NBA 2019 - Now the Joy in My World is in Zion

Relic

3 hours ago, Relic said:

3 teams lost homecourt advantage in Day 1 of the playoffs. Pretty exciting. 

Until you remember the one team that didn't is going to cruise to another title, probably only dropping two or three games total along the way.  The East is at least going to be mildly interesting for the first time in almost a decade, although unfortunately that came at my team's expense.  :lol:

But of course the East is just playing for the right to get their ass kicked by the Warriors.  

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Until you remember the one team that didn't is going to cruise to another title, probably only dropping two or three games total along the way.  The East is at least going to be mildly interesting for the first time in almost a decade, although unfortunately that came at my team's expense.  :lol:

But of course the East is just playing for the right to get their ass kicked by the Warriors.  

yeah, well whatever. its the journey, not the destination, or so they say. hopefully this is the last year of the Hegemony. 

I am a Magic fan and I am very happy we made the playoffs instead of another year of hoping for a lottery luck. I thought so even before yesterday's great win. We'd most likely lose the series, but I am fine with it. Tanking is way overrated and not being in the playoffs for so long really sucks. And our management doesn't want to go into full tank mode anyway because it hurts their bottomline.

Sucks losing home court, sucks even worse watching it happen in person.  I had never been to a playoff game before, I was nervous all game and with good reason it turned out.  I still think the Nuggets are the better team (how many three point shots can play ring around the rim in one game?) but the experience thing is real.

Luckily Jokic answered some questions, tossing out an easy triple double against a constant double, sometimes triple team.  His scoring line wasn't high but he was making the right pass each time.  He honestly should have had 20 assists with how wide open guys were shooting from.  Why the ball wasn't in his hand when the Nugget's were down by 1 with 13 seconds left stupefies me.  Instead I see Murry, cold all game, jack a 17 foot jumper.

Pop out-coached Malone, which isn't a surprise at all.  And the Spurs made their 3 pointers.  Hopefully I don't see the same result Tuesday.  The stress might kill me.  

5 hours ago, David Selig said:

I am a Magic fan and I am very happy we made the playoffs instead of another year of hoping for a lottery luck. I thought so even before yesterday's great win. We'd most likely lose the series, but I am fine with it. Tanking is way overrated and not being in the playoffs for so long really sucks. And our management doesn't want to go into full tank mode anyway because it hurts their bottomline.

Yeah, tanking can be good if you pick the right guys and hire the right guy to shepherd them, but most teams that end up picking high on a regular basis are doing so because their organization as a whole sucks, which means they're probably not adept at picking the right guys or hiring the right coaches.  

I think the Rockets actually have a decent shot against the Warriors this year, they have been sensational late in the season and last night they demolished a strong Jazz team with ease. Ever since Capela and CP3 returned from their injuries their defence has been really strong (Top 2 after the All-Star break) and offensively Harden is just dominating and forcing teams into giving up easy wide open looks and even layups for his teammates. Chris Paul looks really good too, hopefully he can stay healthy this year. And Danuel House has been a great pickup.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:41 PM, briantw said:

Best part:

"Is that Andrew's heart?!?"
"Nah, too big."

I hate you.

On another note, Zion has made it official. Now it's up to god to make sure he doesn't get picked by Cleveland. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I hate you.

On another note, Zion has made it official. Now it's up to god to make sure he doesn't get picked by Cleveland. 

What would that be?  Four number one picks since 2003?

Besides... we all know the Lakers are winning the lottery don’t we?

If my Bulls are forcibly removed from the equation, I really hope he lands in Atlanta. That would be the most entertaining team in the league. Other than those two results I'd be happy about, I could also get behind NOLA getting him, just to see the schadenfreude of confusion with Davis. I spent 8 years in NYC with suffering Knicks fans, so I wouldn't hate it if he went there (and they kept him). I sorely hope he does not end up on Cleveland, Phoenix, or Boston, and will pretty much break my own skull on a wall if the Lakers get him.

You are right.  Zion in Atlanta would be a blast.  I didn't think about that possibility.

Ok, which teams are in trouble?

Sixers for obvious reasons, even if they bounce back today.  Pistons, Clippers and Jazz are dead I think.

I still believe in the nuggets and raptors.  I think both have better rosters. 

I still wouldn't put money down on the Thunder/Blazer's series at all, if any is going seven that is the one.

14 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

If my Bulls are forcibly removed from the equation, I really hope he lands in Atlanta. That would be the most entertaining team in the league. Other than those two results I'd be happy about, I could also get behind NOLA getting him, just to see the schadenfreude of confusion with Davis. I spent 8 years in NYC with suffering Knicks fans, so I wouldn't hate it if he went there (and they kept him). I sorely hope he does not end up on Cleveland, Phoenix, or Boston, and will pretty much break my own skull on a wall if the Lakers get him.

Why? He and Ayton would make one hell of a front court.

The only reason I don’t want him in Cleveland is because he’s so comparable to LeBron. That’s too much pressure to put on a kid.

Wow, that Boogie injury looks like a totally torn quad tendon...the quad rolled up, separating form its insertion point on the tibial tuberosity. That's another 10 month injury. 

16 minutes ago, Relic said:

Wow, that Boogie injury looks like a totally torn quad tendon...the quad rolled up, separating form its insertion point on the tibial tuberosity. That's another 10 month injury. 

Could he really walk unassisted with that injury?

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Could he really walk unassisted with that injury?

Yeah its possible. Kobe did the same with his achilles and he fucking took two free throws on it before leaving...i think these dudes are on pain killers or just super high pain thresholds. But you see the way the quad is bunched up there? Its either totally torn (in which case it rolls up sort of like those old school window shades) or its a massive contusion. 

Archived