US Politics- Mute-iny on the bounty

Fury Resurrected

4 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’m assuming he wants to have all the hair he can get?

It’s ridiculous.

I've been waiting two months to see my guy. I'm gonna take the sides and back pretty short while still leaving a fair amount up top. But we'll pause that subject for another thread on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

“This thing that has killed hundreds of thousands, is only that bad when it affects me personally.”—Trump

Well, interestingly, he stopped calling it The China Virus...

2 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Ever since he got ill, he calls it "The Plague".

I'm pretty sure he's used it before that, but not consistently. He preferred to talk about the China Virus because it's "clever".

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've been waiting two months to see my guy. I'm gonna take the sides and back pretty short while still leaving a fair amount up top. But we'll pause that subject for another thread on Sunday. 

My last attempt in a joint I didn't know (Alas I'm 1000 miles away from my NYC guy), my request for a high fade ended up perilously close to Hipster Puff, and I ended up chopping it to easy clipper length. Shutdown has made me very competent with two mirrors and my Wahl. But, man, what I'd give for a quick daytrip to Queens for a trusty cut and trim.

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Trump didnt deliver a knockout blow. Nothing major to change the trajectory of the race. I'd be surprised to see any poll changes.

Also, he starts to grate after a while.

His last debate performance gave Biden three points that stuck for a long while.

If Biden picks and keeps half of that by Election Day I think it’s reasonable to think he’d win.

3 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Trump didnt deliver a knockout blow. Nothing major to change the trajectory of the race. I'd be surprised to see any poll changes.

Also, he starts to grate after a while.

Yeah, Trump really needed to seriously address Covid and failed to do that, likely a huge mistake. It comes down to him promising us more of the "winning" if he is re=elected. Other than that, Trump needed a big Biden screw-up and that didn't happen. Biden needed a tie and he probably got better than that.

If anything Trump will benefit from this debate, just because the bar was so so low for him and he was clearly better than last time.  

But I expect it won't make much difference.  Half a point maybe?  Biden was fine and that's good enough.

3 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

My last attempt in a joint I didn't know (Alas I'm 1000 miles away from my NYC guy), my request for a high fade ended up perilously close to Hipster Puff, and I ended up chopping it to easy clipper length. Shutdown has made me very competent with two mirrors and my Wahl. But, man, what I'd give for a quick daytrip to Queens for a trusty cut and trim.

Two years ago I just broke and asked the best looking guy I know who also always has the best hair where he gets his cut in the Twin Cities. We were good friends in college and he hooked me up with an awesome barber, and the prices aren't bad. He's had to raise his prices, but still, it's worth it, and I want to help a good guy running a small business especially because he just expanded and sunk a ton in right before the pandemic hit. 

5 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

An undercut style? It is typically a nicely flattering look. 

Ok, we’ll talk more on Sunday :)

It's not even what you think, but you'll have fun with it.

11 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

If anything Trump will benefit from this debate, just because the bar was so so low for him and he was clearly better than last time.  

But I expect it won't make much difference.  Half a point maybe?  Biden was fine and that's good enough.

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. The bar was so low for Trump. The crazy republicans are already spinning this as a triumph just because their dear leader sounded somewhat normal. They were holding their breaths, they didn’t know if Jekyll or Hide would show up.

2 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

He wasn't as unhinged as usual, so of course he was "presidential", with "a different tone".

The continued gullibility of the media astounds me.

"Oh, grandpa didn't shit himself at the dinner table tonight; he's cleared to be Commander in Chief!"

Archived