country and I'm having a hard time swallowing the apparent fact that so many people are buying into his bullshit. 

14 minutes ago, Notone said:

I'm looking forward to it. Probably a third of the country will be watching and I fully expect Trump to embarrass himself. Many voters who haven't paid close attention will start checking in now and will realize how full of empty rhetoric Trump is. He never arrives at any substance, and that's going to show when he's standing next to Clinton. People who don't follow politics closely and whose only exposure to him is in snippets and headlines might not have caught on yet, but in a 90 minute debate his utter incompetence will be made clear. 

7 minutes ago, Notone said:

Going to try and surf between the Monday Night Football game, the debate, RAW, and the second episode of the season of Lucifer. The content of the debate might be the least credible of my TV options, and they include professional wrestling and a TV show about the devil.

Just now, Kalbear said:

I'm hugely panicked. I'm starting to think about what I and my family need to do to prepare for a trump presidency.

What every reasonable GOP voter did when Obama won. Buy guns, gold, canned food, and stockpile it in a bunker in the woods. The end is nigh. 

27 minutes ago, Notone said:

I'm jacked. Gots my beer, gots my snacks, and I'm fully expecting a meltdown of epic proportions from Orange Foolius. This is where Clinton earns her stripes. She really needs to run rings around this chump. If she can't, maybe she doesn't deserve the office. I hate to say that, but there it is. It's time for her to shine.

Archived