US Politics: In A Hypocritical Condition

Fragile Bird

I noticed the comment in the last thread that Chris Christie is now in hospital. I see that he drove himself to hospital and checked himself in as a precaution.

Must be nice to be able to just check yourself in. For the rest of us we’d probably be told to come back when we’re really sick. 

He’s already receiving Remdesivir.

32 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I noticed the comment in the last thread that Chris Christie is now in hospital. I see that he drove himself to hospital and checked himself in as a precaution.

Must be nice to be able to just check yourself in. For the rest of us we’d probably be told to come back when we’re really sick. 

He’s already receiving Remdesivir.

But at what dosage?

17 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

His approval is up due to two recent polls - IBD/TIPP and John Zogby's, who's been..very wrong very much of the time.  538's national aggregate still has Biden up 7.6, which matters a lot more at this stage.

I was watching Canadian news talking about Trump and the doctors they had on for commentary immediately said Trump must have had trouble breathing, which is an indicator for receiving a course of Remdesivir. I’m hearing the same on CNN now.

Meadows said that Trump’s blood oxygen “dropped rapidly” yesterday.

These shoggoths get the best care available and they get it at the very beginning, which gives them every chance of surviving and doing well.  At our expense, of course.

Which is why Christie's in the hospital.  He isn't even showing symptoms.  But he's asthmatic They Say, and we all know from his photos he's obese, so into the hospital he went, to be cared for the second his temp rises with everything that has been learned and devised since March -- with everyone around him wearing the best PPE.  Unlike all the rest of us.  We wouldn't be checked in even if we requested it.  Our insurance wouldn't cover it, for one thing.  But his does.

With this going one, with the Staten Island rally with people weeping and sobbing as if in medieval times a weeping statue of the Virgin were paraded about with a vial of Christ's blood and sliver of the cross and a thorn from the crown -- and they were frackin' cops and cops' wives and etc. -- begging for divine intervention to give us four more years USA of killing people of color and all the rest! while by and large not even wearing masks and crammed together -- well, it's now official.  I despise humanity.  It deserves to die out, and it's doing its goddamn best.

In the meantime I haven't been to party, been in a restaurant, gone anywhere for going on 7 months.  Because of them.  Hate them all.

So in regards to the Rose Garden Event, I just saw it referred to as "The Red Vetting." Has a nice ring to it.

oops, posted this too fast. The Red Spreading was also mentioned, which is better IMO.

46 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

So in regards to the Rose Garden Event, I just saw it referred to as "The Red Vetting." Has a nice ring to it.

The Red Vetting just sounds like Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles saying Red Wedding.  I agree Red Spreading is better, maybe the best offering I've seen......Rose spreading?  Rose flowering?  Nah, I suck at this.

18 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

If only Biden had guts...the ability to be honest and not "political."

Yeah, that bastard.  Being all "political" when he's a politician running for the most important political office in the world in the most important election for that office since at least 1860 during the last month of this political campaign.  Why on earth would he ever want to be political?

38 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

If only Biden had guts...the ability to be honest and not "political."

Again - I don’t really see the advantage to Biden calling it out, right now.  If Trump makes a recovery and is still in the race, there is plenty of fodder to talk about the number of dead and the suffering and the free hospital stay he got (with crazy expensive experimental treatments) and the administrations personal irresponsibility with himself and with the nation as a whole .  But being a dickish at this moment about something pretty obvious to most people is a classic Trump move, and only Trump wins when you play by his toddler rules.

6 minutes ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

Again - I don’t really see the advantage to Biden calling it out, right now.  If Trump makes a recovery and is still in the race, there is plenty of fodder to talk about the number of dead and the suffering and the free hospital stay he got (with crazy expensive experimental treatments) and the administrations personal irresponsibility with himself and with the nation as a whole .  But being a dickish at this moment about something pretty obvious to most people is a classic Trump move, and only Trump wins when you play by his toddler rules.

But I don't think Omar's comment was dickish. It was on point. To pretend Trump is worthy of decorum or whatever is just an excuse for the horrid things he's done. 

I see a poster or two above you defending this, but in reality, they're just defending Trump. This is why Dems lose. They're gutless. They can't even stand up to a monster who is responsible for 200,000 deaths. He's sick, with the same disease. We have to be nice.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

If Biden only had had the courage to follow your advice, we might have had candidate Bernie now.

Oh, this is about Bernie for you. I get it. Hey man, it was a bummer for me when he lost too, but move on. Demand SOMETHING of your overlords, eh?

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

But I don't think Omar's comment was dickish. It was on point. To pretend Trump is worthy of decorum or whatever is just an excuse for the horrid things he's done.

People are tired of having a dickish moron in the White House with a severe lack of empathy and decency. And you're in all seriousness suggesting being somewhat of a dick is the way to go. This is almost as sound advice, as Palin giving advice to Harris on what to do as a female running mate.

Just now, A Horse Named Stranger said:

People are tired of having a dickish moron in the White House with a severe lack of empathy and decency. And you're in all seriousness suggesting being somewhat of a dick is the way to go. This is almost as sound advice, as Palin giving advice to Harris on what to do as a female running mate.

For you, Trump was an attack against decency. For others, it was their life. When life is easy, I guess you can defend decency all you want.

13 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

I see a poster or two above you defending this, but in reality, they're just defending Trump. This is why Dems lose. They're gutless. They can't even stand up to a monster who is responsible for 200,000 deaths. He's sick, with the same disease. We have to be nice.

Oh shut the fuck up already. If we followed your advice Republicans would win almost every election.

ETA: You're literally more helpful to his reelection than any other regular poster here. Wake up!

Archived