NFL Conference Championships: where the presumed MVP is the least accomplished QB

DanteGabriel

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

and everyone's favorite solo act Griff Whalen.

Who not only could win a ring this year with the Patriots but also expose himself as the ultimate mole of all time. 

1 minute ago, Jaime L said:

Who not only could win a ring this year with the Patriots but also expose himself as the ultimate mole of all time. 

I will have you know that I have more talent and more intelligence in my little finger, ...I , than you do in your entire body. Sir! 

One day we'll refer to the Julio Jones as the black Chris Hogan. 

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I will have you know that I have more talent and more intelligence in my little finger, ...I , than you do in your entire body. Sir! 

You should apply for the Colts GM opening then. This most recent coke bender seems to have Jim Irsay more openminded and with less of a plan than I've ever seen him. 

1 minute ago, Jaime L said:

You should apply for the Colts GM opening then. This most recent coke bender seems to have Jim Irsay more openminded and with less of a plan than I've ever seen him. 

You look like a blueberry!

2 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I don't know, I'm getting the impression he's got Pey-Pey all lined up. And I don't mean that he's chopped him up a line. Although I suppose that's not off the table.

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You look like a blueberry!

You're a smelly pirate hooker! 

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I don't know, I'm getting the impression he's got Pey-Pey all lined up. And I don't mean that he's chopped him up a line. Although I suppose that's not off the table.

Nope!

Well, that's game, let's all go home.

One thing I am ecstatic about is that the Falcons made the Superbowl. I don't think I could have handled 2 weeks of how great Rodgers is.  My Lions fandom is showing, I know, but holy shit the last few weeks has been horrible with the praise.

A Falcons/Patriots superbowl should be entertaining.  Shame the Falcons won't get there first superbowl win this year though.

3 minutes ago, Fiddler said:

A Falcons/Patriots superbowl should be entertaining.  Shame the Falcons won't get there first superbowl win this year though.

I'm not seeing anything from the Patriots yet that suggests this. They were only marginally better than the Steelers in the first half and once Pittsburgh figured out that they should pass more and rush less, New England has not been able to stop them (well, except for that goal line stand). It's entirely possible that the Steelers win this, but even if not, given that the Patriots are having so much trouble with Roethlisberger, why do you think that they'd be able to stop Ryan? I acknowledge that part of it was that Green Bay was crippled by injuries, but even accounting for that, Atlanta looked much more dominant than either of the AFC teams.

6 minutes ago, Fiddler said:

Well, that's game, let's all go home.

One thing I am ecstatic about is that the Falcons made the Superbowl. I don't think I could have handled 2 weeks of how great Rodgers is.  My Lions fandom is showing, I know, but holy shit the last few weeks has been horrible with the praise.

I agree with the Rodgers love, a bit nauseating, probably more so for you with your team in the same division.  I'm a Patriots fan, so I'm hesitant to call it so soon, but I get it, they tend to win these type of games.  The Falcons, though, looked impressive, they absolutely have the talent to beat New England, if the moment isn't too big for them, this year I don't think it is.  I agree Belicheck-Brady aren't likely to get blown out like McCarthy-Rodgers.  I'd actually be a little bit surprised if the Falcons were not favored in that matchup.  Again, the Pats have another half to play against a strong Steelers team.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Meanwhile the Colts went to absurd lengths to try and have one pan out. It started with Austin Colle (who was actually good besides the concussions), then a guy literally named Blair White, and everyone's favorite solo act Griff Whalen.

The Patriots signed Austin Collie after the Colts cut him, because of course they did.

31 minutes ago, Altherion said:

I'm not seeing anything from the Patriots yet that suggests this. They were only marginally better than the Steelers in the first half and once Pittsburgh figured out that they should pass more and rush less, New England has not been able to stop them (well, except for that goal line stand). It's entirely possible that the Steelers win this, but even if not, given that the Patriots are having so much trouble with Roethlisberger, why do you think that they'd be able to stop Ryan? I acknowledge that part of it was that Green Bay was crippled by injuries, but even accounting for that, Atlanta looked much more dominant than either of the AFC teams.

I just have a hard time picking against B&B.  Granted, those picks didn't work out well against the Giants twice, but I just believe Bellicheck will come up with something to slow the Falcons down some what.

Archived