Casting the Characters Who've Been Cut

phbahia

21 hours ago, Faera said:

Still, given he is supposed to be Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar and Elia... he is supposed to be older than Jon. ;)

Well he is R+L's Aegon not R+E's so it makes sense he is younger - and imo casting him younger will allude to fact there is something fishy about his story to search for. 

1 hour ago, Jova Snow said:

Well he is R+L's Aegon not R+E's so it makes sense he is younger - and imo casting him younger will allude to fact there is something fishy about his story to search for. 

In the books, Elia's Aegon (assuming he is not a pretender) -- there's no suggestion at all that he has any tie to Lyanna. Though I guess in the show he would probably be trying to pass himself off as Jon imposter? But that would hinge on the idea of people knowing about Rhaegar and Lyanna's baby.

Either way, hiring someone of an age with Kit and Emilia would be perfectly valid for an Aegon casting since the characters would have been born within a year or so of each other.

12 hours ago, Faera said:

In the books, Elia's Aegon (assuming he is not a pretender) -- there's no suggestion at all that he has any tie to Lyanna. Though I guess in the show he would probably be trying to pass himself off as Jon imposter? But that would hinge on the idea of people knowing about Rhaegar and Lyanna's baby.

Either way, hiring someone of an age with Kit and Emilia would be perfectly valid for an Aegon casting since the characters would have been born within a year or so of each other.

He legit dyed his hair blue in honor of his mother? And Jon Con is out there wearing a red wolf skin? Plus he is an imposter of Elia's baby not Rhaegar's and he won't be in the show because D&D combined him with Jon already, so it is Jon who is an Aegon imposter now. We know from D&D R+L's son is Aegon - who is YG in the books. 

Tony Regbo as Young Griff 

Since Leyla Feray iş Only twenty two - I want to suggest Azra Akın as older Ashara Dayne - Azra is thirty six years old. 

https://img.gecce.com.tr/2017/12/03/azra-akin-at-171238MD.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

He legit dyed his hair blue in honor of his mother? And Jon Con is out there wearing a red wolf skin? Plus he is an imposter of Elia's baby not Rhaegar's and he won't be in the show because D&D combined him with Jon already, so it is Jon who is an Aegon imposter now. We know from D&D R+L's son is Aegon - who is YG in the books. 

Well, I respectfully disagree.

18 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

Let's wait until TWOW to find out more about Aegon Young Griff Targaryen who is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna ♥ 

I doubt it but anything is possible, I suppose.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 4:32 PM, phbahia said:

Out of curiosity, if you were to give your dream casting for the characters who have been cut (Jon Connington, Aegon, Strong Belwas, etc.) and the characters who have yet to appear or be casted (Sarella, Marwyn, Victarion, etc.), who would you cast? Here are some of my picks:

Jon Connington: Tony Curran

Aegon Targaryen: Logan Lerman

Victarion Greyjoy: Ray Stevenson

Sarella Sand: Tatiana Maslany

Archmaestar Marwyn: Jim Broadbent

On 12/29/2016 at 8:05 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:

Jon Connington: Ed Harris

Aegon Targaryen: Martin Wallström

Victarion Greyjoy: J. K. Simmons

Sarella Sand: Jennifer Lawrence

Archmaestar Marwyn: Samuel L. Jackson

Did everyone forget that Sarella Sand is half-black? Her mother is from the Summer Isles, and "Alleras" is supposed to have curly black hair, dark eyes and skin the color of teal. So, a huge big "NO" to those casting choices.

Casting Game of Thrones with actors from Black Sails:

Jon Connington - Toby Stephens

Arianne Martell - Jessica Parker Kennedy

Victarion Greyjoy - Ray Stevenson

Daario Naharis (don't tell me he's in the show - show Daario is nothing like book Daario) - Zack McGowan (I think he's one of the very few people who could really pull off Book Daario, even blue hair and everything)

plus Cersei Lannister (I'm cheating here, but whatever) - Hannah New (when she's a few years older)

also:

Duncan the Tall - Tom Hopper

• 2 weeks later...

Arianne Martell- Freida Pinto

Jon Connington - Damian Lewis

Young Griff - Jaime Campbell Bower

Victarion Greyjoy - Richard Armitage

Aeron Greyjoy - Jon Campling

Marwyn- Tom Wilkinson

Willas Tyrell - Callum Blue

Moqorro - Adebale Akinowe Agebaje ( Not sure if that's the right name ) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tattered Prince - Gary Oldman

Harry Strickland - Ed Harris

Edric Storm- Freddie Highmore

Cotter Pyke - Ray Stevenson

Rolly Duckfield - Taron Edgerton

Darkstar - Todd Lasance

Daven Lannister - Vladimir Kulich

Harras Harlaw - Alexander Ludwig

Rodrik the Reader - Stellan Skarsgård

Drinkwater - Bradley James

Quentyn Martell - Rami Malek

Aurane Water - Charlie Hunham

Haldon - Jesper Christensen

• 7 months later...

Victarion Greyjoy - Nick Offerman (I know it sounds terrible, but think of how Ron Swanson-y his kings moot speech is. It's literally just: "If you liked what Balon was doing, then...uh...I'll give you more of the same. I guess. Vote me. Maybe.") 

Jon Connington - Gary Oldman 

Wyman Manderly - John Goodman 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For an alternative Euron Greyjoy, I'd pick Michael Kelly. Capture the sinister evil of Euron without making him indistinguishable from a crewman of the Sea Bitch.

For Victarion, Ray Stevenson is an excellent choice.

For Shavepate, I'd pick Ashraf Barhom. Tyrant didn't have much in the way of longevity, but he was great.

From the same show, Moran Atias would be my ideal choice for Elia Martell, and Sibylla Deen for Arianne

Archived