US Politics - The Long Night

Disturber of Peace

Ugh. I still feel reasonably okay in Biden winning in the end; though clearly not by anywhere close to what the polling suggested. Glad I never put faith in the Florida polls though, saved me some early heartburn. Would've really liked to see a winner called tonight though; too much chance of judicial fuckery the longer this stretches. But a delayed Biden win is of course better than an immediate Trump win.

The senate. Ugh. Looks like its coming down to the GA runoffs, and I don't put much faith in those. Maybe we'll get lucky somewhere though, Bullock is still up in MT for now.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Knew you always wanted him to lose. 

Nah man, this isn't me hating at all, I think it would be legit adorable. if you thought that he was working that old man charm, think about how great it would be if he brought out his teddy too.

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Ugh. I still feel reasonably okay in Biden winning in the end; though clearly not by anywhere close to what the polling suggested. Glad I never put faith in the Florida polls though, saved me some early heartburn. Would've really liked to see a winner called tonight though; too much chance of judicial fuckery the longer this stretches. But a delayed Biden win is of course better than an immediate Trump win.

The senate. Ugh. Looks like its coming down to the GA runoffs, and I don't put much faith in those. Maybe we'll get lucky somewhere though, Bullock is still up in MT for now.

Dems need to at least win ME (which isn't looking great) to even have a chance at 50 in the runoff.  I'm very doubtful about the Senate.

I also am not sure how much I trust that GA needle.  I feel like common sense is that if 80% of the vote is in and Trump is up 7.5 points, he's probably gonna win.  But I mean, if the overwhelming portion of the remaining vote is black voters, then yeah, it's possible.

39 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

I have no idea why people thought polling would be somehow good this year. Been saying that literally for months. Everything they were doing was built on trash. 

Its somewhat useful for trending, vaguely, but seriously guys - next time listen to me, k?

Also me. Tonight confirmed I wasn’t pessimistic. Just realistic.

3 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Nah man, this isn't me hating at all, I think it would be legit adorable. if you thought that he was working that old man charm, think about how great it would be if he brought out his teddy too.

Not a chance. Everyone knows he goes to bed in coveralls with "Joe" stenciled on them to better empathize with the working man.

7 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I also am not sure how much I trust that GA needle.  I feel like common sense is that if 80% of the vote is in and Trump is up 7.5 points, he's probably gonna win.  But I mean, if the overwhelming portion of the remaining vote is black voters, then yeah, it's possible.

Same here, which is why I asked about it. I've just been looking at state-by-state results and see Biden down three hundred thousand.

Jesus fucking Christ. I just want to be able to safely ignore the President and visit my fucking relatives again.

Just now, Pebble thats Stubby said:

So got up an hour early, at a glace at the number it's not looking bad.  But I'm guessing these are the safer states for their respected parties.

The people on the tv are saying it's still very close

It's very close.  Biden is definitely doing worse than polling indicated, but things are still very much up in the air.  If I didn't have to worry about Trump stealing the election, I'd say things lean Biden, but as it is, impossible to judge. 

5 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

1.5. The Russian official gave you a .5 with a smirk. 

Archived