Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

Ready, steady, go!

Quoting the King O’ the Board:

“The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if he normal rules of the forum do not apply. Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand -- this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.”

And let’s remember that engaging with posters who pop in to challenge or debate w/ us because we don’t like stuff is also against the rules. Best way to deal w/ those who want to defend the show here is to not engage. If they persist, report it. 

Happy ranting! :cheers:

• And the ruination of Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister is now complete.
  • Fuck you, Jon Snow, for not giving two shits about Ghost. All bleeding, ear torn off, the pup you saved, you held in your arms. Fuck you, I hope you die. Oh, you have a dragon now! Ha, not anymore, you wanker.
  • Hey Jon, hey Jon, when Sam told you why Ned did what he did, to protect you, were you paying attention? Because you’re so dead set on putting targets on your loved ones’ backs with your sense of what? Honor? Duty?
  • I guess a new tradition has started in the North, burning your dead. Psychologically, it makes sense given the crypts. (And creatively, of course) But you know, I can't help to think that if you had so much wood for burning all those dead, maybe you could have used said wood to better prepare your defenses? Maybe fewer dead, then? And what happened to the trench?
  • Hey who rules Storm’s End? Anyone? No one knows? Varys? Bueller? Bueller? No, you don’t know, the great spymaster and you don’t know. But you know there’s a new Prince of Dorne! Halleluiah, there are still people in other parts of Westeros. Who is it? Varys? We aren’t going to speak of this again, are we?
  • The inn scene with Bronn felt like a Tarantino movie, except these characters have layers and layers of plot armor on them.
  • How the fuck does Dany still have an army? Apparently, half of each individual force survived. Even the Dothraki? Hooooow? :bang: Also, the entire castle got overrun, but funnily enough that room with the battle map was left undisturbed, to allow for a little dramatic visual moment.
  • Also, funny how the intro showed a completely fucked up great hall in Winterfell, but then the episode gave us a nice little feast in said hall.
  • When a spymaster with vast experience in eavesdropping starts talking shouting treason, you know he’s just given up on wanting to live.
  • So, in the books Meraxes was killed by a lucky scorpion bolt that pierced its eye. In the show, such a bolt is pretty much the equivalent of a magical ice spear, and Cersei has loads of them. Logically, Dany’s side is fucked – one dragon, that can be easily taken down, a depleted and exhausted army, a commander who everyone says how great he is, but in reality is a moron, a Hand who is completely out of ideas and is quickly becoming an alcoholic, and a spymaster who has turned against her.
  • Why is Cersei even willing to have that parley? She should have killed Tyrion, there and then. But plot armor repels a thousand arrows.
  • I wonder how the writers will contrive to have Cersei lose. It’s rhetorical, because the baddest motherfucking team up in history, stars of one of the secret 5 spinoff shows, no doubt, is coming to take care of some unfinished buzzinuss. Arya and The Hound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ride, they grunt, they don’t say very much, and they will kill every chicken, ice demon, and loud-mouthed turd they can find.
  • If Helm’s Deep served as an inspiration for the Long Night battle, did the meeting at the Black Gate with the Mouth of Sauron serve as inspiration for that ridiculous parley? It sure felt that way.
  • And seriously, with Euron pretty much controlling the waters, how did they even get at the gates of KL? Did they manufacture copies of Littlefinger’s jetpack?
  • Dragonstone, the eternally abandoned fortress; it’s like the Ghost of castles. Why even go there? What fucking strategic purpose could it have served at this point? Hey Dany, did you not spot Euron’s fleet? Big ships with black sails, and great golden krakens on them. No? Were you still thinking about Sansa’s dirty looks, and Jon being a fuckhead?
  • Turns out Jaime wouldn’t have stood a chance against Bronn even in his prime, because creatively it makes sense to say dumb shit like that. I really don’t have much else to say about him. I’m sure he’ll still end up killing Cersei (unless Arya, of course), and all this was more pointless drama.
  • At what point will Cersei actually start looking pregnant?

