US Politics: A Midnight Express for Claudia Conway

Tywin Manderly

50 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Comments like this are going to get kiddo elected. And he did give a very good speech. 

Round 'yere, you don't wanna be called Hitler Youth, you don't put "visiting the Eagle's Nest" on your bucket list.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Woof, that's why Black Republicans, just like Jewish Republicans, are strange. I'll never get either, along with the Log Cabin Republicans. 

I think Jewish Republicans makes some sense depending on where one stands with events in Israel. Republican Party is less likely to promote solutions ceding anything significant to Palestinians, IMO.

8 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Round 'yere, you don't wanna be called Hitler Youth, you don't put "visiting the Eagle's Nest" on your bucket list.

He'd win a Senate seat in your state if he was the Republican nominee. 

7 minutes ago, S John said:

I think Jewish Republicans makes some sense depending on where one stands with events in Israel. Republican Party is less likely to promote solutions ceding anything significant to Palestinians, IMO.

And that's the problem. It's all short term for them. If they demonstrated any sense of long term thinking they'd realize there has to be a two or three state solution. Until then sadly Israel will just creep closer towards South African Apartheid. 

My sci fi mind has a story about the State of Israel being medivaced to a sparsely populated State or Province and we would all benefit. Hopefully the neighbors would get along better with Jews, appreciate the innovation, talent, education and learning that come from there and Jews wouldn’t have to engage with hostile Palestinian ghettos. Have your own Utah instead.

There’s still more water here, and lots of freedoms, opportunities, unless you are a black man, and loads of varied territory. Bring everything! Temples, holy sites, the whole kit and caboodle. Imagine what could be. There would only be one catch. We would like to visit.

Any advise as to how to introduce doubt into the cult? We made no headway and left, but persuasion is not a strength of mine.

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ayuh, and I'd call him a Hitler Youth then too.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

That would be Senator Hitler Youth to you. Does it make you feel better?

I'm a lefty in Oklahoma; small pleasures are my only pleasures.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

And that's the problem. It's all short term for them. If they demonstrated any sense of long term thinking they'd realize there has to be a two or three state solution. Until then sadly Israel will just creep closer towards South African Apartheid. 

Hijacking the thread for a minute, that ship has well and truly sailed. There's only one solution, which is a single, properly secular state encompassing Israel and the Palestinian territories. The only question is how long and how much more suffering before all parties accept that reality. Possibly some of us will die of old age before then, hopefully many of us will live long enough to see it.

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Hijacking the thread for a minute, that ship has well and truly sailed. There's only one solution, which is a single, properly secular state encompassing Israel and the Palestinian territories. The only question is how long and how much more suffering before all parties accept that reality. Possibly some of us will die of old age before then, hopefully many of us will live long enough to see it.

That isn't going to happen either. Or at least it wouldn't be accepted internationally. 

5 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

My sci fi mind has a story about the State of Israel being medivaced to a sparsely populated State or Province and we would all benefit. Hopefully the neighbors would get along better with Jews, appreciate the innovation, talent, education and learning that come from there and Jews wouldn’t have to engage with hostile Palestinian ghettos. Have your own Utah instead.

Been done- The Yiddish Policemen's Union.Good book! Spoiler alert- it doesn't work out as perfectly in Chabon's imagining as in yours. 

1 hour ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

Been done- The Yiddish Policemen's Union.Good book! Spoiler alert- it doesn't work out as perfectly in Chabon's imagining as in yours. 

It was also done in real life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

Soviet Jews took Stalin's offer of a random chunk of wild, uninhabited, mountainous Siberia to be "their land" either as a joke or as an insult, and number of settlers never rose above 50 000. It's still an autonomous area of Russia with the same name, although today the Jewish population is less than 1%.

6 hours ago, Triskele said:

Tucker says murderer in Wisconsin just doing what others wouldn't. 

4 hours ago, ants said:

That sounds pretty close to an endorsement....

It's hard not to see it as an endorsement.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is standing by the vigilante teen accused of fatally shooting two people and injuring another during a Kenosha, Wisconsin, protest Tuesday night. 

Court records show Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, faces a first-degree intentional homicide charge in Kenosha County after shooting demonstrators protesting the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Based on Wisconsin law, Rittenhouse would be charged as an adult. 

On "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Wednesday, the talk show host appeared to justify Rittenhouse's actions, saying it's understandable given violence and chaos in the city. 

"We do know why it happened, though. Kenosha devolved into anarchy because the authorities abandoned the people," Carlson said. "Those in charge, from the governor on down, refused to enforce the law. They’ve stood back and watched Kenosha burn. Are we really surprised that looting and arson accelerated to murder?"

Carlson aired graphic social media footage that appeared to portray the incident involving Rittenhouse. He painted the teen as a victim who "tried to run from the mob," adding that Rittenhouse's actions may qualify as "self defense."

"How shocked are we that 17-year-olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?" Carlson said. 

Just a reminder as Laura tears through the Gulf Coast: less than two weeks ago Trump's Executive Order took 44 billion dollars from FEMA to cover unemployment payments so Trump wouldn't have to fund unemployment by signing off on a bill that gave money to the Post Office.

As 2020’s record-setting hurricane season enters its most active phase, President Donald Trump wants to take billions of dollars away from hurricane-related disaster relief to provide expanded unemployment benefits due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last weekend, Trump announced a series of executive orders after congressional leaders and the White House could not agree to another coronavirus relief bill that would have likely expanded federal unemployment benefits.

