US Politics: A Midnight Express for Claudia Conway

Tywin Manderly

It sure looks like Falwell was being blackmailed into support of deathcultchief -- but none of any of this matters as They All are All Invested in him.  It's reached Jonestown levels for sure.

44 minutes ago, Zorral said:

It sure looks like Falwell was being blackmailed into support of deathcultchief -- but none of any of this matters as They All are All Invested in him.  It's reached Jonestown levels for sure.

I don't think they had to push Falwell that hard to get his support. Proximity to power seems to be his chief motivation. And now he's throwing his wife under the bus. Her affair, he had no involvement at all. What gutless trash all these kakistocrats are.

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh...the Republicans aren’t putting out a new platform for the convention, they’re going to use the 2016 platform all over again.

How...nice.

"This time, I'm totally going to do what I said I'd do last time. Believe me."

2016 Two: Fascistic Boogaloo

Just now, SaltyGnosis said:

Remember Falwell the elder explaining like two days after 9/11 how all those dirty little sinners at ground zero got what they had coming?

I'm pretty positive I got shit here for saying, when he died, that it couldn't happen to a more deserving person. After seeing what his shit-stain of a belief system has spawned, I do not feel one iota of regret for that.

28 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh...the Republicans aren’t putting out a new platform for the convention, they’re going to use the 2016 platform all over again.

How...nice.

Trump doesn't give a shit about the platform. It's all about him all the time, which is why he's speaking every night.

8 minutes ago, Durckad said:

I'm pretty positive I got shit here for saying, when he died, that it couldn't happen to a more deserving person. After seeing what his shit-stain of a belief system has spawned, I do not feel one iota of regret for that.

I know it makes me very much 'that guy' but I still get a huge kick out of watching Christopher Hitchens tear the guy down to Sean Hannity and Ralph Reed. I miss that man, but most of his fans are terrible.

For the record I think Christianity is fine and cool. I see Jesus as the original communist.

19 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Motherfucker couldn't say 'platform' let alone define it.

"You heard it here first, folks. PLATFORM. PLATFORM. Wonderful word. Great word. Nobody was saying it until I said it. I had never heard it before. PLATFORM. What a great word. You know - people are saying the Communist ANTIFA loving Democrats - yeah boo, yeah you've heard of them - people are saying they want to get rid of your PLATFORMS. Believe me they do. They do. They want to take your PLATFORMS. They say, PLATFORMS are racist. Can you imagine that, the God-loving United States without PLATFORMS. Well, I promise you, in 2021 when I am reelected for my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th terms, you'll keep your PLATFORMS. Believe me."

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

How...nice.

To be fair, there is some good stuff in there! Surprisingly topical.

The current Administration has exceeded its constitutional authority, brazenly and flagrantly violated the separation of powers, sought to divide America into groups and turn citizen against citizen. The President has refused to defend or enforce laws he does not like, used executive orders to enact national policies in areas constitutionally reserved solely to Congress, made unconstitutional “recess” appointments to Senate-confirmed positions, directed regulatory agencies to overstep their statutory authority, and failed to consult Congress regarding military action overseas. He has changed what John Adams called “a government of laws and not of men” into just the opposite.

Our most urgent task as a Party is to restore the American people’s faith in their government by electing a president who will enforce duly enacted laws, honor constitutional limits on executive authority, and return credibility to the Oval Office.

The next president must restore the public’s trust in law enforcement and civil order by first adhering to the rule of law himself.

We call for an objective review of the impact on readiness of the current Administration’s ideology-based personnel policies, and will correct problems with appropriate administrative, legal, or legislative action.

The current Administration has abandoned America’s friends and rewarded its enemies.

I thought I read that in fact the RNC announced there was no formal platform this year, that their "platform" was whatever Trump's agenda was, which was followed by his 50 bullet points that looked very much like last-minute scrambling and throwing everything at the wall.

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

I thought I read that in fact the RNC announced there was no formal platform this year, that their "platform" was whatever Trump's agenda was, which was followed by his 50 bullet points that looked very much like last-minute scrambling and throwing everything at the wall.

Steve Bannon's wall perchance?

15 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Looting a bunch of bigoted fucks was the best thing Steve Bannon has ever done.

I agree with the sentiment. I don't know if I'd call it looting though. I have a hunch that in five years the same people will be buying autographs and health supplements from Bannon.

14 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I agree with the sentiment. I don't know if I'd call it looting though. I have a hunch that in five years the same people will be buying autographs and health supplements from Bannon.

I can see him doing a Chuck Colson and selling religion once he gets out of jail.

Archived