[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

ALSO.....

Hot Pie refers to the blowing of the Sept of Baelor.

Which means, people know Cersei did it.

Come on, people! It bugged me, but I was ready to accept that she covered up an investigation on what happened (there must've have been one), and we were spared of the details, and there was only a few remnants that theorized that the "Blowing of the Sept of Baelor was an inside job".

But to know that even a not so bright bloke that bakes pies in a shack on the middle of the woods knows she did it, puts things in perspective. No one bothered to bring that up, like, ever? She's talking about the mad king's attrocities, like, weeks after she did what she did. Also, religion was estabilished to be important for the people of KL.

Come on! Those types of intrigues were what was really interesting about this show in the first place.

Now that the episode has had time to sink in:

After the Arbor Gold thing I'm not surprised that they overlooked the fact that Greyscale deadens sensation. Like, shouldn't that stone skin not have feeling since the first sign of infection is a loss of feeling in the extremities that works its way inward? His case is pretty advanced. I get that Sam was removing chunks of skin, but based on the books I'd have thought he wouldn't have felt it nearly to that degree. It was like Jaime when Qyburn removed the putrefied flesh on Jaime's arm, only Jaime was allowed to scream and also had milk of the poppy.

George has already said that you don't create a massive wolf pack without there being payoff, so if it's in the show it must be really important since they love to leave out the Direwolves at any given opportunity. Pretty sure the whole point was just to remind the viewers that Nymeria is alive and a thing, since there are no Arya wolf dreams to do that.

As I previously mentioned, I hate Grey Worm/Missandei. I can't cope with the aging up of child characters so they can have sex.

It was cathartic to see the Sand Snakes go down (serves Nym right for using a whip on a ship), but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy Cersei torturing 'Ellaria', because her torture methods are too extreme. I don't want to see any more Mountain rape. I also like Yara/Asha (in spite of the stupid thrown in lesbian thing) and don't want to see her subjected to Cersei.

Speaking of Yara - they had her fight with a sword? I think her suckling babe would object to that. Her whole thing is axes and they gave her a damn sword.

As other people have said, why the hell did Dany wait until Dragonstone to bring up Varys' loyalty?

Didn't mean for this to turn into a rant. I did actually like the Hot Pie scene and the battle, although I wish it was a bit better lit. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Obviously in the next episode, or the one after, Arya is gonna get attacked by someone and will almost get killed, but Nymeria will come to the rescue.

Also, why was she such a distant bitch to Hot Pie? Last episode, she was all warm and cheerful with Ed Lannisteeran, now she sees an old friend and treats him like he has dogshit on his face.

The Grey Worm/Missandei sex scene was probably the fillerest filler in the whole show. But at least we saw the actress naked.

The timing of the Dany/Varys scene was awkward, but I understand that they wanted to do it, yet couldn't find a place in S6 to squeeze it in. But they should haveiat least had Varys wait for her in Westeros instead of travelling with her then.

Edited by TheSerb

1 hour ago, LyannaStargaryen said:

Can anyone tell me what we are supposed to surmise or predict from the Arya-Nymeria pseudo reunion scene?  It felt unfinished and odd.  Is Arya realizing her way forward is not North since Nymeria rejected that idea?  Just confused here.

I thought it was about Arya finally parting with her direwolf and going to join her human pack.

1 hour ago, ValrianSunni said:

I think Yara was one of them. Hanging by the neck as Theon/Reek swims away.

I think it was Obara and Nym.  Ellaria, Tyene, and Yara were taken as gifts to Cersei.

1 hour ago, Lord Godric said:

This was a good episode, I don't know if i liked it more than last weeks but it had one of the best scenes in the entire series imo, that between Varys and Dany at the beginning. FINALLY, some character growth from Dany and I loved the bit about telling her if she's not whats best for the people for Westeros. 

As for the Euron and Yara stuff, it was to be expected. I knew going into the episode that they were the gift, so it wasn't much of a shock for me. I do think it felt a bit rushed to introduce the plot and then pretty much destroy that plan. 

I also enjoyed the Dany/Varys scene, though, as others have said, it should have happened earlier.

I think that Euron was open to Ellaria, Tyrion, or Dany as the gift and took the first one he found. 

12 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I'm still not sold on their Euron.  The actor portrays what D&D want well enough, but...it's not Euron.  That's not Silence.  Seriously where the fuck is 'Crow's Eye'.  This is no "tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood". Their Euron is the villain from Pirates of the Caribbean 7

LOL.  I also thought of Pirates of the Caribbean when I saw his arrival.  But I did enjoy the scene.

I enjoyed the episode overall, despite the odd choices of timing mentioned by other posters and the fact that many characters are being wasted right now. 

I used the Missendei/Greyworm scene as an opportunity to get dinner.  I then watched through my fingers (like a horror movie) in case D&D decided to punish those who have complained about the imbalance of male/female nudity by showing us what a eunuch looks like.  

And can someone just hand Alfie Allen an award, please?  In very little screen time, he continues to impress as Theon.  I really need him to have a heroic ending--dying to save someone!

Cannot WAIT to see Cersei's reaction to the gift.

2 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

Also, why was she such a distant bitch to Hot Pie? Last episode, she was all warm and cheerful with Ed Lannisteeran, now she sees an old friend and treats him like he has dogshit on his face.

They are fictional characters, they are not real 

9 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

lol so everyone knows Cersei blew everybody up but people are still stupidly loyal to her including jaime??
guess they forgot this scene

yet when it waas the starks it was all "fuck the starks they did nothing the boltons are better" 

Well they essentially nerf'ed Jaime's character last season and are only just now starting his "damn this woman is evil" storyline. 

• Pilou is terrific as Euron
  • Kit and Sophie both gave terrific performances. Maisie's scene with Nymeria was very good, but I found her performance in the tavern scene to be a tad bit. . . odd. Also, what's up with her accent? She sounded different to me
  • I'm not a big fan of Emilia's acting, but you can tell how hard she was trying in this episode. It was kind of weird how so many people kept bringing up how much of a monster her father was to her. And Olenna's advice is all but certainly going to screw her over
  • I'm glad Tyrion addressed Myrcella's murder in this episode. However, I don't think it makes much sense for him to not show any concern for the possible murder of his beloved brother
  • Melisandre speaking in Valyrian, then the Common Tongue, and then back to Valyrian again was rather excessive
  • I kept waiting for Tyrion to mention the fact that he had been married to Jon Snow's sister, but for some reason he never thought to bring that up
  • The love scene between Grey Worm and Missandei was surprisingly well-done
  • It was heartbreaking to see Yara defending and praising Theon only to then have him abandon her a few minutes later
  • I think it was obvious in this episode that Sansa is terrified of something happening to Jon, and she was clearly stunned that he had enough faith in her to leave her in charge of Winterfell. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, their half-wave goodbye echoed Jaime and Brienne's from last season

23 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

She's returning home, but I think the scene with Nymeria was about showing you that Winterfell isn't "her" anymore. I don't expect her reunion with any of her siblings to be happy and warm either. 

They needed to re-introduce the dire wolves. Given how expensive they are, they won't have done it on a whim. 

My take on it was that reconnecting with Nymeria means the exact opposite, she is reconnecting with her family, the family she lost after she lost Nymeria.

3 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

Obviously in the next episode, or the one after, Arya is gonna get attacked by someone and will almost get killed, but Nymeria will come to the rescue.

The Grey Worm/Missandei sex scene was probably the fillerest filler in the whole show. But at least we saw the actress naked.

Well there is the theory that Lightbringer is Grey Worms's cock and that he will be restored by the lord of light.