US Elections 2016

davos

Just now, TickleMyToes said:

Not even from the USA and my entire household is watching in horror at what is happening. Even if Trump loses, this says a shit ton about how the USA truly is.

Indeed. If Trump loses, I see the Republican party doubling down on the crazy (moreso than usual) next election.

3 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

Wisconsin looking bad. Clinton is only 13,000 down but 80-odd % of Milwaukee is already in and there's still plenty of squared off farmland out there uncounted.

Well, fuck.

Edit: Actually, Racine hasn't reported yet, at all, and from what I know of the city, it'll almost assuredly go Clinton. And it has a population of 195,000 (the county; the city has 80,000).

NC Senate race called for Burr. Not much attention getting paid to the Senate right now, which is understandable based on what's happening at the top of the ticket, but Democrats have very little chance at taking the Senate now. They need 3 out of the 4 of NH, PA, WI, and MO; plus hold NV.

21 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I think the misogynist element was a lot deeper in voters heart than most took account for is also a factor.

This was exactly the reason why I was convinced and terrified this was going to play out exactly how its playing out. A ridiculous amount of vile misogyny crawled out when Australia had a female PM and I couldnt shake my pessimism the same would happen there. Fucking hell I wanted to be wrong though

I woke up all ready to be laugh at how scared I'd been, ffs!

Michigan looks lost, and Wisconsin is tightening but not enough.

Clear advantage to Trump now. Arizona has close to 0 chances of flipping, New Hampshire looks on the way to be red... unless the tide turns in either Michigan or Wisconsin as the night goes, I now see few ways Clinton can still win. 

1 minute ago, karaddin said:

This was exactly the reason why I was convinced and terrified this was going to play out exactly how its playing out. A ridiculous amount of vile misogyny crawled out when Australia had a female PM and I couldnt shake my pessimism the same would happen there. Fucking hell I wanted to be wrong though

Seeing that misogyny also emerge in many people I thought of as liberal leaning also gave me a vibe that said 'be prepared for the worst'.

Just now, karaddin said:

Yep, it's been absolutely disgusting to see. The misogyny and racism going on, is mind boggling. 

Just now, The Great Unwashed said:

So what does a Democratic post-mortem look like?

Rural America puts a lot of stock in honesty. Of which Clinton has none. Trump is a flawed, flawed candidate, a blowhard and an asshole. But Rural America can identify with him, and maybe didnt want a return to the years of Clinton corruption. 

8 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

The last gap resurgence of the uneducated ignorant white man vote.

If that's the case, it was bound to happen eventually. May not be an unconscious dominant majority anymore, but if kicked back into political self-awareness it turns out they're within spitting distance of a plurality.

Just now, Frog Eater said:

Rural America puts a lot of stock in honesty. Of which Clinton has none. Trump is a flawed, flawed candidate, a blowhard and an asshole. But Rural America can identify with him, and maybe didnt want a return to the years of Clinton corruption. 

Okay, I can get how people think Clinton is dishonest. But TRUMP?

I think rural America puts a lot of stock in white supremacy.

Archived