US Politics - The Long Night

Disturber of Peace

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Am I paranoid for suspecting hackery/interference in counts?

2 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I've never trusted these machines. I imagine they're easily manipulated.

2 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Not all all, imo. 

I've been saying it for four years.

26 minutes ago, illrede said:

Or the democrats could expand their geographic appeal, or not and wait for a Colorado-like effect to start kicking in with time.

They should absolutely broaden their appeal, but inevitably the Democrats are going to decide that they need to run more to the right.

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvanian are all saying they're not going to have solid numbers until later this week.

4 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

BTW...

A red mirage in Pennsylvania was the beginning of the scenario described by Edward Foley last year. Might be time to read or re-read his article

https://lawecommons.luc.edu/luclj/vol51/iss2/3/

I'm well aware...

Just now, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Nah seriously.

How are the senate races looking.

I assume Hickenlooper delivered the goods.

I am curious about Maine, Iowa, NC.

NC is looking bad.  We don't know much about ME, IA or MT. 

Just now, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Nah seriously.

How are the senate races looking.

I assume Hickenlooper delivered the goods.

I am curious about Maine, Iowa, NC.

NC looks terrible right now. I haven't heard Maine results. AZ looks great. Not enough results on Iowa to say much.

Just now, ThinkerX said:

dang thing vanished on me, but something about the count being delayed in Atlanta because of a burst pipe?  Isn't that a democratic stronghold?  

Yes.  There's definitely reason to think that GA and NC are both going to be heartbreaking losses for Dems (less than 2 points, probably less than 1). 

7 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Some difficult to ascertain, but probably substantial subset of the polls is definitely propaganda for one side or the other. There are a few for which this is quite obvious, but it stands to reason that there are also some which are more subtle about it. In addition, even the polls that are done in good faith always have a natural uncertainty of roughly 3-5% and sometimes more. That said, except for maybe Florida, the polls are currently not off by a large amount. In other words, Biden will still win, it's just not likely to be a landslide.

I don't think the polls I've looked at were all propaganda.
I'd rather be looking for a reason why the Trump vote was underestimated, again.
The best thing I can come up with at this point, is that many Republicans simply can't admit that they (wil)l vote for Trump. They know he's a moron and that they shouldn't, but at the end of the day they still can't let the Dems win.

Anyway this is the exact scenario that everyone feared. Schrödinger's election, that will remain undecided until all votes are counted.
If the courts don't prevent all votes form being counted of course.

Archived