IlyaP

Videogames: The Sequeling

Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday and I've got to say - that is the most well put together and well told story I've ever experienced in a video game and if I don't get to

Spoiler

punch Ted fucking Faro in his stupid fucking face even though he's probably been dead for centuries

in the sequel I'm going to be very disappointed.

18 minutes ago, Denvek said:

Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday and I've got to say - that is the most well put together and well told story I've ever experienced in a video game and if I don't get to

Hide contents

punch Ted fucking Faro in his stupid fucking face even though he's probably been dead for centuries

It was great wasn’t it!

If you system can handle it, Cyberpunk 2077 is so engrossing. It's a synesthetic melange of urban delights. 

I just could sit and watch and listen to it all day. It's such a wonderfully colourful, crazy, over the top, unreal vision of the near future as filtered through every singe cyberpunk reference I've ever watched, read, or heard. The ambition here is off the charts and oh man does it show. 

Between this and season 24 of Diablo 3, I have my cure for the Sydney lockdown blues.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:54 AM, Denvek said:

Reveal hidden contents

Probably my favorite story in gaming.  It's just so well thought out and I can't wait for Forbidden West to get back into the world.

I continued on my Returnal journey over the weekend and finally took down the final boss.  Now I have to go search for these fragments in all of the different areas.  The first five were actually quite easy to find, but this last one is giving me nightmares.  The RNG gods have not smiled on me as it takes a solid 45 minutes to get where I need to go, it spawns in a place that is right after one of the most difficult sections of the game that spawns 1-3 mini-bosses in a single room, and every time I don't get some of the toughest enemies and survive the encounter, the right area that has the fragment hasn't spawned for me.  Have probably spent 5 or 6 hours getting it when it took me maybe 2 hours to get the other 5.  One nice thing, however, is that in doing this I'm getting some better weapon upgrades, new artifacts, and collectibles that I'll need if I ever want to platinum.

If anyone here is a fan of Control, they would definitely dig this game.  Weird sci fi story wrapped in a fairly tough 3rd person shooter.