So why has so much of the story been about the incredible strength of dragons?  Shouldn't it be about bending the knee to the people who have ballistas that could shoot down a jet fighter?

5 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

So why has so much of the story been about the incredible strength of dragons?  Shouldn't it be about bending the knee to the people who have ballistas that could shoot down a jet fighter?

Seriously. Jorah should've told Dany back in S2 that dragons aren't going to actually impress anyone anymore because people came up with ballistas. 

Or are we supposed to believe Qyburn just invented them in S7? 

My big problem with this ep, is once again not only are the dragons in the show really weak, but for those who read Fire and Blood, remember how Jaehaerys and his sons went up against a large Martell fleet armed with the same weapons that took down Meraxes and they won, because he mentions how hard it is to actually hit a flying dragon.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god - too many things, brain overload.

Fuck off Ghost, you cost too much. Imma say good bye to my best friend ever, Sam now ...baiiiii!

I hate, hate, hate what they did to Gendry/Arya and Brienne/Jaime. Not that these things happened, but the way they happened. Gendry Rivers (what?) went full on fool. And Jaime was, as he said, hateful. Get the girl drunk and take advantage of her then loose her number. Maybe - MAYBE - Jaime will pull out of it, but that speech didn't seem like it. Maybe he's pulling a move like Arya with Nymeria, but I just wish they had never happened at all if this is the end. Fuck off D&D Fuck off Fuck off.

So much more, but I can't even right now.

They really shit on Bronn’s character. Nobody really thought he’d kill Tyrion and Jaime. But wtf was that? Strolls in loaded, smacks Tyrion in the face, gets what he wants, than bitches out and says he’ll find them when it’s all over to collect his reward? Possibly the most laughable part was when he claimed he could beat Jaime in his prime. Wtf?? :lol: 

Just now, ShimShim said:

My big problem with this ep, is once again not only are the dragons in the show really weak, but for those who read Fire and Blood, remember how Jaehaerys and his sons went up against a large Martell fleet armed with the same weapons that took down Meraxes and they won, because he mentions how hard it is to actually hit a flying dragon.

Maybe it's easier now to shoot dragons out of the sky because Westeros now has no gravity - which they'll reveal next episode before Ghost twists an ankle and gets eaten by dingos?

2 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god - too many things, brain overload.

Fuck off Ghost, you cost too much. Imma say good bye to my best friend ever, Sam now ...baiiiii!

I hate, hate, hate what they did to Gendry/Arya and Brienne/Jaime. Not that these things happened, but the way they happened. Gendry Rivers (what?) went full on fool. And Jaime was, as he said, hateful. Get the girl drunk and take advantage of her then loose her number. Maybe - MAYBE - Jaime will pull out of it, but that speech didn't seem like it. Maybe he's pulling a move like Arya with Nymeria, but I just wish they had never happened at all if this is the end. Fuck off D&D Fuck off Fuck off.

So much more, but I can't even right now.

The entire episode could've been drunk Tormund sexing up that rando girl and it would've been less disappointing.

