U.S. Politics: Speak, Shriek, or Squeak! Whatever Technique You Seek in Critique of the Isogeneic Freak.

Jace, Extat

10 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

The bantering actually went downhill from the ‘I’d beat you in a RL fight’ stuff? Guys.

I mean, we did once joke that Jace was going to steal your twin baby girls.....

Long before shit got weird. 

38 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Let's see what else comes out on the surveillance state over the next couple decades.  Really, if we don't see that would be worse.  At least if Minnesota joins with Canada you can start wearing a toque to cover your baldness.  I'll still be a silver fox if Zuckerburg doesnt throw me in a re-education camp.

Would you look at that mcbigski, we're on a roll with finding some odd patches of common ground. I too am quite concerned about the surveillance state (regardless of which party it is when its a state, or the corporations probing ever deeper into our lives) and think that Zuck is a horrible fucking person that's a danger to the world if he ever gets the power he very clearly wants. His hard on for Augustus being so bad he has a (really bad) imitation of the Caesar haircut and called his kid August is really rather on the nose.

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Christ, I’d forgotten about that.

Well having your first kids, twins be it, might fuck with some of your memories.

But you did remember the jokes about the bra jungle, so we can forgive you. 

The Pony Queen is still going to try and steal your little girls though. Just wack her with a good stick and you'll be okay.

For now:

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well having your first kids, twins be it, might fuck with some of your memories.

But you did remember the jokes about the bra jungle, so we can forgive you. 

The Pony Queen is still going to try and steal your little girls though. Just wack her with a good stick and you'll be okay.

For now:

No, it’s not just that. I forgot so completely that when all that security equipment designed to detect any fairweather fans who come with 50 yards of the twins was delivered I thought it was some mistake and sent it all back. I let my guard down. And that’s how she wins.

33 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Would you look at that mcbigski, we're on a roll with finding some odd patches of common ground. I too am quite concerned about the surveillance state (regardless of which party it is when its a state, or the corporations probing ever deeper into our lives) and think that Zuck is a horrible fucking person that's a danger to the world if he ever gets the power he very clearly wants. His hard on for Augustus being so bad he has a (really bad) imitation of the Caesar haircut and called his kid August is really rather on the nose.

This is reassuring. Not the part about Zuck, he's probably not ruthless enough to stay on top if their data gets fully weaponized, especially if in conjunction w intelligence agencies  (otoh he's done well for himself so far) but glad that someone I d argue against on a lot of wedge issues sees enough of this same forest at least.  Makes me hopeful in a broader sense.

We re all going to be wrong in the long run as I ve said before, I m just more inclined to stick with the parts that have been working at least somewhat.  Merely hoping the next thing is better isn't enough for me.

But yeah the last thing I want is a smart toilet.  They probably know more about my movements than i do.  

18 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

So I can’t find a thing on this on the internet. You pull this out of your ass or...?

https://youtu.be/4ss8Ot7d1CE 

Warning/disclaimer - this is not a graphic video.  Its cell phone footage, at night, from a distance, and I can't even make out the victim.  But the helpless warnings leading up to the shooting is...disheartening, and may be difficult to hear.

13 minutes ago, The Mance said:

https://youtu.be/4ss8Ot7d1CE 

Warning/disclaimer - this is not a graphic video.  Its cell phone footage, at night, from a distance, and I can't even make out the victim.  But the helpless warnings leading up to the shooting is...disheartening, and may be difficult to hear.

I’ll take your word for it. I’m disheartened enough for the night.

edit: conflicting info on that. I’m reading it wasn’t actually a boy, was a short adult, and that he did/didn’t have a gun. Suspect we will find out more in the morning. If it is true as presented though things are going to get even worse.

Steve King ousted on historic primary night
The Iowa Republican congressman with a history of racist and anti-immigrant rhetoric, was defeated by a state senator in the primary.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/02/voters-historic-june-primary-despite-coronavirus-civil-unrest-297350

Rep. Steve King will leave Congress after this year, ending a nearly two-decade-long career that included numerous inflammatory comments on race and immigration.

The Iowa Republican lost his bid for a 10th term on Tuesday, when GOP voters in his northwest Iowa district awarded state Sen. Randy Feenstra with the nomination after a fierce primary battle with King.

8 hours ago, King Ned Stark said:

Do any of you guys think that the majority of the left, whether by a slim margin or vast, believe revolution is the best course forward?

No I wouldn't assign a majority of the left to that view. That's sounds way too high under the impression I have.

Archived