One of the orders would allow the president to take up to $44 billion in disaster relief funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to pay for COVID-related unemployment claims. The order would leave $25 billion in FEMA’s disaster relief fund if all the unemployment money is spent, down from the $68.4 billion that is currently in the fund as of July 31.

Donny, you really are a dumbass and a dipshit.

22 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Would the other officers have just stood there and let a coworker murder someone, with plenty of opportunity and time to intervene, if Floyd was white? 

I think 2 of 3 officers assisting Chauvin were rookies. One was only on his third patrol. At the 25:00 minute mark, one of the officers suggested to switch positions on Floyd, but Chauvin, the ranking officer of the scene, said No.

People make bullshit calls about black people to the police all the time.

Isn't it the responsibility of the police to investigate the phone calls, regardless of race?

For every Starbuck 911 incident called in, there are many many more legitimate cases of crime, regardless of race.

Maybe you should read the Justice Dept report on policing in Ferguson.  The police were stopping blacks at a ridiculous rate compared to whites, despite being much less likely for these stops to result in convictions.  And much more likely to result in police brutality or use of force.  This is the trend over most of the country.  At this point, if a person doesn't think there is a systemic racism problem in policing and the justice system, that person is either willfully ignorant or recognizes the problem and doesn't care.  

I don't deny racism in America or in the police force. But as a law-abiding citizen, racist police are the bottom of my list of concerns. And I don't want Minnesota's problems or Wisconsin's problems or Missouri's problems ripple their effects here in New York. I don't want the beef between two Minnesota co-workers ruining people's lives here in New York. If you guys like sharing problems between states, please take more of our NYC first-wave COVID. Please accept some of the San Fran homeless people into your neighborhoods. 

As a family man, I care about safety ... but BLM wants to defund the police.
As a working man, I care about job safety ... but BLM are destroying businesses.
As an American with 1st Amendment rights ... Cancel Culture wants to fire people from their jobs if they have different opinions.

The police manage to take white dudes that shoot up movies theaters into custody without murdering them,

I agree, that kid should have been shot on site.

let a white kid in Kenosha shoot up protesters and run away through the street, still carrying his rifle, unmolested.

This is a fresh one, I would love to hear the full story before I make a judgment. But from what I see in the only video available so far is a teenager trying to defend himself as he was being chased down. He was running towards the police. He tripped, and one guy kicked him in the head, another tried to whack him with a skateboard (seriously ... don't bring a skateboard to this type of fight). The last guy did bring a gun to a gunfight, but was slow to the draw and was shot in the arm. One second slower, this teenager with the AR-15 would have been shot dead. But I refuse to make a judgment until I find out what happened prior to him fleeing ... but it is important to state that he only shot at his assaulters and no innocent bystanders.

If you guys want to rush to judgment, go ahead. I learned my lessons from Jussie Smollett, Nick Sandmann and now George Floyd.

I know the kid is 17 and he shouldn't have been there ... but then again you can make the same case for all BLM rioters.

23 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

The officer might have even let Floyd go if he acted normal and cooperated. He didn't, which is shown on the 0:00 to 3:00 time mark.

Totally fine to just murder people for "not acting normal".  The fact that you even think this acceptable or is a justification for anything speaks volumes.

It is obvious George Floyd was on drugs. The officer took precaution to remove him from the car. The officer explained it at the 9:44 mark. There was no attempt to hurt/murder Floyd, until Chauvin arrived to the scene later.
In regards to the bold, have anyone here ever had a friend or family member killed by a driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol?

Who cares about that in regards to Chauvin's trial?  He's on trial for murder, not for doing a racism

So if Chauvin is found guilty of murder of Floyd because they had a fallout at their other job (Floyd with-held Chauvin's paycheck is the story I heard from their other co-workers) ... AND jury finds that there was NO RACISM involved ... would this still be a BLM victory?

You know what sucks worse?  Getting your life ended!  Getting murdered by the cops.

How about David Dorn?

23 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

As one working class NYer to another, maybe you should actually think about stuff before you post.  I know this probably seems crazy to you, because I'm sure it's not what you intended, no way, no how, but your entire post just comes across as concern trolling and trying to justify racist behaviors.

My intention is letting BLM supporters know that they are using a false martyr in George Floyd, as a champion of racist police brutality, as an excuse to divide COVID America at its lowest point. I have voted Democrat my entire life, and people like me around NYC and America are voting Trump because we don't want BLM's false narrative shoved down our throats as an excuse to destroy our jobs and safety. Racist cops are not the priority-concern of law abiding citizens. Criminals are.

I found a great quote online, I forgot where and I am paraphrasing for this black MAGA supporter:
There is a leak in the bathroom and a fire in the kitchen. Don't yell and scream at me to fix the leak while completely ignoring the fire.

Don't worry, I won't be coming back to this part of the forum now. You guys can enjoy your party here.

22 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I'm going to post a video explaining a perspective,

I 100% disagree with this woman. Ironically enough in modern times, it is BLM burning down the black-owned businesses. It would be even more ironic if it was a white BLM rioter that throws the Molotov. But if you agree on her justification of rioting and stealing, please feel free to invite her to your home for dinner.

Archived