US Politics - A Dream of Swing

Disturber of Peace

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I still see Trump ahead by 200k rather than 70k in Michigan, so dont know where that 70k number is coming from, but it is true that only half of Wayne county has reported, and presumably the remaining is mail-in that should be excessively pro-Biden.

Same here, and I even heard of 65k after 87% counted.

Just now, The Marquis de Leech said:

Yep. And with his "we wuz robbed" nonsense, it would not surprise me if he tried.

and with the Republicans stopping things in the Senate, he'd have an excellent chance.   "look how much greater I was with the economy"

I believe I said, after the Chief Judge Garland debacle, that no Senate held by a Party different from a sitting President will ever confirm a Supreme Court nominee again.  

We need significant structural change. Increase the size of the House of Representatives, eliminate single memeber districts, (these are new) eliminate the electoral college, term limits or mandatory retirement for Supreme Court Justices.  I’ve been saying it (well some of it) for gong on two decades.

So, correct me if I am wrong... According to AP, it seems. Biden will get WI and NV, Trump will get GA and NC.

If Biden wins Michigan, he is President? 

Trump needs both MI and Pennsylvania?

That's the math here, right?

3 minutes ago, Mladen said:

So, correct me if I am wrong... According to AP, it seems. Biden will get WI and NV, Trump will get GA and NC.

If Biden wins Michigan, he is President? 

Trump needs both MI and Pennsylvania?

That's the math here, right?

If Biden gets Wisconsin and Michigan, he wins.

Trump needs Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Georgia.

I think as the rest of Georgia comes in Perdue will be forced below 50%, so we'll have a runoff there as well. Which would mean, assuming Peters eventually wins Michigan, thay Democrats could still theoretically take the senate if they win both run-offs (presumably Biden wins as well). That seems like an extremely tall order though, even if Biden wins Georgia this time around.

Maine isn't a done deal yet either, though Collins is unfortunately looking pretty good still. But a lot of vote left and if she's held below 50% at the end it goes to ranked choice and Gideon should pick up a lot of the 3rd party vote. Although polls have been so off in a lot of places that who knows of that's accurate.

1 minute ago, Fez said:

I think as the rest of Georgia comes in Perdue will be forced below 50%, so we'll have a runoff there as well. Which would mean, assuming Peters eventually wins Michigan, thay Democrats could still theoretically take the senate if they win both run-offs (presumably Biden wins as well). That seems like an extremely tall order though, even if Biden wins Georgia this time around.

Maine isn't a done deal yet either, though Collins is unfortunately looking pretty good still. But a lot of vote left and if she's held below 50% at the end it goes to ranked choice and Gideon should pick up a lot of the 3rd party vote. Although polls have been so off in a lot of places that who knows of that's accurate.

What about NC? Cunningham doesn’t have a chance?

Vote tally in Michigan has been updated on the Upshot, and I see the 65k deficit now (its Trump 2.35m, Biden 2.29m, and 63% of Wayne county reported (which is at about 600k votes right now). Another way to look at it is: According to turnout estimates, around 550,000 votes remain in counties won by Hillary Clinton in 2016. Trump 2016 counties have around 250,000 votes left to report

10 minutes ago, teej6 said:

What about NC? Cunningham doesn’t have a chance?

I'd be quite surprised if Biden or Cunningham won North Carolina in the end. But I've been surprised by a lot the past 12ish hours, so who knows?

But it seems like the bulk of the remaining votes are from all over the state, rather than mostly being heavily Democratic ones from an urban core like MI/PA/GA.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

You know. Yeah. Whatever happens let’s all agree this was thread title was great.

I can’t say I know how you all in the US must feel, but Europe is refreshing their news app every hour too. The anticipation is intense. 

Archived