Marvel Cinematic Universe 9: Returning to the Fold

Rhom

Watching season 2 of GLOW now and all I can think is if they don't let Marc Maron play Stan Lee in a biopic it's be one of the hugest missed opportunities in film history.

Some of my favorite Marvel moments*** :

Pretty much every Stan Lee cameo, but I think Age of Ultron's is my absolute favorite.

First after credits scene in Iron Man.

Cap's chase after Hydra spy right after he's "born".

Black Widow meets Bruce Banner in Avengers.

"Puny god"

Fake Mandarin (I know I'll get in trouble for this one but I really loved this and Ben Kingsley's portrayal "ole, ole, ole, ole!" 

Elevator scene in Winter Soldier.

Dr. Zola scene in Winter Soldier.

Black Widow in disquise/stand off scene in Winter Soldier.

Jules' bible quote on Fury's headstone in Winter Soldier.

"Come and Get Your Love" opening in Guardians Vol. 1

Jail Break in Guardians 1

Every Groot scene in Guardians 1.

"Howard The Duck" end credits scene.

Young Robert Downey Jr. on Civil War

Black Panther motor cycle chase in Cicil War.

Splash page show down in Civil War.

Hank Pym, Peggy Carter, and Howard Stark scene in Ant Man

Garrett Morris cameo in Ant Man.

Young Kurt Russel in Guradians Vol. 2

Yondo's death scene in Guardians 2

Loki-Oden in Ragnarok.

Loki's reaction to Hulk on Ragnorok

Loki's Reaction to Hulk God Smashing Thor in Ragnarok.

Pretty much all Loki scenes.

***Have not yet seen:

The Incredible Hulk

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant Man and The Wasp

7 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I've seen a lot of support for Gunn from the right, actuality. Which makes me think reality is just about read to break.

I thought whatever side of the political spectrum people are on they'd have an issue with bad "jokes" being misinterpreted/represented as endorsements/facts. I'd think the folk on the right who have the "I can say what I want" mentality are probably more protective of free speech than the far left in a warped sense. It's only the crazy right (and left to be fair) who think only they/and those they agree with should be able to say what they want.

"free speech" doesn't mean your immune to being fired for what you have said but losing your job for Terrible jokes (when it's really revenge for your political comments) is a indicative of a great cost to what you say. Most people probably have some digital comment somewhere that could land them in trouble in this current climate. Their only shield being their relative obscurity - I doubt Disney would fire any member of staff who had similar tweets simply because they are "nobodies" who aren't targets.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

I thought whatever side of the political spectrum people are on they'd have an issue with bad "jokes" being misinterpreted/represented as endorsements/facts. I'd think the folk on the right who have the "I can say what I want" mentality are probably more protective of free speech than the far left in a warped sense. It's only the crazy right (and left to be fair) who think only they/and those they agree with should be able to say what they want.

You're fucking high if you think these guys give a shit about protecting free speech.  Both-sidiesm is nonsense too.

12 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh and a great Marvel moment is when Keaton figure out Peter Parker is Spider-Man in like 30 seconds.

It's amazing how you can tell the exact moment he realises, despite the fact that he doesn't say a word  the whole time.

Seems a bit odd that Gunn gets sacked for bad taste jokes tweeted years ago he apologised for, while Down Jnr Is the linchpin of the series despite his very checkered past and time in jail.

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

You're fucking high if you think these guys give a shit about protecting free speech.  Both-sidiesm is nonsense too.

I was responding to Darth Richard's comment that he was surprised how many people on the right were supporting Gunn not the ones who landed Gunn in trouble. I don't find it that surprising.

13 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Seems a bit odd that Gunn gets sacked for bad taste jokes tweeted years ago he apologised for, while Down Jnr Is the linchpin of the series despite his very checkered past and time in jail.

Maybe he hasn't upset the wrong people? Or maybe he's too important to Disney?

Hopefully Disney will realise they over reacted here rather than culling all talent who work for them with dubious Twitter history.

In MCU/TV news Jeph Loeb was again reiterating that all the current TV shows are set prior to the click and that they won't mention it until avengers 4 addresses it. Does make me wonder if there will be a time undoing resolution so the shows don't have to deal with the snap event. I've just been watching "the leftovers" and 2% of the population disappearing screwed the survivors over - I dread to think how a society would process 50% loss even if it was temporary

41 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Is Downey Jr's past offensive or obscure?  The Gunn tweets were dragged up because they are offensive and apparently not everyone knew of them so they could be freshly shocked and appalled, and Disney would have to respond to the outrage.

One of the selling points I've seen for Iron Man, one of the reasons people love the character and the whole gestalt, is that Robert Downey Jr and Tony Stark are very similar!

8 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Watching season 2 of GLOW now and all I can think is if they don't let Marc Maron play Stan Lee in a biopic it's be one of the hugest missed opportunities in film history.

Some of my favorite Marvel moments*** :

Fake Mandarin (I know I'll get in trouble for this one but I really loved this and Ben Kingsley's portrayal "ole, ole, ole, ole!" 

I absolutely loved that as well.

I mean Downey Jr. was just an addict and supposedly has been clean for years. I don't recall him ever hurting anyone or anything. Most people are pretty understanding about addiction provided you eventually get your shit together. 

1 hour ago, red snow said:

In MCU/TV news Jeph Loeb was again reiterating that all the current TV shows are set prior to the click and that they won't mention it until avengers 4 addresses it. Does make me wonder if there will be a time undoing resolution so the shows don't have to deal with the snap event. I've just been watching "the leftovers" and 2% of the population disappearing screwed the survivors over - I dread to think how a society would process 50% loss even if it was temporary

I love that show. I really wanted to get a season of Agents of Shield that was basically a marvel version of The Leftovers but it looks like that isn't happening. :(

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I was responding to Darth Richard's comment that he was surprised how many people on the right were supporting Gunn not the ones who landed Gunn in trouble. I don't find it that surprising.

I know.

I was listening to some commentary on this today.  Is it true that Gunn deleted those tweets long before this episode ever happened?

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I mean Downey Jr. was just an addict and supposedly has been clean for years. I don't recall him ever hurting anyone or anything. Most people are pretty understanding about addiction provided you eventually get your shit together. 

Downey also did time.  He had a bit of a comeback in Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, but before Iron Man, he was not exactly a sought-after commodity in Hollywood.

Rian Johnson apparently deleted over 20,000 tweets over the weekend. At least according to someone who supposedly had a total count of his tweets, and noticing the number going from about 22k to just 1100 in a few days. I wonder if Disney sent out a directive to all their (major) employees instructing them to start regular tweet purges as a practice, as a way of trying to avoid another similar situation. I don't think Johnson said anything in his tweets that was at the level of bad jokes Gunn had said.

6 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah I saw that. I find it pretty unlikely that RJ said anything that could be used as ammo in this fashion considering that, well, it would have a while ago.

Also, 20k tweets...I hope he used a program for that.

Legend says Johnson is still sitting on his couch, thumbing on his phone, delete, delete, delete... :P

30 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah I saw that. I find it pretty unlikely that RJ said anything that could be used as ammo in this fashion considering that, well, it would have a while ago.

Also, 20k tweets...I hope he used a program for that.

8.64 seconds to evaluate each tweet and delete or not... for 48 hours straight.  It could happen.

Did he even have that many?  Is there any solid source for this?

On 7/25/2018 at 2:22 PM, TheKitttenGuard said:

"Mr. Stark, I don't feel so Good" Spiderman and Iron Man- The Avengers: Inifnity War

I just hope aunt May was also taken. She would die of heart brake anyway, and at least the Thanos way is relatively painless.

Archived