US Politics - A Dream of Swing

Disturber of Peace

If Biden does win, and Democrats can only get to 49 senate seats (which even that isn't guaranteed yet, ugh), I wonder if they see if Romney wants to become senate majority leader?

Him having veto power over the entire Democratic agenda would suck, but its miles better than the alternative.

26 minutes ago, Fez said:

Which would mean, assuming Peters eventually wins Michigan, thay Democrats could still theoretically take the senate if they win both run-offs (presumably Biden wins as well).

Yeah I'm just so depressed and pissed off right now I dismissed the possibility of even Warnock winning the runoff.  Just don't see it happening, but obviously a lot can change in two months who knows.  I do think Gideon still has a shot.  Don't know why the fuck it's taking so long for a small state like Maine to count so much of their vote.

16 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

6% are all late arriving ballots?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Also, if Biden has won Maine, how is Collins so far ahead of Gideon (+13 Biden versus +6 Collins). It boggles the mind there is so much of a split between the 2.

She won with 55% of the vote in 1996 (Clinton won Maine with 51%) and 61% in 2008 (Obama won with 58%).  It really shouldn't be too surprising.  New England's ticket-splitters somehow transcend polarization.

10 minutes ago, Mladen said:

So, MI is swinging... 90% of votes in. Biden is only 12k short of lead. 

This is a must win, if PA is off the table, right? Assuming GA and NC are Trump, and Nevada and WI stays blue...

22 minutes ago, Fez said:

If Biden does win, and Democrats can only get to 49 senate seats (which even that isn't guaranteed yet, ugh), I wonder if they see if Romney wants to become senate majority leader?

Him having veto power over the entire Democratic agenda would suck, but its miles better than the alternative.

If this were possible the next question is whether Utah has a recall provision.  The Mormons wouldn’t fogive a party flip.

11 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Also, if Biden has won Maine, how is Collins so far ahead of Gideon (+13 Biden versus +6 Collins). It boggles the mind there is so much of a split between the 2.

Biden ran ahead of quite a few Democratic Senate candidates. Looking beneath the hood, this was actually a pretty good night for Congressional Republicans - it's just those Republican voters weren't entirely on board with Trump. 

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yes, but I don't see why PA is off the table.

Well im not sure what's happening with the count there, but 65% of the vote is in and Biden is down by 700k votes or so. 

If Trump keeps the lead in all states he currently has a lead in but not called (MI, NC, GA and PA) he has won. If he loses just one of them he has lost. So he has very likely lost as the mail-votes are doing demo and MI looks like it show a dem lead soon..

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Well im not sure what's happening with the count there, but 65% of the vote is in and Biden is down by 700k votes or so. 

38 minutes ago, Ran said:

Things looking pretty good now.

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Huge number of mail in votes haven't  been counted yet. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/upshot/biden-pennsylvania-election-ballots.html#click=https://t.co/BIBGIVja4R

Its the truest "red mirage" out there. Maybe Biden comes up short, but it looks likely that he can claw out a win.

Archived