NFL 2020: Stop the Steel(ers)

Maithanet

That throw with the face mask was kind of fucking amazing.  I don't think it was better than Drake almost breaking Gronk's ankle, but damn, tack on 15 and Sanders takes care of business.  Fitz should eat some cake this week.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

The Dolphins really need to stop pretending that Tua gives them a better chance to win.  No chance they win that game if they didn't pull him.

It's weird. He can look better than Fitz, and he's clearly more talented, but they play so conservatively with him. I can't tell if they're protecting him or being overly cautious. 

I think it's an EV versus variance play.  If the defense is forcing turnovers and making occasional scores, no Fitztragic is the winning strategy.  But if you're behind, work the Fitzmagic.  Tagovailoa looks more accurate without pressure but Fitz has the experience under NFL pressure and the willingness to gamble.  Plus I think Solomon Kindley was out this game, and he making huge holes last week for Ahmed, which again would work with more conservative play calling.

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's weird. He can look better than Fitz, and he's clearly more talented, but they play so conservatively with him. I can't tell if they're protecting him or being overly cautious. 

It really stood out to me how every one of Tua's passes was like four yards down the field.  Fitz just fucking chucks it and I love it.

That pass he made while his facemask was being ripped in the opposite direction was incredible.  One of the better passes I've seen given the circumstances.  Most QBs wouldn't have been able to get that throw off at all, let alone reasonably accurately and pretty far downfield. 

14 minutes ago, briantw said:

It really stood out to me how every one of Tua's passes was like four yards down the field.  Fitz just fucking chucks it and I love it.

But I think it's by design. Tua can throw it deep. 

That pass he made while his facemask was being ripped in the opposite direction was incredible.  One of the better passes I've seen given the circumstances.  Most QBs wouldn't have been able to get that throw off at all, let alone reasonably accurately and pretty far downfield. 

Possibly the weirdest QB experience in all off football. 

The thing is, it wasn't reasonably accurate.  It was exactly to just inside the sideline into the chest.  To a guy who dropped an accurate pass on the goal line earlier in the game.  There are a lot of 1% passes that get completed every year, but not that many that have that big a swing on playoff eliminations.

26 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

The thing is, it wasn't reasonably accurate.  It was exactly to just inside the sideline into the chest.  To a guy who dropped an accurate pass on the goal line earlier in the game.  There are a lot of 1% passes that get completed every year, but not that many that have that big a swing on playoff eliminations.

Miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take, playa.

Some asswhit wrote an op-ed whining about the Bucs running up the score on the pos Lion's.

As a Lions victim by birth, such an op-ed offends me greatly. Every single team that plays them should show no mercy ever.

If they insist on putting their fans (victims) through the continued annual suffering, then they should be clown stomped, cleated and general all around have the shit kicked out of them each and every weak for the full 4 quarters of each and every game these imposters field their shitty product!!

Did I mention I'm a Lion's fan (victim).

11 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Some asswhit wrote an op-ed whining about the Bucs running up the score on the pos Lion's.

As a Lions victim by birth, such an op-ed offends me greatly.

And sadly, this isn't even a particularly bad year for the lions.  

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

And sadly, this isn't even a particularly bad year for the lions.  

Try going through a few generations of their loser bullshit and then you can get to the level of rage people have with them. I want no mercy shown to them on the field, they haven't earned any.

Eta: when I think about it, any team that refuses to "run up the score", or at least go 100% at them, is nothing more than an enabler. The enabler is just as bad, if not worse, than the imposter.

21 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Try going through a few generations of their loser bullshit and then you can get to the level of rage people have with them. I want no mercy shown to them on the field, they haven't earned any.

Eta: when I think about it, any team that refuses to "run up the score", or at least go 100% at them, is nothing more than an enabler. The enabler is just as bad, if not worse, than the imposter.

The Bucs pulled Brady at the half. Accusing them of running up the score is just baby bullshit.

Bears really picked it up in the second half.  They were unlucky not to grab a second TD in the first half (Robinson almost had that TD catch), but they hadn’t really dominated the game.

Then in the second half they came out and scored TDs on four consecutive possessions without giving the Jags a single first down in between.  Then they eased back, punted a couple of times and conceded a TD in garbage time.

The offense has significantly improved its scoring average in recent weeks, albeit against below average defenses.

The Bears and Cardinals are both 8-7 now in the hunt for the participation trophy (or third WC spot).  And Bears hold a tie-breaker.  They both have tough final games against the Packers and Rams.  

If the Packers were assured of the top seeding then they might rest starters next week.  It’s no mulligan to beat the Titans, but if they do then they have a tie-breaker over the Saints.  And I they probably have a better divisional record than the Seahawks (I’d have to check that) for another tie-breaker.

If the Bears do secure that spot, it’ll be the Saints or Seahawks for them.  They lost narrowly to the Saints in OT already, but play-offs are a different beast.

Archived