Iskaral Pust

Football: CLeaning up

Heh, Newcastle go three up. Rafa really has done an incredible job there especially when you consider how much he was restricted in the transfer market. If they hold onto this result they will be the first newly promoted side since West Ham in 2012/2013 to finish in the top half of the table. 

Spurs v. Leicester is a great game. Spurs now 4-3 up after being 3-1 down. 

Are Chelsea not bothered? (No disrespect to Newcastle).  I hope they’re just saving themselves to win the FA cup instead.

It’s slightly galling that Spurs look set to finish above us but that’s the cost of reaching a CL final. 

Posted (edited)

Willian was voted Chelsea’s players’ player of the year this season. What must those players think about Conte when they watch him drop Willian for the final game of the season - the man they think has been the best player on their team?

Edited by JordanJH1993

Chelsea had a CL spot on the line, yeah?

Newcastle have looked so good and Chelsea so completely disinterested. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Chelsea had a CL spot on the line, yeah?

Sort of. I doubt they were really holding out much hope of Brighton winning at Anfield, especially given Brighton didn’t even put out their strongest side. Still, not a great effort leading into the FA cup final.

Great effort from City to reach 100 points. They’ve been fantastic this year.

ETA: One of the main problems with the Premier League this season for me has been the lack of a real tier of good solidly mid table teams. Hopefully Rafa will get some money to spend in the summer and maybe Newcastle will be one next season. 

Edited by ljkeane

Meh. Worst season ever. 

Well, I couldn’t watch the game today. Thank goodness.

Neither us nor West Ham had much to play for other than pride - and, given that Samuele’s on the sideline, I’d prefer the team to leave pride behind (he has, ages ago) and play to lose him. Permanently. 

#SamueletostaybehindinLondon!

12 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

ETA: One of the main problems with the Premier League this season for me has been the lack of a real tier of good solidly mid table teams. Hopefully Rafa will get some money to spend in the summer and maybe Newcastle will be one next season.  

Yeah. Pretty much literally only two, Leicester and Everton and even they were at risk for a while, unless you count Arsenal and Burnley.

16 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Meh. Worst season ever. 

Time to get behind Arteta...

Brighton were halfway to the beach today, but we still looked very sharp. Glad to see fatigue seems to have been the biggest reason for the drop in quality over the past 2-3 weeks. 

Great goal by Solanke, really hope he can kick on next season and push for a berth in the starting lineup.

Lallana looked very sharp. Mané looks like he's finding his form (just the finishing missing now), and Gini looks like he's relishing the physical aspect of the game more and more.

Bring on the CL final. If we start like we did today, we could have a chance of blitzing Real into submission before they realise the game's begun.

18 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Time to get behind Arteta...

It's looking increasingly likely. By all accounts, he is an excellent coach. But right now I think I'd prefer someone with some actual management experience and let Arteta hang with Pep for a few seasons more.