Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

14 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's funny. I know that they're just talking their standard misogynistic bullshit by trying to be edgy and paint me into a corner, but I am honestly excited as hell to see an old woman kick ass. That is precisely what I wanted - Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner going out and fucking shit up. 

Me too. Never happened before.

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I am shocked to see Heart of Ice pissing on the idea of a film showin women being cool or badass. It's never happened before.

How wrong you are, I am totally in support of strong female leads in movies. Hopefully they can update that notoriously sexist Alien franchise next

7 hours ago, Gronzag said:

New Terminator movie looks just like 50 other shitty Terminator movies that were released since T2 but you are not supposed to say or even notice that.

The correct sentiment is: you are so excited to see 'ripped' and 'muscular' 60 year old granny Linda Hamilton back to kick some serious buts. You also can't wait to see new kick ass female lesbian terminator, who is 'gender fluid' , and identifies as a human. She identifies as a human. She identifies as a human, you got it? Therefore, SHE IS HUMAN!!! Who could say otherwise? It's the most progressive sci fi/action/time travel/doomsday movie of the year! Critics are going to heap praise, which means that the movie is great! 

You really can't wait to see it, and wish that they would take your money right now!

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

What we need in 2019 is a Terminator franchise that is relevant, it cannot be like the previous movies and it has to reflect current society.

Having Sarah Connor being a strong kick ass female is a brave new update on her character and will be awesome.

A female terminator is something that has never been attempted before, outside of all the other times its been attempted, and should be applauded for its bravery. 

Maybe this movie will go some way to correcting a franchise that has been so misogynistic for so long. 

Warms the heart to see people find their soulmate on this board!

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

How wrong you are, I am totally in support of strong female leads in movies. Hopefully they can update that notoriously sexist Alien franchise next

Again, it's funny. No one claimed or stated that Terminator had problems with female leads or was sexist before. But keep on tilting at that windmill!

What this does point out is how T3 and Salvation were flawed entries in the show from the getgo, because  they didn't follow Sarah Connor or focus on that aspect. Cameron has almost always done excellent female kick ass leads; what T3 needed was more of that, not less. Instead they killed Sarah Connor offscreen. Having a Terminator movie without it is like having Wonder Woman without it; at the end of the day, the entire thing revolves around Sarah Connor, just like the entire Alien series revolves around Ripley. 

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

What this does point out is how T3 and Salvation were flawed entries in the show from the getgo, because  they didn't follow Sarah Connor or focus on that aspect.

I didn’t watch Genisys ( or whatever it was called) but that had Sarah Connor in it, I guess it must have been great then

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

It's funny. I know that they're just talking their standard misogynistic bullshit by trying to be edgy and paint me into a corner, but I am honestly excited as hell to see an old woman kick ass. That is precisely what I wanted - Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner going out and fucking shit up. 

Whaaat? Why do you think it's something against you personally? It's a bit paranoid, don't you think?

And what exactly is misogynistic about mocking Terminator 6 when Terminator 5 was made fun of for the very same reasons, only Arnold was a subject of ridicule?

Having 'kickass female' characters doesn't automatically make a movie good or above criticism.

24 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Again, it's funny. No one claimed or stated that Terminator had problems with female leads or was sexist before. But keep on tilting at that windmill!

What this does point out is how T3 and Salvation were flawed entries in the show from the getgo, because  they didn't follow Sarah Connor or focus on that aspect. Cameron has almost always done excellent female kick ass leads; what T3 needed was more of that, not less. Instead they killed Sarah Connor offscreen. Having a Terminator movie without it is like having Wonder Woman without it; at the end of the day, the entire thing revolves around Sarah Connor, just like the entire Alien series revolves around Ripley. 

Holy Cow, I'm not even sure if you are serious.

T3 and Salvation were shit because they were shitty movies, just like Genysis, not because Sarah Connor wasn't in them. 

14 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

Holy Cow, I'm not even sure if you are serious.

T3 and Salvation were shit because they were shitty movies, just like Genysis, not because Sarah Connor wasn't in them. 

You also need to remember that Prometheus and Covenant would have been awesome movies if they had more Ripley.. a bit like all 4 great Alien movies. Their fatal flaw was that they didn’t have Ripley.

24 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You also need to remember that Prometheus and Covenant would have been awesome movies if they had more Ripley.. a bit like all 4 great Alien movies. Their fatal flaw was that they didn’t have Ripley.

Yeah, I literally can't tell if he's serious or is he ridiculing aggressive wokeness on a whole new level.

I'm quite serious, and it has nothing to do with being woke. It has to do with what the franchise is about. 

I don't know if Prometheus or Covenant would have been awesome with Ripley, but they probably would have been a lot better. Having someone who at least is as cool and important as Ripley would have helped quite a bit as well. It certainly isn't the only requirement to be good, but it is the only requirement to be a real Alien movie. Just like, ya know, Wonder Woman. Having a Wonder Woman movie without actual Wonder Woman would be odd. It might be a good movie, it might suck, but it wouldn't be a Wonder Woman movie. 

3 hours ago, Gronzag said:

Whaaat? Why do you think it's something against you personally? It's a bit paranoid, don't you think?

Well, it was an actual response to me, so not really?

And what exactly is misogynistic about mocking Terminator 6 when Terminator 5 was made fun of for the very same reasons, only Arnold was a subject of ridicule? 

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but cool beans. If the thought of an older, wizened take-no-shit Sarah Connor doesn't make you happy to see something, so be it. An older, wizened terminator which has kind of learned how to smile isn't in the same boat. 

Having 'kickass female' characters doesn't automatically make a movie good or above criticism.

This is another awesome strawman. Just like the one about how people are remaking Terminator to make it more woke because the original was so sexist. No one is claiming these things! Who are you arguing with? 

The exciting thing isn't strong female characters. It's Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. That is fucking awesome. That she's playing a badass that has been out fighting this bullshit for 30 years is awesome and different than a whole lot of this that has gone on before, AND a whole lot different than what most action movies are like. We do occasionally get the bad ass old dude (Bruce Willis in basically everything, Clint Eastwood, etc) but women are rarely allowed to be badass, and old women even less. There's a reason that everyone fell in love with the Vuvalini from Fury Road. Well, not you, clearly, but a whole lot of people. 

Having someone who at least is as cool and important as Ripley would have helped quite a bit as well.

Having good , interesting, well written  characters makes movies better? Who knew?

women are rarely allowed to be badass,

What cave have you been living in? When did you escape? Did they not have movies in there?

20 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The Two Popes

This trailer doesn't do it at all for me, which is a shame coz it's a premise with promise.

Tbh they'd probably have been better off for completely fictionalising the Popes and framing the ideological argument they're clearly aiming to have that way.

Archived