US Politics: Follow the Money!

Fragile Bird

WWhen’s the last time you heard any Trump supporters talking about the need to understand those left of them politically? You haven’t, and that should tell you something, that they are selfish individuals that live in a bubble and want to be catered to.

1 hour ago, Sword of Doom said:

WWhen’s the last time you heard any Trump supporters talking about the need to understand those left of them politically? You haven’t, and that should tell you something, that they are selfish individuals that live in a bubble and want to be catered to.

Yah -- these are the sorts that believe 199% in telling other people what to do, what to think, to stay in their place, sit down and shut up -- and indeed, don't believe other people have either capacity or right to think at all.  They also believe in killing those who don't think like them -- or at the least it's their right to do so, because they are entitled and everyone else is either to be used by them or scum to eradicate.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Yah -- these are the sorts that believe 199% in telling other people what to do, what to think, to stay in their place, sit down and shut up -- and indeed, don't believe other people have either capacity or right to think at all.  They also believe in killing those who don't think like them -- or at the least it's their right to do so, because they are entitled and everyone else is either to be used by them or scum to eradicate.

Yup, they're fascists, end of story. 

7 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/israeli-forces-kill-dozens-of-palestinians-amid-gaza-protest.html

Dozens of Palestinians Shot Dead by Israeli Forces Amid Gaza Protest

This is disgusting! Those filthy Palestinians had the audacity to kill 50 harmless Israeli protesters?! Why do we put up with those evil scum? Someone should raid all of their aid ships and strip search the journalists on-board, immediately! Let's roll out the tanks and flatten all of their houses and throw them into the sea of Galilee!

Oh hang a minute... it was Israeli snipers who fired at the Palestinian protesters. That makes it all okay.

Just now, Yukle said:

This is disgusting! Those filthy Palestinians had the audacity to kill 50 harmless Israeli protesters?! Why do we put up with those evil scum? Someone should raid all of their aid ships and strip search the journalists on-board, immediately! Let's roll out the tanks and flatten all of their houses and throw them into the sea of Galilee!

Oh hang a minute... it was Israeli snipers who fired at the Palestinian protesters. That makes it all okay.

I'm struggling to think of anything that's made me as angry as this recently. Precisely the scenes we all knew would happen the moment Trump announced his plans to move the embassy. And seeing his spawn glad-handing and eating expensive food whilst those poor people were being murdered was absolutely sickening.

Speaking at the opening of the new U.S. embassy in Jerusalem, Jared Kushner made a passing reference to Monday’s carnage in the Gaza Strip, where at least 52 Palestinian protesters were shot and killed by Israeli security forces in the worst violence there in almost four years.

“As we have seen from the protests of the last month and even today, those provoking violence are part of the problem and not part of the solution,” Kushner said.

The notion that Israeli forces were blameless in the ongoing violence, even as their role has been been condemned by human-rights groups and several governments over the last several weeks, is consistent with a White House that backs Benjamin Netanyahu’s heavy-handed tactics at every turn. Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah said on Monday that the deaths amounted to a “propaganda attempt” by Hamas, the militant organization that controls Gaza.

Still, Kushner’s remark was sufficiently callous that it was excised from the official White House transcript.

Jared Kushner Says Gaza Protesters Are ‘Part of the Problem’

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/jared-kushner-says-gaza-protesters-are-part-of-the-problem.html

6 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

This Trump voter is reading Solzhenitsyn right now. I was a bit hesitant to mention it here because while it does a great job helping one understand the left in practice, I'm a bit fearful some of you would see it as more of a how-to manual.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Still, Kushner’s remark was sufficiently callous that it was excised from the official White House transcript.

Jared Kushner Says Gaza Protesters Are ‘Part of the Problem’

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/jared-kushner-says-gaza-protesters-are-part-of-the-problem.html

If they weren't there, they wouldn't be dead. People should know not to protest about stuff, because protesting will get you killed. Ergo protesters are part of the problem. No protests, no problem.

10 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

This Trump voter...

Why?

What appeals to you most of all?

The corruption, including all cabinet members who have been investigated so far being connected to Russia?

The nepotism? The snake oil? The justification of literal Nazis marching in the USA chanting, "Jews will not replace us!" (which seems very eerie now)?

The tax cuts for the wealthy?

The woman leading the education department who lacks an education?

The global warming denialist leading the EPA?

The comically stupid lies about his affairs, his voting record, his penis size?

His deranged call to Fox News which showed his unhinged mental state?

His insistence that a black man was an illegitimate President?

His decision to leave the Iran deal, acting as though the USA - and only the USA - is allowed to have any vested interests?

19 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

This Trump voter is reading Solzhenitsyn right now. I was a bit hesitant to mention it here because while it does a great job helping one understand the left in practice, I'm a bit fearful some of you would see it as more of a how-to manual.

That's a good one (I genuinely found your comment funny).

And it does make sense for you to read Solzhenitsyn if you voted for Trump since they shared a certain love for Putin.

34 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

That's a good one (I genuinely found your comment funny).

And it does make sense for you to read Solzhenitsyn if you voted for Trump since they shared a certain love for Putin.

Wanna play Trump voter bingo?

Arrange the following on a 3 by 3 grid:

Shillary was worse

MSM bias

Crooked CNN

Witch hunt

Fake polls

fake news

liberal sulking

Snowflakes

Democrats spend

See who can get bingo first.

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I'm struggling to think of anything that's made me as angry as this recently. Precisely the scenes we all knew would happen the moment Trump announced his plans to move the embassy. And seeing his spawn glad-handing and eating expensive food whilst those poor people were being murdered was absolutely sickening.

The Netanyahu government knows that with their friend Trump in White House, they can murder with impunity.

6 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Netanyahu government knows that with their friend Trump in White House, they can murder with impunity.

Israel has been able to murder with impunity for decades. They don't need Trump in the white house to do that.

10 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

Almost never. At the same time, I've certainly never heard you ever talking about the need to understand those to the right of you. I'm not even saying you necessarily have to to be "morally correct," but at the same time, this is such an overtly bullshit, hypocritical stance to take. Not surprising at all. 

1 hour ago, IamMe90 said:

Almost never. At the same time, I've certainly never heard you ever talking about the need to understand those to the right of you. I'm not even saying you necessarily have to to be "morally correct," but at the same time, this is such an overtly bullshit, hypocritical stance to take. Not surprising at all. 

To be fair, every other week there's a high profile 'What Trump Voters Feel' piece somewhere. Nobody gives a fuck how the people who want equality feel.

I'm honestly curious as to why the NYT and other papers are so heavily writing these stories. Are those articles really generating a lot of profitable traffic? Are the journalists writing them just so weirded out that these nice people could be Trump supporters still that they keep picking at it? 

I guess it could be a narrative. It wouldn't be the first time that the mainstream political press in the US became fixated on a narrative about a person or people, and then could only be budged with great pressure and time from it (see "Paul Ryan, conservative policy wonk and Serious Man"). The narrative seems to be that the White Working Class voted for Trump because of economic pain. 

Archived