UK Politics - Not a Special Relationship

Werthead

16 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

It could be a potential superspreader event.  

Certainly a spreader event, since half a dozen other people are now isolating as well, but I think to be a superspreader event it needs to have dozens or hundreds of people present.

Still, at least the track and trace system worked in this case.

I think there was supposed to be 32 MPs present from what I heard on the TV although the track and trace has only identified 9 people.  Guessing the others where sitting a bit further away from the infected.

I doubt most will have caught it, but it could easily have spread to several.

To be clear I don't have a problem with Boris having a meeting with lots of people, not so sure it was wise for a meal to be served at the same time since that makes it hard to wear masks.  especially when the country is in a lockdown phase.

If you need to eat while at a meeting maybe do a Zoom.  save the in person meetings to when you can mask up.

29 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Certainly a spreader event, since half a dozen other people are now isolating as well, but I think to be a superspreader event it needs to have dozens or hundreds of people present.

Still, at least the track and trace system worked in this case.

Doesn’t a certain spreader or superspreader event require someone, or several someones, to actually have been confirmed to have caught it?

1 hour ago, Hereward said:

Doesn’t a certain spreader or superspreader event require someone, or several someones, to actually have been confirmed to have caught it?

True. One attendee, Lee Anderson had been confirmed to have the virus but so far no one else been confirmed to do so. So no spread may have taken place. Johnson has said the meeting proceeded with social distancing (despite being photographed in reasonable proximity to Anderson) but the test and trace service considered that inadequate due to the length of the meeting.

So Johnson has now made one of his famous "didn't bother to read the briefing" causal gaffes. Apparently he said yesterday that devolution had been a disaster in Scotland. That's a gift to the SNP to put it mildly. Still it is at least an amusing contrast with his stated views on Brexit I suppose.

3 minutes ago, A wilding said:

So Johnson has now made one of his famous "didn't bother to read the briefing" causal gaffes. Apparently he said yesterday that devolution had been a disaster in Scotland. That's a gift to the SNP to put it mildly. Still it is at least an amusing contrast with his stated views on Brexit I suppose.

Oops!

Pot and kettle, given his own government.

2 hours ago, Maltaran said:

Corbyn reinstated by the NEC but Starmer refuses to restore the whip. This is going to go on for a while yet.

I don't see how Starmer could possibly have handled this worse. He's somehow managed to piss off everybody without actually resolving anything one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

I don't see how Starmer could possibly have handled this worse. He's somehow managed to piss off everybody without actually resolving anything one way or another.

I hear this a lot, but not sure what he could have done differently that would be huge improvement 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I hear this a lot, but not sure what he could have done differently that would be huge improvement 

If he’d overruled the NEC he’d get in trouble for political interference in the disciplinary process which is one of the problems the EHRC had with the party in their report. If he’d let Corbyn back in the PLP then apparently at least one Jewish MP would have quit.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:35 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Eh. Liberals can and often do fall on more on the right.

In Australia, the right wing party is called the Liberal party!  Historically the liberals and the right were aligned, although the right dominates moreso now days.  

Archived