NFL 2020: Stop the Steel(ers)

Maithanet

I am scandalized to report that my own mother, a RABID [I thought], Pats fan for at least the last 15 years, who is always demanded Pats swag....has informed me that 1) she is glad the Pats are not making the playoffs, and 2) her best present this year is a Tom Brady Bucs Jersey.  ? Come on man. LOL.   

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I didn't even watch the game. How does Kirk throw three TDs and no Ints and Breees throws no TDs and two Ints and the Vikings loose 52-33? HOW?

Because Kirk fucking sucks. Some of the most pathetic 2-minute drill I've ever seen. This motherfucker sent dudes in motion with a running clock after first down. From midfield!

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Because Kirk fucking sucks. Some of the most pathetic 2-minute drill I've ever seen. This motherfucker sent dudes in motion with a running clock after first down. From midfield!

I demand that @Maithanet and @Jaime L defend his honor!!!

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I didn't even watch the game. How does Kirk throw three TDs and no Ints and Breees throws no TDs and two Ints and the Vikings lose 52-33? HOW?

Fate man. The journey was off, but the destination was the same.

It’s time to face reality son. This was never going to end any other way. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

"guillotine league"

Go on...

Start week one with 17 teams.  Each week, lowest scoring team gets chopped and, in this league at least, all their players go to waivers (1000 auction budget for each team).

It's a lot of fun, although probably less so if you lose week one.  This is year two of this league.  I made it to around week 11 or 12 last year.  It felt amazing to make the finals this year.

It's all about choosing when to spend your money.  I went big on Kyler earlier this season and that paid off for several weeks, and then Kelce when his owner got dropped.  Other than that it's mostly been patching weaknesses week to week with smaller adds.

7 hours ago, briantw said:

Start week one with 17 teams.  Each week, lowest scoring team gets chopped and, in this league at least, all their players go to waivers (1000 auction budget for each team).

It's a lot of fun, although probably less so if you lose week one.  This is year two of this league.  I made it to around week 11 or 12 last year.  It felt amazing to make the finals this year.

It's all about choosing when to spend your money.  I went big on Kyler earlier this season and that paid off for several weeks, and then Kelce when his owner got dropped.  Other than that it's mostly been patching weaknesses week to week with smaller adds.

So it's a survivor league. We ran one here a years back. I went like 12-0, leading in points scored wire to wire until Gurley got hurt. I think @Bronn Stoneended up winning it.

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

@Tywin et al.

what is the feeling like around town on Zimmer’s job security? He’s honestly one of the Bengals only hopes of ridding ourselves of Zac Taylor. Our owner loved him some Mike Zimmer. 

Nobody wants him fired. The defense hasn't been good and that's his signature, but there was so much turnover this year, three of our four all-pro players are out for the year and we have multiple rooks starting. 

If he has another bad season next year though, idk. I hate that he's so conservative on the offensive side, but the team hasn't been bad under him. We're 6-9, but if we didn't blow all the 4th quarter leads we could be 10-5. It's just been one of those years.

Archived