NFL 2020: Stop the Steel(ers)

Maithanet

49 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Duane/Dwayne Haskins is legit the worst QB in the league

He's not good, but he's not bad in any particularly noteworthy way.  But he's definitely on the "washout" path, rather than the "career backup" track.

28 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

He's not good, but he's not bad in any particularly noteworthy way.  But he's definitely on the "washout" path, rather than the "career backup" track.

I think you meant to say he is bad in every particularly noteworthy way.  Including off the field.

31 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

If you think that, you are an idiot

27 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Tywin might be overstating things, Haskins is truly abysmal, but Wentz and Goff are boondoggles.

Haskins isn't good, but he's still cheap. Wentz has the worst contract in the league next year, his rookie backup appears to be a much better option, and Goff is just flat out bad. Missing on a first round QB is okay if you don't get tricked into a huge deal, and Philly and LA are guilty of that (plus trading up to get the picks). 

20 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I think you meant to say he is bad in every particularly noteworthy way.  Including off the field.

Nathan Peterman still has a job.  Haskins is bad, but it's absurd to say he's the worst in the league.  In case you don't remember, Peterman has 12 ints and only 3 tds in six starts. In contrast, Haskins had 12/12, a very ordinary stat line for a washout qb.

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Nathan Peterman still has a job.  Haskins is bad, but it's absurd to say he's the worst in the league.  In case you don't remember, Peterman has 12 ints and only 3 tds in six starts. In contrast, Haskins had 12/12, a very ordinary stat line for a washout qb.

Fine, started this year.  This better so you arent as pedantic?

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Rams D giving them a chance at taking down the Seahawks. Seahawks D has also been tough in this old fashioned black and blue battle.

It's Seattle 13 Rams 9 midway through the 4th, games on Fox.

How could you even doubt?

Seahawks did well to clinch a really tough division despite the defense having all kinds of holes, injuries and other problems this season, and missing the first three RBs for most of the season.  Metcalf’s breakout season was a big factor.  Now just imagine if the O-line was better.

The Rams are tough to beat, and yet they just went from vying for the division title to potentially missing the playoffs.  They need to beat Arizona next week to confirm a WC spot, which means the Bears will be cheering them on. (Ironically, if Rams lose next week and Bears lose next week, then both Arizona and Rams get WC spots but the Bears miss out)

Man I really hate what Dallas has done because now I have to root for Philly if Dallas beats the Giants. Don't know if I can do that or not. Dallas has already screwed the pooch on getting a top 5 draft pick so screw it might as well try to rep the NFC least.

17 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I'm trying to remember a QB taken that high who flamed out this quickly. Jamarcus Russell made it to year 3, IIRC. Just wow.

A better question would be why was a guy who only started the one season, even if it was Ohio State,  taken in the first round to begin with?  

12 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I'm trying to remember a QB taken that high who flamed out this quickly. Jamarcus Russell made it to year 3, IIRC. Just wow.

First rounders getting dumped after two years with a coaching change isn't that unusual.  This is one game early of that mark.  Josh Rosen is the obvious example of a guy who was drafted higher (10th vs 15th for Haskins), and who got shipped out for spare change after only one year, and then cut following year two as a benchwarmer. 

Archived