COVID-19 and your life

Fury Resurrected

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I do enjoy being a bull and a dragon.

Just looked it up (honestly didn't remember), and my year was the ox.  So I'm a bull and a..castrated bull.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Just looked it up (honestly didn't remember), and my year was the ox.  So I'm a bull and a..castrated bull.

The Lolz are real.

Now you must quest to find out which applies first! 

54 minutes ago, DMC said:

In my adult life I've moved to three different cities.  Each time when making new friends I'm always struck by how many have birthdays around my own.  I really think people apparently have sex more often around...August I guess?

May birthday, eh? Same here, and I have a cluster of good friends with birthdays around mine. A little too early for back-to-school sex, maybe it's vacation sex?

I'm a Taurus from the year of the serpent. I Googled "snake and bull" and got the bullsnake, which can be mistaken for a rattlesnake but sometimes eats rattlesnakes. Maybe that fits my board behavior as well. Also I think the Chinese also ascribe elements to birth years, so I am a fire snake bull.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

In my adult life I've moved to three different cities.  Each time when making new friends I'm always struck by how many have birthdays around my own.  I really think people apparently have sex more often around...August I guess?

December babies can be attributed to the happy feeling that Spring brings. Or the Easter bunny imagery has people take the phrase going at it like rabbits to heart.

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

May birthday, eh? Same here, and I have a cluster of good friends with birthdays around mine. A little too early for back-to-school sex, maybe it's vacation sex?

I'm a Taurus from the year of the serpent. I Googled "snake and bull" and got the bullsnake, which can be mistaken for a rattlesnake but sometimes eats rattlesnakes. Maybe that fits my board behavior as well. Also I think the Chinese also ascribe elements to birth years, so I am a fire snake bull.

I believe colors too, if you want to get your reading for an exact point in time. My understanding is that I am a brown earth dragon. Haven't looked since college a decade ago, but it was a bit creepy how accurate it was. I was with a group of friends and we were reading each of ours. 

I did have to pause when it said my three most likely professions would be politician, lawyer or military officer. At the time I was an intern for a politician, trying to get accepted to Navy OCS to be an intelligence officer and I come from a family of lawyers. And I just looked up a more general summary of the earth dragon and yeah, kind of accurate.

Like I said before, life can be funny. 

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I believe colors too, if you want to get your reading for an exact point in time. My understanding is that I am a brown earth dragon. 

1 hour ago, Zoë Sumra said:

Add Triskele, Mormont and my good (?) self to that... Lockdown was not how I planned to spend my 40th, but, stuff happens. The cake was decent.

Happy Birthday :)

I've heard it suggested that those of us who had lockdown birthdays (I'm a fellow Taurus) should get to have a second birthday once things have returned to some semblance of normality.

7 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I've heard it suggested that those of us who had lockdown birthdays (I'm a fellow Taurus) should get to have a second birthday once things have returned to some semblance of normality.

Yeah, in my town they have been doing "birthday parades" where people decorate their cars and drive past the house of a kid with a birthday while the family waves from their front steps or driveway. Sometimes cops and firefighters take part. It's such a very suburban American thing to do but I confess I participated in a couple just because I do feel bad for kids who can't have their parties.

Dante Jr's birthday is in September (banging in the New Year at my brother's house in Manila, and he figured it out pretty quickly when he heard our due date) and if we are still locked down then, I'll be pretty sad because he won't  be able to have the extended family over for his birthday, and that also means he'll be missing kindergarten.

13 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Mass birthday parties FTW.

One of DD1's nursery friends had a birthday the other week. The parents organised an outdoor cake party for most of the people in their (small) street. When the policewoman drove past she was satisfied that nobody was standing anywhere near anyone to whom they weren't related...

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sounds like Mr. and Mrs. Dante had a thrilla in Manila.

I'm terribly disappointed that this joke never occurred to any of us. Especially since my uncle claims to have been there. At the fight, not the conception.

20 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm terribly disappointed that this joke never occurred to any of us. Especially since my uncle claims to have been there. At the fight, not the conception.

Well it's a terrible joke, and I would hope that he wasn't there. 

Uncles have a way of making those claims. One of mine claims to have traveled throughout East Asia and competed in a lot of tournaments. There's always some doubt, but then pictures make you believe it, plus he at the time was a third degree black belt, and he has a lot of trophies in boxes at his place. But he trained me to fight for free so I'm not going to question him, even if some claims make me sit back and go "yeah, okay...." 

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Yeah, in my town they have been doing "birthday parades" where people decorate their cars and drive past the house of a kid with a birthday while the family waves from their front steps or driveway. Sometimes cops and firefighters take part. It's such a very suburban American thing to do but I confess I participated in a couple just because I do feel bad for kids who can't have their parties.

That does sound pretty heartwarming in like a Norman Rockwell way.  Reminds of growing up when my neighbor would dress up as Santa and ride around the neighborhood in a firetruck.

Sitting here now, watching a baby mouse run around the living room. It's very cute. I could probably kill it rather easily, but it can stay the night. 

There's never one baby mouse though, so the traps we have get set up in the morning.

ETA: It was whiskey, btw, FB, damn good stuff too, but I've barely touched it which is a good thing. Nor much else. In the last 24 hours I think I just had one beer.

I miss sports. Go Dinos :commie:

13 hours ago, DMC said:

And yet us taureans will likely have children in Feb (9 months after we get our birthday treat). My daughter was definitely a birthday baby.

Archived