18 minutes ago, Corvinus said:
  • And the ruination of Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister is now complete.
  • Fuck you, Jon Snow, for not giving two shits about Ghost. All bleeding, ear torn off, the pup you saved, you held in your arms. Fuck you, I hope you die. Oh, you have a dragon now! Ha, not anymore, you wanker.
  • Hey Jon, hey Jon, when Sam told you why Ned did what he did, to protect you, were you paying attention? Because you’re so dead set on putting targets on your loved ones’ backs with your sense of what? Honor? Duty?
  • I guess a new tradition has started in the North, burning your dead. Psychologically, it makes sense given the crypts. (And creatively, of course) But you know, I can't help to think that if you has so much wood for burning all those dead, maybe you could have used said to better prepare your defenses? Maybe fewer dead, then? And what happened to the trench?
  • Hey who rules Storm’s End? Anyone? No one knows? Varys? Bueller? Bueller? No, you don’t know, the great spymaster and you don’t know. But you know there’s a new Prince of Dorne! Halleluiah, there are still people in other parts of Westeros. Who is it? Varys? We aren’t going to speak of this again, are we?
  • The inn scene with Bronn felt like a Tarantino movie, except these characters have layers and layers of plot armor on them.
  • How the fuck does Dany still have an army? Apparently, half of each individual force survived. Even the Dothraki? Hooooow? :bang: Also, the entire castle got overrun, but funnily enough that room with the battle map was left undisturbed, to allow for a little dramatic visual moment.
  • Also, funny how the intro showed a completely fucked up great hall in Winterfell, but then the episode gave us a nice little feast in said hall.
  • When a spymaster with vast experience in eavesdropping starts talking shouting treason, you know he’s just given up on wanting to live.
  • So, in the books Meraxes was killed by a lucky scorpion bolt that pierced its eye. In the show, such a bolt is pretty much the equivalent of a magical ice spear, and Cersei has loads of them. Logically, Dany’s side is fucked – one dragon, that can be easily taken down, a depleted and exhausted army, a commander who everyone says how great he is, but in reality is a moron, a Hand who is completely out of ideas and is quickly becoming an alcoholic, and a spymaster who has turned against her.
  • Why is Cersei even willing to have that parley? She should have killed Tyrion, there and then. But plot armor repels a thousand arrows.
  • I wonder how the writers will contrive to have Cersei lose. It’s rhetorical, because the baddest motherfucking team up in history, stars of one of the secret 5 spinoff shows, no doubt, is coming to take care of some unfinished buzzinuss. Arya and The Hound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ride, they grunt, they don’t say very much, and they will kill every chicken, ice demon, and loud-mouthed turd they can find.
  • If Helm’s Deep served as an inspiration for the Long Night battle, did the meeting at the Black Gate with the Mouth of Sauron serve as inspiration for that ridiculous parley? It sure felt that way.
  • And seriously, with Euron pretty much controlling the waters, how did they even get at the gates of KL? Did they manufacture copies of Littlefinger’s jetpack?
  • Dragonstone, the eternally abandoned fortress; it’s like the Ghost of castles. Why even go there? What fucking strategic purpose could it have served at this point? Hey Dany, did you not spot Euron’s fleet? Big ships with black sails, and great golden krakens on them. No? Were you still thinking about Sansa’s dirty looks, and Jon being a fuckhead?
  • Turns out Jaime wouldn’t have stood a chance against Bronn even in his prime, because creatively it makes sense to say dumb shit like that. I really don’t have much else to say about him. I’m sure he’ll still end up killing Cersei (unless Arya, of course), and all this was more pointless drama.
  • At what point will Cersei actually start looking pregnant?

Wow. I have nothing. You said it all. *golf clap*

Just now, dannyk65 said:

The entire episode could've been drunk Tormund sexing up that rando girl and it would've been less disappointing.

I would have rather seen that, honestly. That at least was entertaining and true to his character.

Also, is there any reason they couldn't use the magic man in the wheelchair to warg some ravens and scout out all the enemies position. These people have advanced recon tech and don't even bother using it XD. 

7 minutes ago, ShimShim said:

YES!!! How do they now have such good aim!!??:bang:

Apparently they secretly mass-produced exorbitant scads of these super-accurate insta-loading ballistas that can rival a Phalanx CIWS system when deployed in numbers and 99X exorbitant scads of those super-heavy but finely tooled bolts. Also perfected the device for mounting them on moving vessels, clearly incorporating some sort of balancing system, produced all the mounting parts needed, and installed them in each vessel.

After last episode they trashed enough story lines I felt it indifferent to the characters this episode.  I was mainly left annoyed at how badly Danny vs Cersei was handled last year to force a change in the balance of power.   I see that's continued on ...

2 minutes ago, ShimShim said:

Also, is there any reason they couldn't use the magic man in the wheelchair to warg some ravens and scout out all the enemies position. These people have advanced recon tech and don't even bother using it XD. 

They’re waiting to make a spin off Black Panther cross over. Wargs and the amazing technology....

Archived