NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Perhaps he's the next Kellen Moore!

ETA:  I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me.

Well, he's like 5 inches taller than Kellen Moore but what do I know, short QB's are IN these days! :P And Moore is now a QB coach with them now. 

In all seriousness, Vander Esch seems like he could be a good player but I'm leery about drafting ANOTHER linebacker with injury issues. All 3 projected starters have injury concerns. Evans seemed like a safer pick but damn Vander Esch is huge and fast. We shall see. 

Mike McGlinchey?  When the Niners had so many other needs.  I wanted to post a youtube clip of this, but I guess I'll just have to quote West Wing: 

Christopher Mulready?  No!!! - Josiah Bartlet

Oh well.  Going o-line is almost always a good idea, buy oye.  There were better players at more immediate needs.

Damn looked like it was taking everything in him to focus on staying up. The progress is unreal. I know he wants to come back and play someday but I hope for his sake he doesn't. I'm sure he has a lot of opportunities outside the game. 

Don't know much about our pick besides espn pointing out ten times that his bro also went in the first round. Can't wait for the 30 for 30 on that. We need secondary help so I like the pick. Turning the page from Mike Mitchell can only mean better things. Only thing that concerns me is that they're talking him up as a big hitter in the middle of the field. That'd be cool if this was 2003 and we drafted Roy Williams, but big hitting safeties don't have the same value they used to due to defensive rule changes for hits to the head. Seems like every time you see one of those big hits it's followed by a yellow flag. Seems like he has pass defending skill too so that's a plus. Once again, better than Mike Mitchell...

3 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I'm sorry, Brian, but I'm so happy that Ward is now off the board.

Hey, at least we weren't the team that traded up for Josh Allen.

At any rate, I spent the draft getting drunk like any true Browns fan.  The bar near me did 2.40 drafts since the Panthers picked 24th.  They had a 13% beer on tap.  Was fun.  

What are we talking about again?

It seemed clear Ridley was gonna fall, but I'm surprised how far.  That dude was in the top 10-15 in most mocks for most of the season.  Good on the Falcons for getting him at 26.  I think Lamar Jackson is as good as, if not better, than the four QBs picked before him.  Good on the Ravens for picking him up.  Maybe they can try to rid thyselves of Flacco in the next year two, dunno how that contract works out.  Derwin James was a good value at 17 for the Chargers.  Then there's the Browns.  Man..just man.  I have friends that are Cleveland fans.  And just man.  Next time I see em I have to buy shots out of pity.

I think we should pour one out for the Bills, who traded up for Josh Allen when Josh Rosen was still on the board.  Is there any way the Browns can trade for their first next year?  Because there's no way that McCarron/Allen combo wins more than four games.  

Archived