WHEEL OF TIME tv show: Go on,tug my braid!

AncalagonTheBlack

7 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Going with the GoT example it's important for a big name or two to be prominent in Season 1 to draw in the casual audience. As Moiraine is more or less the lead character for book 1 / season 1 it makes sens that if Pike is the biggest name to be cast for season 1 that she would be Moiraine.

She might disappear in later books, but that doesn't mean she must disappear in the corresponding season. Though part of the allure for picking up a part in a series that could run for a decade might be that she could get an entire season off part way through.

Just have Thom daydream fondly of her whenever he looks upon her letter ;) 

16 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Ha!.... I was coming here to post this.... she is perfect. .... off to a great start.

Absolutely great. I am super excited... Such a talented actress...

One of the best possible candidates who's price hasn't been hiked by an Oscar win. She would have made for a Brilliant Yennefer in The Witcher, but I guess Netflix blew its entire star power budget on Henry Cavill. Personally I have more confidence in Pike carrying WOT as the lead than Cavill carrying The Witcher, even though I'm very happy with Cavill being Geralt. She's just a better actor.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:52 PM, Corvinus said:

At the risk of sounding superficial, I would like Lanfear to be played by a woman that can stun with her looks. I don't see Pike in that role. Preferably get a raven-haired woman. Back in the day, like 10 years ago, I was envisioning Catherine Zeta-Jones. 

That's who I used to envision too. That's not superficial. Lanfear is repeatedly described as the most beautiful woman anyone has ever seen.

I think Rosamund Pike could be an awesome Moiraine. She is so talented and I think she could really bring Moiraine's  commanding presence to the screen. I hope they have her wear a brunette wig and brown contacts. For us book fans, it would be jarring to see a blond Moiraine. And besides, she is supposed to be strikingly pretty, and the dark hair and eyes with Rosamund's fair skin would be much more striking than her natural coloring. It's kind of a bummer she's so tall since Moiraine's short stature is one of her definining features, and I think emphasizes that it is her strength of character, wisdom and power that makes her presence so dominating and intimidating. But it will make casting all Cairienen easier if they don't all have to be short.

31 minutes ago, fionwe1987 said:

That is, firstly, utterly unrealistic. But also a pretty terrible fit. She's a good actress, but angry is not a word I'd ever use to describe her.

She's an actress.  She can certainly handle basic emotions like anger, or anything else required for the character.

Archived