Am I the only one hoping Jon and Dany doesn't become a thing?

Alyn Oakenfist

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

That is not a proven theory.  Lyanna could have slept and gotten pregnant by any number of men.  Including Brandon, Arthur, and Mance.

"Hey Arthur, what are you doing???"

"Nothin Lord Commander Hightower, just fucking the Prince's lover/wife."

"Ah, ok then, carry on"

46 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

the Prince's lover/wife.

*love interest

Anyway, these two aren't really a good match for each other, at this point. That might change, might not.

What I am saying is that I can imagine better for both at this point, but I would easily accept these two together.

1 minute ago, HerblYY said:

As far as I know, they are (Sorry).

No problem

2 minutes ago, HerblYY said:

I was talking about Jon and Daenerys, tho.

I do agree, it's not the worst match imaginable, but I can easily see better for both of them. I do hope Jon and Val has some long term potential

11 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I do agree, it's not the worst match imaginable, but I can easily see better for both of them. I do hope Jon and Val has some long term potential

It wouldn't be bad at all, I kinda don't know why some consider it cliché(my opinion).

On the other hand, Val is what I am hoping for. I don't know where it was posted, but I've read a theory of Val's future role, and it amazed me(without any bullshit content being involved, such as the two being twins and those kind of stuff).

39 minutes ago, HerblYY said:

On the other hand, Val is what I am hoping for. I don't know where it was posted, but I've read a theory of Val's future role, and it amazed me

Do tell. She's a good character and she and Jon have some of the best chemistry in the story

15 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Do tell. She's a good character and she and Jon have some of the best chemistry in the story

http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Queen.html

The link does include many things, but is mostly built around her and what her role might be.

However, some informations are unnacurate since AWOIAF aired, I suppose, but this doesn't hurt the chances of the "theory" and the many-many suggestions.

12 hours ago, Rondo said:

They were doing what the Rhlorrans did, sacrifice people to their gods.  

What are you, a :bs: spouter? 

11 hours ago, Rondo said:

That is not a proven theory.  Lyanna could have slept and gotten pregnant by any number of men.  Including Brandon, Artur, and Mance.

Conveniently ignored the other two. Most of what you rant are UNPROVEN hate crackpots, can't even call them theories. 

OP

Well, I don’t want it to happen because he’s going to be the one who kills her.

But aside from that. George has really messed up his pacing. This was clearly meant to be THE big slow burn romance of the series where he ultimately does a tragic love vs duty thing. Now, there is zero chance they meet in Winds and Dream will be a very busy book. There is no way George can do that in the time he’s given himself. Basically Dany has to meet Jon, fall in love with him in a way that gets some emotional connection and then have a dramatic anime betrayal in a book loaded with other characters, plot lines and epilogues. 

Plus, he’s a corpse. It would demonstrate ridiculous bias if he’s conveniently still able to do anything without leaking everywhere. Never mind why the Watch didn’t take the time to mutilate his face or private parts. Or that frostbite on the corpse hasn’t done that damage anyway. Although it would be funny if Dany would rather screw a zombie than Jorah.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:54 AM, TedBear said:

Well, ice + fire = water

Anyway, I never believed that the Starks are the Ice. 

"Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books"

"the two outlying ones — the things going on north of the Wall, and then there is Targaryen on the other continent with her dragons — are of course the ice and fire of the title" 

All of these characters are in conflict between ice and fire. 

Thank you! I keep hearing people say the Starks, the descendants of the Stone Kings of the North, with their Stoney expressions, and their granite castle, and stone grey eyes and stone direwolves curled at their feet that guard against ice are ice...somehow? And keep wondering if I'm reading a different story. Glad to see it's not just me :) 

On 11/29/2020 at 8:14 AM, Rondo said:

i can't say you convinced me.  The Starks are Ice to me.  Their bond with the direwolves is the parallel and the equivalent to the Targaryen relationship with their dragons.  The Starks are extreme.  They were doing what the Rhlorrans did, sacrifice people to their gods.  

Dragon Stone, Stone eggs, some Valyrian house killed off the rest with the FM who founded Bravos, also linked to Stone. Both Starks and Targs are stone. Prior to Aegon the Targs watched for threats from the East (fire) while the Starks watched for threats from the North (Ice) It's not that complicated! They are both Stone, they are both on the same freakin side (Or were until Aerys snapped).

And seeing a white haired woman (likely a child of the Forrest) sacrifice a man , likely a Stark given how much it upset Bran, doesn't mean the Starks sacrificed people. Just like the Valyrians the Targs opposed used blood sacrifice to hatch dragons, but the Targs hatched them by placing them in the cradle, no sacrifice. One does not equal the other just because there are some similar aspects. And the Direwolves are a warning that Winter AKA ice is coming. It's spelled out in the books. A warning of something doesn't mean a direct causal link.

A historical connection to something doesn't mean culpability in the current generation either. Unless you think Dany is an evil slaver who should have burned up like her Valyrian ancestors? No? Well, if that's true that she isn't linked to her ancestors in that way, than it's also true for the Starks. Brandon Ice eyes and the Nights King may be evil, but that doesn't mean current Starks are by default. It's faulty logic to claim otherwise. Especially since the one thing both families have in common is fighting against these historical evils.

Why do so many people ignore the stone references? How can you understand anything if you ignore 1/3 of the symbolism?

On 11/29/2020 at 6:59 AM, TheLastWolf said:

The faith of the seven are not comprised of irrationally prejudiced Stark Snow haters.

You sure? they do hate bastards, and think Northerners are savage demon worshipers.

1 hour ago, The Young Maester said:

She can pull an Elizabeth I. Say she is wed to her dragons.

I think you aren't exploring the possibilities to their full potential.

I think the series clearly foreshadows a three way marriage between Dany, Darrio's handle and Daario's other handle.

9 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

I don't want it as well, Jon should be with Val and Dany with whatever she wants.

Nice choice of words

7 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

what??? Suddenly this thread is a lot more interesting and with a lot more potential

Yes. What. How else can we describe creatures like Drogo and Daario and possibly Euron. In fact, it's an insult to animals and all other non humans to label those scum as 'whatever

Archived